Fluorine

Charli XCX

7 minutes ago, SoggySponge said:

Maybe Bounce getting scrapped was a blessing in disguise. Imagine the absolute mess of having the flu version on streaming...

music production has ways to make vocals less nasal, they did it for taxi and roll with me, I believe they would have done the same for bounce if it was released

2 minutes ago, alkolmoldah said:

Won't catch me using that one on my XCX World a:wtf:lbum.. :runs:

literally i refuse to listen to that disaster of a vocal performance.... the recent leak is the one imma use lol 

xMcVPI7.jpg

7 minutes ago, RoundandRound said:

Not this again... Come on gurl, move on!

cant handle the truth sweetie?

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

27 minutes ago, Nothingness said:

off topic but i will never understand the hate for sucker like its literally smash after smash 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE-HgnlmnhP2bl7yRCdis

For me the hate for Sucker isn't because what was released. Actually, if she dropped Sucker without me knowing I would have been living for it. However, it's just the delays and the hype in my mind that I created based on descriptions, snippets, and live performances that totally did not meet my expectations. It is nowhere near a bad album, but it definitely did not live to the hype.

I also think that the production on the album was a miss, and also it was released in a really weird time period... I definitely think that if Sucker was released in 2021, it would be a fully realized piece of art, but back in 2014 (esp. off of Boom Clap and Fancy's coattails) had this weird sort of gloss over it that sort of overpowered the sound it felt she was going for (which was like 2000s teen movie sound track which should have been equal parts glossy and equal parts angsty). Not a great year for pop music in general, and Charli suffered as a result of that.

I was thinking earlier today about Break the Rules... It was stuck in my head. It definitely would be a discography highlight if the lyrics weren't a bit messy, lol. 

14 minutes ago, abombnd said:

literally i refuse to listen to that disaster of a vocal performance.... the recent leak is the one imma use lol 

yeah me too, i just wish people would stop messing with the files before they leak it cause it sounds really bad when i try to unpitch it azealia.gif

4 minutes ago, howtobeaheartbreaker said:

For me the hate for Sucker isn't because what was released. Actually, if she dropped Sucker without me knowing I would have been living for it. However, it's just the delays and the hype in my mind that I created based on descriptions, snippets, and live performances that totally did not meet my expectations. It is nowhere near a bad album, but it definitely did not live to the hype.

I also think that the production on the album was a miss, and also it was released in a really weird time period... I definitely think that if Sucker was released in 2021, it would be a fully realized piece of art, but back in 2014 (esp. off of Boom Clap and Fancy's coattails) had this weird sort of gloss over it that sort of overpowered the sound it felt she was going for (which was like 2000s teen movie sound track which should have been equal parts glossy and equal parts angsty). Not a great year for pop music in general, and Charli suffered as a result of that.

I was thinking earlier today about Break the Rules... It was stuck in my head. It definitely would be a discography highlight if the lyrics weren't a bit messy, lol. 

Sucker is good and a nicely done record  imo + is not a bad album but trying to compare it with TR like ppl are doing in here is just unrealistic. It doesnt fit. Tbh I discovered Charli with the I love It feat and Sucker. Of course I would rather the punk album instead of sucker but it was as good