Fluorine

Charli XCX

15 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i thought the car/bridge footage was going to be in the video :noparty:

hey at least that could mean we're getting another video

32 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Breaking up and Break the Rules were really good and famous 

Yeah true, I guess I mean everything from Vroom Vroom and onwards. The music got a lot better but the quality of her MVs dipped significantly.

3 minutes ago, celestewa said:

Yeah true, I guess I mean everything from Vroom Vroom and onwards. The music got a lot better but the quality of her MVs dipped significantly.

Eh yes and no it’s subjective, I like the Vroom Vroom EP, N1 Angel is a pop feast, I’m really mixed with pop 2, Charli I hated, how I’m feeling has some songs I love. 

I’d still argue her best writing, production and vocals were on TR. I’m not sure she will ever top it because there was a lot of pressure. 

i never go to shows, but i impulse bought a ticket to her show in boston b/c it is on 4/20 and that just sounds like an amazing serendipity. i last saw charli back in 2013 in dc after she first released true romance, so it's going to feel very full circle to see her after crash comes out. i was a shy lil teenager when i saw her last, and now i'm realizing myself, so seeing her on a special day in the city i've transplanted myself to is gonna be magical :`) <3

5 hours ago, celestewa said:

As much as I love Charles her MVs are just bad. She needs to tell us a STORY not just flail her arms around while lipsyncing. 

I mean, new shapes seems to be just a promo single - hence the budget for this video obviously not being near good ones 

and i thought good ones was super great!

also… anything’s better than something like 5itm or bioyl :et:

2 hours ago, brandon said:

I mean, new shapes seems to be just a promo single - hence the budget for this video obviously not being near good ones 

and i thought good ones was super great!

also… anything’s better than something like 5itm or bioyl :et:

Oh not the "it's a promo single" after the fact! oldest stan trick in the book.

Anyway, mv was bad but the song wasn't great either. I'm disappointed mostly due to me expecting the hook for new shapes to be an interlude for a better song, rather than an actual chorus that sounds extremely ill-fitting. Seriously, who thought the drums sounded good? The vocal melody and the beat are clashing so hard.