Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 hours ago, rodamik said:

Here we go then...

Charli XCX & SOPHIE Live at SXSW Festival 2016 - https://dbree.org/v/bcb51a

(cover made by me, same style as my other Exchange LA one)

I was already such a big fan of your Exchange.zip so this is an incredible extension to It. THANK YOU! 

Also, can you please share the cover of the Exchange one again? Thank you!!!

What exactly is this Charlotte album that leaked on dbree last night? I'm only just getting into all the unreleased charli stuff but I've legit never heard of any of the songs included and the production is clean. Is it really her new album that got leaked?

So what is that Charlotte album that leaked on dbree last night? I'm new to unreleased charli stuff but I've never heard of any of the songs included and the production is really clean. Is it legit her new album?

27 minutes ago, GroupieLove said:

Down Like Woah is an experimental masterpiece that transcends time and space and is Charli's greatest achievement by far in this essay i will

The suspense in the production in the beginning before It turns into an 80s classic ballad with the vocoder on her vocals. Literally sounding like she's driving through a lonely lonely night. The vocal production is so good mixed with SOPHIEs dry snare.

And then when the chorus hits and the production is emulating the vocal melody and the whole song suddenly sounds W I D E as hell. Like we just changed location from the small car into a huge concert hall. The reverse, the whips, the little kiss sounds - like inflating ballons and back into her little car. 

The outro. Like...whoa!

Masterpiece.

6 hours ago, DaddyATRL said:

I was already such a big fan of your Exchange.zip so this is an incredible extension to It. THANK YOU! 

Also, can you please share the cover of the Exchange one again? Thank you!!!

Awwww thank YOU for the love! :wub:

Here's the Exchange cover, enjoy! :sluttybunny:

Ua4kvCd.jpg 

3 hours ago, DaddyKnows said:

Whenever I listen to it, I have this feeling that I'm in the middle of a cyberpunk rodeo.

nic0.gif

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:  that’s a vibe yes

I think for me, all those SOPHIE x Charli collabs were really, like ultimate pop escapism. It was like pop music for electro clubs, but whatever planet you were on, there hearing and dancing to those songs, they were the songs soundtracking this sort of immaculate, cosmic utopian idea lol.

In my mind, Charli and SOPHIE were a space-age duo. Even through some of the more unsettling, extreme industrial sounds that SOPHIE would create, it was in such a “ying and a yang” type of balance with the hyper glossy, bubblegum feeling, it really just got all the gears in my head turning. Imagination running wild. It felt otherworldly...