Fluorine

Charli XCX

SOPHIE is not dead. 

She's immortal now. 

Only few people get to be immortal in this cruel industry where many people with talent just come and go, but she just changed the fucking paradigm and ended up (in just a decade!!!) being a legendary producer and musician in the same vein of Kate Bush and Björk. 

One thing is true, she was way too good for this world and the ones who enjoyed her art and got to know her are blessed forever. 

This comes from someone with utter respect for her, not even a fan. 

I'm here for you all angels. And I wish so much love and soon reconciliation to Charli. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

14 hours ago, CHIPCHROME said:

Someone declared that the first new moon of every year is now a queer holiday in which we celebrate SOPHIE’s life, and i could not agree more. It helped me feel a little contentment. She deserves a whole planetary system/galaxy/constellation named after her.

Yeah, my plan is to celebrate every first full moon of the year with her music. 

Theres a twitter account you can follow. It reminds you of every full moon!

https://twitter.com/moonreminder

17 hours ago, alkolmoldah said:

https://dbree.org/v/86019b what do y'all think about this? The bells are slightly different in the beginning and the mixing sounds a tad different but that seems to be all the difference

I dunno if this is real

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Already shared this in the SOPHIE thread, but since a lot of you love her like I do, thought of bringing this here too. I'm a handpainting artist and thought of painting this tshirt in tribute to her and also to deal with the sudden grief. I recorded pretty much all the process and made this quick IGTV (1:50). I know little to no one that knows her legacy where I live, which is sad, but I know i can find confort in here. ♥

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1YTryDrSM/

As heartbreaking as the Sophie situation is, I look forward to watching Charli pay tribute to her through her career. Whether that be in her music (safe to say Sophie's influence will always be prominent) but also imagine how special it'll be when Charli performs Vroom Vroom live the next time you see her! I'm not being disrespectful btw, I posted last week my condolences to Sophie's family and friends, including Charli. But, for me, I always try and look to the future and I look forward to Sophie's legacy living on through Charli and many more artists to come...

6 minutes ago, bored said:

As heartbreaking as the Sophie situation is, I look forward to watching Charli pay tribute to her through her career. 

I've been thinking about this as well, also been thinking about what a song dedicated to SOPHIE would sound like (especially lyrically) ugh I think it would be so beautiful and emotional

4 minutes ago, bored said:

As heartbreaking as the Sophie situation is, I look forward to watching Charli pay tribute to her through her career. Whether that be in her music (safe to say Sophie's influence will always be prominent) but also imagine how special it'll be when Charli performs Vroom Vroom live the next time you see her! I'm not being disrespectful btw, I posted last week my condolences to Sophie's family and friends, including Charli. But, for me, I always try and look to the future and I look forward to Sophie's legacy living on through Charli and many more artists to come...

I don't find this disrespectful. I find it as looking towards healing. As we go forward, we'll be able to help minimize the sadness with love, tribute, and remembrance. 

In 5 years from now, we'll be at the clubs and the shows and songs like Vroom Vroom, Roll With Me, etc. will come on and we'll dance our little hearts away remembering how special the music is and being thankful for the magic that SOPHIE has shared with us. The pain will still be there, but hopefully it will be mostly overtaken by love.

Knowing how Charli is such a creative soul and channels her heart into her art, I wouldn't be surprised if the next time that she decides to share new music with us that it might be in remembrance of SOPHIE. Especially if in collaboration with AG. But I'm not expecting that anytime soon, she deserves all the time she needs right now.

I wonder what Charli feels about that SOPHIE+A.G. album that was planned to be created during 2020 but was either cancelled or postponed due the pandemic, she seemed pretty pumped about it when she talked about it.

I'm sure it would've been an amazing record, but I'm one that believes that things happen for a reason.

12 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

I wonder what Charli feels about that SOPHIE+A.G. album that was planned to be created during 2020 but was either cancelled or postponed due the pandemic, she seemed pretty pumped about it when she talked about it.

I'm sure it would've been an amazing record, but I'm one that believes that things happen for a reason.

I've been thinking of that too. It makes me sad bc the description of her plans for it felt almost more like an artistic retreat/vacation than just a studio session.

29 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

You don’t even realize how much I was looking forward to hearing that record...

Been thinking about this too. :(  

I’ve never really minded if taxi got an official release or not so pls don’t think I’m being ~that~ guy and I’m not trying to be disrespectful in anyway but I think it would just be super cute if she released it as a little homage/tribute and a nod to all the Sophie x Charli superfans and have all the proceeds go to a charity Sophie supported or something

giphy.gif

Guys I know it might not be the right time and I'm quite conflicted myself as if I should go ahead or not, but - I've split and (kinda*) remastered the 2016 SXSW live set from SOPHIE & Charli. Should I post it? Should I wait? Let me know...:ohno:

(*recording quality is still kinda crappy and wasn't continuous, so some tracks are prematurely cut - missing intros or not seamless transitions) 

49 minutes ago, rodamik said:

Guys I know it might not be the right time and I'm quite conflicted myself as if I should go ahead or not, but - I've split and (kinda*) remastered the 2016 SXSW live set from SOPHIE & Charli. Should I post it? Should I wait? Let me know...:ohno:

(*recording quality is still kinda crappy and wasn't continuous, so some tracks are prematurely cut - missing intros or not seamless transitions) 

Nothing we haven't heard yet so should be cool to post.