Fluorine

Charli XCX

The list of artists she mentioned as inspirations for the next era are pretty much my least favorite kind of music ever (besides Janet)... it’s like stupid happy funk pop with no darkness and CHARLIE PUTH :rip: I trust her but I can already sort of hear the direction she’s going in with the new stuff she performed and it just doesn’t feel like it has enough edge. I’ll reserve judgement for actual releases though 

6 hours ago, nuclear angel said:

ok did anyone record that hydeout fest performance...........

I wasn't the one who recorded this but here

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/3c9eb3401df4821e1c0725bdba8fb27720210416172129/2ec3e5

Setlist:

Spoiler

forever

claws

I Love It

Gone

enemy

Boys

Focus

Spicy

anthems

detonate

Unlock It

1999 (EASYFUN Remix) 

Boom Clap

16 hours ago, White Dress said:

The list of artists she mentioned as inspirations for the next era are pretty much my least favorite kind of music ever (besides Janet)... it’s like stupid happy funk pop with no darkness and CHARLIE PUTH :rip: I trust her but I can already sort of hear the direction she’s going in with the new stuff she performed and it just doesn’t feel like it has enough edge. I’ll reserve judgement for actual releases though 

I mean I’m not really here for an 80s New Jack swing album with heaps of auto tune-Charlie Puth was definitely odd and the black eyed peas lmao 

The more I see stuff like "Chromatica is her best era" and "Ava Max is a genius" and "Addison Rae comes up with great lyric concepts and is a great popstar" and seeing Charlie Puth and Black Eyed Peas listed as inspirations for the next album the more I just wonder exactly what kind of sell out era she is talking about. And with that list of influences I am less excited and more confused than I've ever been about a Charli release before. I don't know how to feel. I did like what I heard of the two new songs played at Bandsintown, and I like a lot of the artists listed in that tweet, but I don't see 1) how they fit Charli or 2) how they go together at all. I guess I'll just wait for the lead single to drop and see, although 1999 and BIOYL weren't exactly telling of the entirety of Charli. 

2 hours ago, thea said:

I wasn't the one who recorded this but here

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/3c9eb3401df4821e1c0725bdba8fb27720210416172129/2ec3e5

Setlist:

Hide contents

forever

claws

I Love It

Gone

enemy

Boys

Focus

Spicy

anthems

detonate

Unlock It

1999 (EASYFUN Remix) 

Boom Clap

Ok but the visuals for that Boys performance is the type of serve that XCX World era visuals could’ve been for us

2 hours ago, thea said:

The more I see stuff like "Chromatica is her best era" and "Ava Max is a genius" and "Addison Rae comes up with great lyric concepts and is a great popstar" and seeing Charlie Puth and Black Eyed Peas listed as inspirations for the next album the more I just wonder exactly what kind of sell out era she is talking about. And with that list of influences I am less excited and more confused than I've ever been about a Charli release before. I don't know how to feel. I did like what I heard of the two new songs played at Bandsintown, and I like a lot of the artists listed in that tweet, but I don't see 1) how they fit Charli or 2) how they go together at all. I guess I'll just wait for the lead single to drop and see, although 1999 and BIOYL weren't exactly telling of the entirety of Charli. 

Didn’t we already get don’t think twice with gone though?

She probably has a collab with Charlie Puth tbh or the Black eyed peas hence the oddness of them in the list.

10 hours ago, mansfield ringer said:

Spicy i love it and boom clap still stinking up her sets.........

ikr so annoying! like, who is claiming them? the absolute waste of valuable set time...

Any of the “label” pop songs can go- Give us some deep TR outtakes, some of the more punk sucker songs, official from Charli as the “ballad” of the set list midway through, splice in some number 1 angel and how I’m feeling now songs and end it with track 10.