Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

i might be dumb but how do y’all interpret “My love like a cityAll night, everywhere”? cause it only makes like half sense to me 

I dont think she wrote it with the intention of it being deep, I think it’s more just a way to pack in the syllables but I’ve taken it as her saying her love is big and constant/all the time

1 hour ago, Dum-Dum said:

i might be dumb but how do y’all interpret “My love like a cityAll night, everywhere”? cause it only makes like half sense to me 

refers to The City by The 197/they discography as well but... don't know make any sense lol

I don’t think charli aged well at all tbh-the auto tune wasn’t particularly well done, the writing is lacklustre in parts and the production wasn’t innovative enough.

my honest ranking is:

1.True Romance

2.Super Ultra/Number 1 angel 

3.Sucker 

4.How I’m feeling now 

5. Pop 2/Vroom Vroom

6. 14/ Heartbreaks and earthquakes 

7.Charli/ xcx world 

2 hours ago, Silicone Cheese said:

Isn’t it mad how we got the Party 4 U demo ? @1000Times really did gods work 

It's not! I kinda despise that demo :oprah: the final one is just so good without that terribly noisy outro from the demo (aka like Believe and claws, both of which have unnecessarily noisy last seconds).

11 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t think charli aged well at all tbh-the auto tune wasn’t particularly well done, the writing is lacklustre in parts and the production wasn’t innovative enough.

my honest ranking is:

1.True Romance

2.Super Ultra/Number 1 angel 

3.Sucker 

4.How I’m feeling now 

5. Pop 2 

6. 14/ Heartbreaks and earthquakes 

7.Charli/ xcx world 

Oh no, we back to ranking :thumb2:

1. how i'm feeling now
  2. Pop 2
  3. Number 1 Angel
  4. True Romance
  5. XCX World
  6. Charli
  7. Sucker

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

It's not! I kinda despise that demo :oprah: the final one is just so good without that terribly noisy outro from the demo (aka like Believe and claws, both of which have unnecessarily noisy last seconds).

Oh no, we back to ranking :thumb2:

1. how i'm feeling now
  2. Pop 2
  3. Number 1 Angel
  4. True Romance
  5. XCX World
  6. Charli
  7. Sucker

Interesting how our rankings can differ so much 

1 hour ago, Dum-Dum said:

It is likely a play on The 1975’s lyrics/theme for The City and I see as like a way of saying her love is strong and never-ending...

“My love like a city (cities are so big, tend to symbolize wealth and power, they feel like they could go on forever in every direction)... all night, everywhere...”

That is my general take-away... I really love that lyric!:defeated:

Going to listen to Spinning now... :toofunny: 

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

you’re entitled to you’re wrong opinion <3

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

the final P4U is so empty without the balloon outtro.. like the entire song is this big build up that leads nowhere in the album version. The final verse is pretty but the backing track is sooo empty and underwhelming. Thank god for edits. 

14417469274.gif

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

It's not! I kinda despise that demo :oprah: the final one is just so good without that terribly noisy outro from the demo (aka like Believe and claws, both of which have unnecessarily noisy last seconds)

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't read that

lLr85mb.gif

12 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

agreed, the album version is the superior once you realise it's not supposed to be the climax but it paves the way (and does it flawlessly) to the real climax which is anthems, the bop:party:

12 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

:noparty:

still thinking about don't think twice ughhh shes gonna destroy me once her new era is officially kicked off 

manifesting that she puts on that song whose name i always forget that JamCity did a remix for 

3 hours ago, Vulnicura said:

still thinking about don't think twice ughhh shes gonna destroy me once her new era is officially kicked off 

manifesting that she puts on that song whose name i always forget that JamCity did a remix for 

oh, yeah, monthly reminder to leak I'm Done