Fluorine

Charli XCX

56 minutes ago, Nigel Hitch said:

1000times never said that lol

I know you already understood it now but once again I ask... Have u ever heard Lil Xan voice? There's no way he was the featuring on that song...

7 minutes ago, RoundandRound said:

I know you already understood it now but once again I ask... Have u ever heard Lil Xan voice? There's no way he was the featuring on that song...

that sounds so funny bc I have asked to leak the moonlight demo so many times in this thread:toofloppy:

4 hours ago, bored said:

For me, I always listened to XCX like this...

01. Bounce (feat. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)

02. Come To My Party

03. Girls Night Out

04. I Wanna Be With U

05. No Angel

06. Queen Lizzy or Hey Boy, Hey Girl (feat. will.i.am)

07. The One That I Die For

08. Down Like (Whoa)

09. Waterfall

10. Can You Hear Me?

11. Good Girls

12. Taxi

13. After The Afterparty (feat. Lil Yachty)

I know Come To My Party seems to be the go to opening track, but I love how crazy Bounce is and how she name drops everybody involved etc. Plus the kinda "if you wanna..." then "come to my party" - which kicks off the more pop album

judging off draft tracklists and the pure animosity feeling of the track, I have a gut feeling Charli definitely wanted the song to be the opener despite having CTMP fit that slot more "thematically" if you will 

giphy.gif

knowing how pure and sweet charli is i know she probably went to the studio and let her heart out for sophie i just know she's gonna carry on her own legacy  and carry sophie's spirit within all future stuff .. long live sophie xcx and pc music altogether may everyone be able to heal from this tragedy :(

58 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

I really hope she’s alright. I was watching some Exchange videos last night and you can just tell how much SOPHIE meant to her by the way she would look up in awe at her while she spoke. She deserves such big hugs rn

:(:rollin:

CharliXCX_SOPHIE_MG_9178.jpg

i can't put myself to listen to any charli song because hearing her all happy and lifefull and knowing that now she is a complete opossite of that... it just feels so wrong.

also the fact she's yet to post... reading that will be heartbreaking :(

38 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Omg really?? Where'd you get that info? That means her contract is over?

Don’t get too excited. She said about selling out, she may have struck a new deal. Hopefully on her terms. 

39 minutes ago, FellReallyHard4U said:

knowing how pure and sweet charli is i know she probably went to the studio and let her heart out for sophie i just know she's gonna carry on her own legacy  and carry sophie's spirit within all future stuff .. long live sophie xcx and pc music altogether may everyone be able to heal from this tragedy :(

I could imagine Charli listening to music back things what would Sophie add to this track and how do we do that.

I really hope she doesn’t feel rushed/pressured in any type of way to put out a statement on this because people are expecting her to do so. SOPHIE’s death hit me hard, I can’t imagine what it must be like for people actually close to her.

qfrWuBl.png

20 minutes ago, alkolmoldah said:

Hey, I think I asked this before but does anyone know what songs were in the running to be part of the monthly singles?

Not a super exciting answer, but the other contenders were mostly just Blame It On Your Love and White Mercedes. She played them both at the listening party prior to Focus/No Angel, and the GNO cover art was uploaded by one of the graphic designers under the name of “Blame It”. I believe Eclipse also told us that White Mercedes was going to be the first single instead of 5ITM...? And he also mentioned something about a new version of Glow being ready for release around that time, but I can’t remember exactly what he told us about that

I feel like Bounce is a fair assumption since we got No Angel and GNO during that time, and BloomForYou implied that Taxi was considered too? Not sure if there was any truth to that, though.

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

What do you mean? HIFN has always been an album and not a mixtape.

What I meant so say with my post is that she showed the label that people are here for her new sound after N1A and especially Pop 2 got such great reviews and helped her reputation as an artist :flutter:

3 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

what do you mean where'd they get that info? it's literally designated as an album on streaming services and was promoted as such. 

her contract isn't over (allegedly). it's believed she signed a 5 album deal (which is pretty standard, afaik). HIFK is album # 4. True Romance, Sucker, Charli and How I'm Feeling Now are all officially "albums." Vroom Vroom is an EP. Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 are classified as 'mix tapes' by her label, so they don't count towards her album deal, but they're listed as albums on streaming services.

35 minutes ago, beepbeep240 said:

what do you mean where'd they get that info? it's literally designated as an album on streaming services and was promoted as such. 

her contract isn't over (allegedly). it's believed she signed a 5 album deal (which is pretty standard, afaik). HIFK is album # 4. True Romance, Sucker, Charli and How I'm Feeling Now are all officially "albums." Vroom Vroom is an EP. Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 are classified as 'mix tapes' by her label, so they don't count towards her album deal, but they're listed as albums on streaming services.

I literally forgot hifn was actually an official album:toofloppy: