Fluorine

Charli XCX

omg prepare for the influx of locals who love Good Ones after hearing it on the radio and then they start looking at Charli’s previous works and then they think they’ve “discovered” Number 1 Angel or Pop 2 since they’re old lol

14 hours ago, alexspears said:

my only issue is that the intro synth bit feels like low-quality somehow ://

Omg yass I'm not the only one who thinks this :toofunny:
Also the way her vocals are processed makes the "S" consonants sound so muffled and LQ, almost like she has a lisp or something
I can't unhear "That you got your kickth from theeing me low"

12 hours ago, Heartmachine said:

I listened earlier and it seemed like she may have been implying that she intends to renew her contract too, or at least shop around for another major label afterwards… and I hope she does. 

I think it makes sense to “go out with a bang” to fulfill the current contract, I just hope she doesn’t completely leave her experimental pop days behind her, going forward…

yeah im excited I think she's kind of found her niche thing within her label and the industry. I really liked the segment where she was complaining about having to listen to people who aren't songwriters while in sessions.

Also sweat sounds so cute from the snippet totally getting the janet/control influence she was talking about for this era

BZ said this on ATRL earlier today:

Some generic ugly extended remix coming soon... we really just wanted the OG but longer

She teased next single heavily some days ago, surprised it's not making a big buzz considering it's a song she already previewed earlier too

4 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

Some generic ugly extended remix coming soon... we really just wanted the OG but longer

She teased next single heavily some days ago, surprised it's not making a big buzz considering it's a song she already previewed earlier too

Omg huh? Don't Think Twice? lol

23 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

hm i wonder if its possible that "what u want, i aint got it" could actually be a snippet/remixed-snippet of Sweat?

I was thinking the tease from a few days ago is probably the Caroline/Christine collab we got a pic of… and the preview from earlier is probably What You Want or Don’t Think Twice? So a feature on one of those songs?

Since ‘Sweat’ is being advertised as exclusive to that campaign, I figured that song is probably out of the equation but idk.

8 minutes ago, Kurt said:

I was thinking the tease from a few days ago is probably the Caroline/Christine collab we got a pic of… and the preview from earlier is probably What You Want or Don’t Think Twice? So a feature on one of those songs?

Since ‘Sweat’ is being advertised as exclusive to that campaign, I figured that song is probably out of the equation but idk.

I don't think so, I think the Caroline and Christine feature is an entirely different song, CHARLI UPDATES on twitter said something about new shapes

22 minutes ago, andruexcx said:

idk bout you guys but What You Want sounds more along the lines of Good Ones than Dont Think Twice does. Dont Think Twice sounds like HIFN/Charli/Pop 2, not Good Ones 

Don’t Think Twice sounds like a winter time bop… perfect for an official XCXmas release :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

I don't think so, I think the Caroline and Christine feature is an entirely different song, CHARLI UPDATES on twitter said something about new shapes

I think the shapes thing just comes from Charli’s caption right? But yeah, I’m not sure what else the tease from “a few days ago” could be… exciting either way tho!!

4 hours ago, andruexcx said:

idk bout you guys but What You Want sounds more along the lines of Good Ones than Dont Think Twice does. Dont Think Twice sounds like HIFN/Charli/Pop 2, not Good Ones 

that's because the version of don't think twice was remixed for the show, the released version is going to sound different

I don’t know about y’all but I don’t think GO is gonna do well on the charts 

Also I really hope she ditches the autotuned effect on her voice if she actually plans to go full pop cause it doesn’t work 

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

I don’t know about y’all but I don’t think GO is gonna do well on the charts 

Also I really hope she ditches the autotuned effect on her voice if she actually plans to go full pop cause it doesn’t work 

i don't understand how this could even possibly make sense :rip:

pop music has been using vocal correction and more blatant autotune for like 24 years now

and even MORE in the last 5 years with hip hop and pop being so closely influenced by one another.

if autotune doesn't work to sell units then how is post malone the only artist to have 3 diamond singles by the age of 25 :mj:

maybe you don't like autotune but......... you're clearly in the minority lmfao. 

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener