Fluorine

Charli XCX

49 minutes ago, alan said:

this album is gonna be HUGE

Commercially? 

Good Ones flopped & New Shapes isn't going to do anything. We need a basic bop like Boys or 1999 to get some streams, I thought she'd have Dua Lipa, Jax Jones etc. on this album to pull in numbers.

1 hour ago, sweetener said:

my video got insta copyrighted off of youtube :toofloppy:

she played tracks 1,4,7,8  

i'm trying to deduce which tracks are which based off of this but she played 6 snippets not 4, i'm not sure if it detected them/if she even played them in order... also trying to cross reference this with the album credits she posted on ig but i don't know if those are in order either. the ones for new shapes and good ones seem to be so i'm thinking they might be

12 minutes ago, DearSociety13 said:

Commercially? 

Good Ones flopped & New Shapes isn't going to do anything. We need a basic bop like Boys or 1999 to get some streams, I thought she'd have Dua Lipa, Jax Jones etc. on this album to pull in numbers.

The thing is, she doesn’t NEED to make basic pop music to for a hit. There’s plenty of singers/artists who have hit songs that stand out from the rest of their discography, some even masterpieces. She has so much potential to make hit songs but so far she’s missing that mark. None of these new songs have much depth to them which is I guess what she’s going for…? :lolliney:

the way seeing charli next year will be HEAVEN after these no-live-music corona years (fingers crossed we don't get a new variant/uptick in cases again)...singing, dancing, screaming "it's charli baby!!" i truly can't wait :dance:

1 minute ago, blameitonme said:

boom clap 2.0 ft ed sheeran

:lmao:

it's true tho she could write this song in 30 secs but we get bops instead

aOaIzH2.gif

this is the best i could come up with, just a guess

1. Crash - 2:10, prod. AG Cook & George Daniel
2. New Shapes (feat. Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek) - 3:20, prod. Deaton Chris Anthony & Lotus IV
3. Good Ones - 2:16, prod. Oscar Holter
4. Full Control - 3:09, prod. Digital Farm Animals
5. ??? (feat. Rina Sawayama) - 2:48, prod. Ian Kirkpatrick & Jason Evigan
6. Move Me - 2:27, prod. Justin Raisen & sadpony
7. ??? - 2:40, prod. Ariel Rechtshaid
8. Repeat - 3:57, prod. ILYA
9. ??? - 3:02, prod. AG Cook & Oneohtrix Point Never
10. Yuck - 2:18, prod. Mike Wise
11. Lavender - 2:28 prod. Jon Shave
12. Don’t Think Twice - 3:14, prod. AG Cook & ???

*i don't know where sweat factors into this, i had assumed it was just a promo single for pandora but people are saying it's for the album so maybe a bonus track? the baby song she played is the digital farm animals one and the "i'm about to crash" teaser sounds like it fits with the AG & george daniel snippet she played with the tires screeching, makes sense as an intro

Those snippets are everything. The Ariel track will definitely be one of my favorites. I’m being openly delusional and hoping for this to be a visual album. With the length being so short, I feel it could be a whole moment to truly sell the “I’m a sell out pop star and this is my story.”

10 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

the way seeing charli next year will be HEAVEN after these no-live-music corona years (fingers crossed we don't get a new variant/uptick in cases again)...singing, dancing, screaming "it's charli baby!!" i truly can't wait :dance:

i am so excited!! i'm even thinking about following her through a few cities in her europe tour.. cost dependent :flutter: