Fluorine

Charli XCX

She’s literally never not delivered excellent pop music so I don’t know why some of you are worried.. I’m here for a concept album. The pop star selling her soul idea sounds really promising & something she could very easily deliver. :flutter:

14417469274.gif

3 hours ago, paradiso said:

so xcx5 is evil...but also made of writer's demos...but also pop...but also janet jackson inspired...but also dark...okay girl

she contains multitudes

Anyway back to me being disappointed that Charli hasn’t spoken up in support of Britney… it’s just bizarre & it doesn’t make any sense. How are you gonna name her as your #1 inspiration for years, mention her in so many interviews, yet not speak up in support of her during these moments where her case is all over the media?… Like if I could ask Charli ANYTHING it would be that… :( 

14417469274.gif

16 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Anyway back to me being disappointed that Charli hasn’t spoken up in support of Britney… it’s just bizarre & it doesn’t make any sense. How are you gonna name her as your #1 inspiration for years, mention her in so many interviews, yet not speak up in support of her during these moments where her case is all over the media?… Like if I could ask Charli ANYTHING it would be that… :( 

im thinking maybe she is in one of those "can't take anyting negative mentally," my friend sometimes gets like that like she didn't wanna hear anything about Palestine ect. at first i thought it was a little selfish but like idk i kindda feel her now LOL 

26 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

im thinking maybe she is in one of those "can't take anyting negative mentally," my friend sometimes gets like that like she didn't wanna hear anything about Palestine ect. at first i thought it was a little selfish but like idk i kindda feel her now LOL 

That's a cop out for them not having to care about something.

Anyways, I don't think there's much to do right now with Britney that any single celebrity could do to make a difference. Last year with BLM, she was sharing petitions, donating to black trans organizations, etc but with this situation there's none of that besides hastagging freebritney which would be very corny of her to do now that celebrities and big news outlets are jumping on the bandwagon.

1 hour ago, comeintomybedroom said:

That's a cop out for them not having to care about something.

Anyways, I don't think there's much to do right now with Britney that any single celebrity could do to make a difference. Last year with BLM, she was sharing petitions, donating to black trans organizations, etc but with this situation there's none of that besides hastagging freebritney which would be very corny of her to do now that celebrities and big news outlets are jumping on the bandwagon.

i mean yeah I kinda agree with the whole bandwagon comment, but it would only seem that way at this point because she’s waited so long without saying anything. It’s not like she doesn’t spend time on social media… she has to know it’s happening. I just don’t get why, with how vocal she has been about literally every other relevant issue, she would remain silent about her alleged favorite artist. It strikes me as incredibly strange & uncomfortable……….

14417469274.gif

On 7/15/2021 at 7:36 PM, Nightmare said:

if played well the concept of the “pop star who sold her soul to the label” could be amazing. maybe the visuals, the story will be dark/evil while the music could just be pop bc thats what the label would want to release and this could also explain why she’s releasing songs she didn’t write. 

So basically Poppy

1 hour ago, xcxangel said:

where has this idea of charli putting songs written by someone else on the album come from? i feel like i missed the memo

it came from charli herself on twitter

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I feel like the dark pop star concept would fit well with her current sound. i could see the album starting off very pop and get more pc music sounding as it continues tbh

I need a Backseat demo 

Or a February 2017 demo 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 minutes ago, drewby said:

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a single in the next 6 weeks :hooker:

Fingers crossed for next weekend with her online concert. 

does anyone have a list of what leaked after the jan-feb mass leak? (i searched but i didn't find any lists thats why im asking)

bIZyMFi.gif

5 hours ago, tokyeros said:

I feel like the dark pop star concept would fit well with her current sound. i could see the album starting off very pop and get more pc music sounding as it continues tbh

When I think of “dark pop” for Charli, it just sounds to me like more Vroom Vroom/Trophy/Gone/Pink Diamond type stuff… all varying degrees of it of course… but the whole like, “cyber-demon” vibe…

…which, can you ever get enough of that?? Nope! :popcorn: :toofunny:  Terminator/industrial aesthetics…