Fluorine

Charli XCX

On 6/25/2021 at 1:55 PM, xcxangel said:

i hope we won't have to wait long for someone to put charli's version of you for me on top of the official release instrumental

I wonder if Rita has added something to the bridge. 

8 hours ago, Heartmachine said:

Is it just me or does “Charli” sound a little different after the new Apple updates? It feels like a slightly different mix? 

It's just lossless and if you don't have the right speakers or earbuds (premium hardware), you won't hear any difference...

Also... Idk if someone said it before but  I love the fact that on The Bold Type, they love Charli so much! At least 5 charli songs were used on their show (of what I've watched till now), 

I love it, Boom Clap, Boys, Next Level Charli, GNO and maybe they will be more (I'm starting season 4)...

And I mean, it can mean nothing to some people, but the fact they use a lot of "mainstream" music instead of those songs on catalogues for business purposes, and Charli is the most added one, then Rita Ora with 2 songs, and I think there were no more repeated artits...  

It may be dumb but it’s really been bothering me that Charli hasn’t said anything in support of Britney during this time...... Charli has always been a huge fan of Britney & it just doesn’t make sense to me that she would say nothing. :( 

Charli has always been good about using her platform to bring attention to important issues, so I just don’t understand why she hasn’t said anything about Britney’s c-ship yet. Hopefully she will soon. :ohno:

14417469274.gif

56 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

It may be dumb but it’s really been bothering me that Charli hasn’t said anything in support of Britney during this time...... Charli has always been a huge fan of Britney & it just doesn’t make sense to me that she would say nothing. :( 

Charli has always been good about using her platform to bring attention to important issues, so I just don’t understand why she hasn’t said anything about Britney’s c-ship yet. Hopefully she will soon. :ohno:

maybe she’s also under an NDA? a lot of people who have worked with her haven’t said anything mainly bc they had to sign one, seriously fuck her entire family for making britney a slave / prisoner all these years and silencing people 

14 hours ago, Comic said:

maybe she’s also under an NDA? a lot of people who have worked with her haven’t said anything mainly bc they had to sign one, seriously fuck her entire family for making britney a slave / prisoner all these years and silencing people 

when did Charli work with Britney?

I don’t think Charli ever actually met Britney, just pitched some songs to her team that never made the cut. So I don’t really see how there would be an NDA involved, but who knows... either way, how hard is it to make a #FreeBritney tweet? Charli has always praised her as one of the best artists of all time, saying Britney is the reason she wanted to be a pop star as a child. It just makes no sense to me how she could stay silent about what Britney is going through... 

14417469274.gif

2 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

I don’t think Charli ever actually met Britney, just pitched some songs to her team that never made the cut. So I don’t really see how there would be an NDA involved, but who knows... either way, how hard is it to make a #FreeBritney tweet? Charli has always praised her as one of the best artists of all time, saying Britney is the reason she wanted to be a pop star as a child. It just makes no sense to me how she could stay silent about what Britney is going through... 

I don't know if it's a generational thing, but I look at this differently. In the marketplace of ideas, it's not so much important that every speaker uses their voice on a topic, than it is important that every valid point gets SAID. If it's getting said, then it's not so important that I chime in too. Especially if my relationship to the subject is far removed.

Although it is easy to "like" things these days. Are you sure Charli isn't giving thumbs-up to advocates for Britney in one platform or another?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

2 hours ago, PrettyBaby said:

I don't know if it's a generational thing, but I look at this differently. In the marketplace of ideas, it's not so much important that every speaker uses their voice on a topic, than it is important that every valid point gets SAID. If it's getting said, then it's not so important that I chime in too. Especially if my relationship to the subject is far removed.

Although it is easy to "like" things these days. Are you sure Charli isn't giving thumbs-up to advocates for Britney in one platform or another?

i hear you - and in a way I completely agree with you - I just feel like this isn’t a subject that Charli would be so far removed from. If she’d never mentioned Britney then I wouldn’t expect her to say anything. But the way she’s consistently named Britney as one of her favorite artists & inspirations has me really confused as to why she hasn’t spoken up for Britney during this very pivotal moment in her life regarding the conservatorship.

For the first time in YEARS, Britney has directly spoken to the court regarding what has been happening to her. It’s disturbing and appalling the things she has gone through at the hands of her own father. So I’m truly at a loss for why Charli hasn’t said anything in support of one of her supposed favorite artists during this time. I’m sure it’s obvious that Charli is my number 1 favorite artist the way I’ve posted on this forum, and that’s not going to change - but I’m also not incapable of criticizing behavior of any artist I love - and I just can’t comprehend why Charli wouldn’t say anything in support of Britney at this time. If Justin Timberlake & Christina can show their support for Britney, why can’t Charli?.... it just hurts my heart because Britney is one of my favorite artists and absolutely shaped my life in a similar way that Charli has claimed for herself as well. Charli has spoken up on many POC & LGBT+ issues, so it just baffles me that she wouldn’t speak up in support of Britney. 

14417469274.gif

an NDA doesn’t work like some of you guys think, she can share a post on her stories- I can see why people are disappointed, it’s weird that she mentions her in nearly every interview yet has stayed silent.

she doesn’t have to of course but because you’ve mentioned her so much people will assume you’re in support of the conservatorship. 

She’s also very active on social media so it’s not like she doesn’t know or hasn’t for months. 
again nobody should send hate but it is odd.