Fluorine

Charli XCX

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Well I’ve been on this section for many years and loved True Romance, Sucker, Vroom Vroom, the old mixtapes and Liked N1 Angel, a few songs off How I’m feeling now and Pop 2. 

Just really hated the Charli album.

most of the songs on charli seem rushed because they were probably demos that she had laying around when atlantic finally gave her the green light. it's interesting that hifn has no features, and we can't blame the pandemic for that because over half the features for charli were done independently. The visuals were weak and she even said before the album was out that she had already moved on to the next one. 

there are some great songs on charli that i love but as a whole there is zero concept and overall it just seemed lazy imo. she talks more about pop2 sucker and tr more than charli nowadays  

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

51 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Well I’ve been on this section for many years and loved True Romance, Sucker, Vroom Vroom, the old mixtapes and Liked N1 Angel, a few songs off How I’m feeling now and Pop 2. 

Just really hated the Charli album.

I'm with you. I thought that Charli sucked. I don't even listen to Next Level Charli anymore. N1A has always been my favorite and those songs tend to never get stale. Vroom Vroom and Secret are good too because they're so high energy. Pop 2 is overrated. I think that's where my dislike in Charli, Pop2, and HIFN come from. They're so melancholic and not as glossy and glittery as N1A. The singles/mixtapes of Girls Night Out and No Angel era are okay, and I used to just blindly say I loved them because Sophie did them, but even those grow pretty stale fast. I did like XCX World but mostly the upbeat songs like Down Like Whoa, Bounce, Sticky, and Waterfall. They feel dated though. The sadder songs seem to last but they depress me. I really think this angle she's taking the new album is what will suit me. Which I understand is a bit sad because Charli probably wants to express herself emotionally through her music instead of selling out to her fans, so it's like a pulling force.

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

charli doesn't suck, it was just always going to be not as good following N1A and pop2. it isnt bad but i don't think i ever listen to the album in full, just a few songs here and there

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Just now, HEARTCORE said:

charli doesn't suck, it was just always going to be not as good following N1A and pop2. it isnt bad but i don't think i ever listen to the album in full, just a few songs here and there

I agree, I shouldn't have said it sucked, but it's just not for me. I like upbeat pop music. The type of stuff I can listen to by a pool, even if it's snowing in the middle of winter. Music influences my emotions too much. I think that's why I like N1A so much, it's so romantic and I'm so lonely, so being able to have Charli in my head is like having somebody to displace my pent up romantic feelings on.

i-hate-you-i-know.gif

1 hour ago, abombnd said:

I love her hyperpop era but I'm happy it's finally over, it lasted... very long...

Agreed-we went from synth pop/dark wave with hip hop influences to Pop Punk/Bubblegum pop  to PC Music/Hyper pop for half of the last decade-it was time.

N1A was an outlier in that it seemed to sum up her entire career up to that point

To me Charli is one of her best. Not like the mixtapes but right under. It's HIFN that felt like unnecessary to me and proposing the hyperpop sound again and again and again, although I love the songs on it. Charli was just the ending point of an era and I loved it. 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

emIQHLV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

not these hyperroaches trying to villainize charli already.. fits the album theme tho yas promo

i feel like it was obvious she meant her OWN hyperpop music journey....

xMcVPI7.jpg

Charli was a very special time and an amazing album, im glad its a special album for her. its her most polished and it was a great culmination of what she had done in the past 3 years when it came out. its a great statement idk how some of ya'll dont see how it doesn't fit, its THE transition album.

Charli shines by herself so im glad she the lead single is solo this era. 

also justice for Warm 

1 hour ago, Vulnicura said:

Charli was a very special time and an amazing album, im glad its a special album for her. its her most polished and it was a great culmination of what she had done in the past 3 years when it came out. its a great statement idk how some of ya'll dont see how it doesn't fit, its THE transition album.

also justice for Warm 

Warm bottom tier in her discography

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

emIQHLV_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

not these hyperroaches trying to villainize charli already.. fits the album theme tho yas promo

Not this SOPHIE splice pack imitator trying to stick her nose in Charli’s business…

8 hours ago, Vulnicura said:

also justice for Warm 

Right??? Idk what some of those hot takes are about tbh:smokes: