Fluorine

Charli XCX

I will tell you more in the future. There were stuff for Vroom Vroom video too. A whole video-game like concept where Charli and Paris Hilton would plug into a reality and earn game points etc. Car wash scenes. A ton of shit. Hope you've enjoyed some tea best teas.

Just now, Eclipse said:

I will tell you more in the future. There were stuff for Vroom Vroom video too. A whole video-game like concept where Charli and Paris Hilton would plug into a reality and earn game points etc. Car wash scenes. A ton of shit. Hope you've enjoyed some tea best teas.

omg ty for this xcxclusive info

I'm literally overwhelmed by all the leaks and the info about XCX that I'm just watching my folders, scrolling over the files trying to find a way to make them make sense in a order, trying to separate them in bunches of 10-15 tracks and checking my tracklist drafts over and over... :bebe: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, bored said:

I think it was cos After The Afterparty kinda bombed? Sucker was her biggest era commercially (and still is) but in the UK, which I imagine at that time was her main market, After The Afterparty just didn't do too well on charts and radio, I think it peaked in the 30s... And considering Boom Clap and Doing It had both been top 10 singles, they probably went back to the drawing board to try and push another single?

I could see Charli wanting Bounce to be the second single, she'd just dropped Vroom Vroom that year and was clearly experimenting more in the studio. Then we got the infamous Bounce performance on Jimmy Kimmel, which kinda killed the project overseas...

I imagine this was when the project and campaign kinda stalled and she was like publicly at war with her label and began with the mixtape ideas and wanting to drop some free music for fans.

And then we know the label started shopping for songs, Boys, Rare, Issues and many many more that Charli didn't even write... And considering she's a songwriter I imagine that's when the relationship with her label started to deteriorate. Maybe she was hurt or insulted that they didn't trust her songs? I'm just speculating?

Anyways, then we got Boys, yeah the video went viral but like charts wise it didn't live up to the highs of Sucker, and I think they were still gonna drop the album in September 2017? At least that's what Charli began saying in interviews when promoting Boys. But the whole thing leaked in August...

This truly makes sense, thanks for the insight. 

2 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Oh my, this is truly heart breaking, either way I'm happy with Charli's growth after that chaos, her music just constantly gets better. 

Thanks for everything you aport to this thread and the fanbase @Eclipse

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

12 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Speaking of XCX being the og title can someone share the cover one more time? Mine still has Xcx World printed on the building (which is very nicely done btw) 

btw I'm pretty sure bfy said that picture wasn't the official album cover

5 minutes ago, bored said:

Anyways, then we got Boys, yeah the video went viral but like charts wise it didn't live up to the highs of Sucker, and I think they were still gonna drop the album in September 2017? At least that's what Charli began saying in interviews when promoting Boys. But the whole thing leaked in August...

Wait...didn’t the album leak in August 2018? Why should a year later leak have affected the album release? Or am I missing something? 

R.I.P. to XCX or XCX World, the most iconic and biggest pop era that never was. Aborted but never, never forgotten.

♥︎

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

im so excited for her next album... she's done such a good job being secretive like she's barely talked about it at all and we have no idea what it'll sound/look like.. :flutter: 

a mass seizure will be arriving when she finally announces

Just now, rodamik said:

Wait...didn’t the album leak in August 2018? Why should a year later leak have affected the album release? Or am I missing something? 

no most of it leaked august 2017! only a few remaining songs in 2018

Just now, rodamik said:

I'm pretty sure it leaked in August 2017... I think we had it before we had Pop 2, maybe I'm tripping? haha

1 minute ago, bored said:

I'm pretty sure it leaked in August 2017... I think we had it before we had Pop 2, maybe I'm tripping? haha

This is true. Afaik the album leaked in August 2017. I guess that's why they said it was cancelled because of the leaks.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Nigel Hitch said:

I wanna know which one is the real one. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 minutes ago, Nigel Hitch said:

I think judging by Charli's insta post the other day, its safe to assume that was the album cover, now we know it was called XCX, its the only image from the shoot we have with the album title on it...

just her "I knew this would be good for something" comment made me think she's trolling and it was definitely the album cover?

2 minutes ago, WGFU XCX said:

no most of it leaked august 2017! only a few remaining songs in 2018

1 minute ago, bored said:

omg you’re right, I can’t believe it’s been three years already...