Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 minute ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Renaming my album nooooow!! Tbh Xcx world makes sense as a title too

I think I'm renaming my album too, that's the official name after all... Although to me, XCX World makes more sense too. 

Just now, RoundandRound said:

It was all scrapped cause of the bounce drama? Or why's the real reason? Cause some people here already stated it was not cause of the leaks

I wanna know too

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Renaming my album nooooow!! Tbh Xcx world makes sense as a title too

It was referred to as XCX World too and I believe that's because she wanted to create that kind of world. She had crazy ideas like in the XCX world/universe she wanted to be " fastest and most powerful pizza delivery girl of all time" or be the judge on her own hit show XCX Factor. At the tower we can see on the cover: "At XCX Towers. Hybrid of sleepover and business meeting. Charli and friends eating popcorn and playing with stocks & shares."

Just now, LunaeManifestum said:

Taxi is a bop and a half. But tbh not everyone is ready for its bubblegum pop perfection and im sorry for that

I know, I feel Charli truly channeled her inner 90s bubblegum pop cool star

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Just now, KeybladeMeister said:

Sticky was written for someone right??

Her doing the accent... She would have been read for filth for putting that on... Lol

Rihanna, I think? :toofunny:

lABVyGE.png

6 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

The album was officially called "XCX" in 2016. She had a huge rollout planned for it with an entire XCX universe and a brand. It was some hyperreal Paris Hilton type of shit. It was supposed to be out May 2017. Atlantic had huge promo slots and online campaigns made. "After parties" with fans. She had some ARTPOP app type of tech ideas. XCX calculators, Pet Boyfriend app that was like Tamagotchi.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more stuff. It was a very ambitious and huge project that was unfortunately scrapped.

just plain XCX? wow that's... underwhelming lol but yeah it was very ambitious, maybe it was scrapped due to the lack of budget atlantic would give her, or anyone really, i don't see them doing that big promo type that often

1 minute ago, Roger said:

I think I'm renaming my album too, that's the official name after all... Although to me, XCX World makes more sense too. 

I wanna know too

Speaking of XCX being the og title can someone share the cover one more time? Mine still has Xcx World printed on the building (which is very nicely done btw) 

1 minute ago, Eclipse said:

It was referred to as XCX World too and I believe that's because she wanted to create that kind of world. She had crazy ideas like in the XCX world/universe she wanted to be " fastest and most powerful pizza delivery girl of all time" or be the judge on her own hit show XCX Factor. At the tower we can see on the cover: "At XCX Towers. Hybrid of sleepover and business meeting. Charli and friends eating popcorn and playing with stocks & shares."

So, the album title is "XCX" and the whole advertising and promotional stuff was sorta called "XCX World" 

2 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

AAAAAAH THIS WOULD'VE BEEN PERFECT! I still wonder why would they scrap the project. Compared with those plans, the following eras (not the albums themselves, only the rollout and overall campaigns) are dull.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Sticky was written for someone right??

Her doing the accent... She would have been read for filth for putting that on... Lol

1 minute ago, Sucker said:

Rihanna, I think? :toofunny:

Yeah, Rihanna

13 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

The album was officially called "XCX" in 2016. She had a huge rollout planned for it with an entire XCX universe and a brand. It was some hyperreal Paris Hilton type of shit. It was supposed to be out May 2017. Atlantic had huge promo slots and online campaigns made. "After parties" with fans. She had some ARTPOP app type of tech ideas. XCX calculators, Pet Boyfriend app that was like Tamagotchi.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more stuff. It was a very ambitious and huge project that was unfortunately scrapped.

this is heartbreaking :crai:

14417469274.gif

2 minutes ago, Roger said:

I don't get what happened, either with leaks or not, if everything was planned and ready, with a lot of investment, I'm sure releasing it anyway would have a lot of earnings to make the label happy as Charli had a huge fanbase back then. 

I think it was cos After The Afterparty kinda bombed? Sucker was her biggest era commercially (and still is) but in the UK, which I imagine at that time was her main market, After The Afterparty just didn't do too well on charts and radio, I think it peaked in the 30s... And considering Boom Clap and Doing It had both been top 10 singles, they probably went back to the drawing board to try and push another single?

I could see Charli wanting Bounce to be the second single, she'd just dropped Vroom Vroom that year and was clearly experimenting more in the studio. Then we got the infamous Bounce performance on Jimmy Kimmel, which kinda killed the project overseas...

I imagine this was when the project and campaign kinda stalled and she was like publicly at war with her label and began with the mixtape ideas and wanting to drop some free music for fans.

And then we know the label started shopping for songs, Boys, Rare, Issues and many many more that Charli didn't even write... And considering she's a songwriter I imagine that's when the relationship with her label started to deteriorate. Maybe she was hurt or insulted that they didn't trust her songs? I'm just speculating?

Anyways, then we got Boys, yeah the video went viral but like charts wise it didn't live up to the highs of Sucker, and I think they were still gonna drop the album in September 2017? At least that's what Charli began saying in interviews when promoting Boys. But the whole thing leaked in August...

5 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Speaking of XCX being the og title can someone share the cover one more time? Mine still has Xcx World printed on the building (which is very nicely done btw) 

xcx-cover.png

wait a minute hold on