Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yeah, it's because it's a different version. There are notable changes during the bridge, and when the second verse ends, the "do you wanna have some fun?" vox is missing. This same "do you wanna have some fun?" from the end of the bridge sounds different, like it had different editing. I'm pretty sure those stems are not "missing", it's just we got the stems for a different version of the song.

It slaps to have a lossless version, but the final remains the superior imo :bop: 

Yeah, I may take a look into mixing / mastering this and maybe seeing if I can recreate some of the missing details. 

I'm not an expert by any means so please don't get too excited y'all lol <3

j14CYJi.png

3 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Yeah, I may take a look into mixing / mastering this and maybe seeing if I can recreate some of the missing details. 

I'm not an expert by any means so please don't get too excited y'all lol <3

I worked on a "missing stems" stem. It's pretty DIY but it reinstates the more obvious missing bits https://dbree.org/v/46195a, hopefully it's a good starting point for someone with more technical know-how.

I've also reworked the post-middle 8, for which you'd need to remove the tumdrum02, snare01 & sub02 stems from roughly 2:39-2:47.

Here's the final result: https://dbree.org/v/066195

5 hours ago, Nigel Hitch said:

honestly I'd prefer sweat than new shapes on the album:nails:

I think I would have enjoyed more "Sweat" as the second single than "New Shapes". 

Don't get me wrong, I like NS but something about it feels underwhelming to me. 

Maybe I would have liked it more if Caroline and Chris would've sing way more than just in their own bridge and verse respectively. I dunno... 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

46 minutes ago, Dima said:

Lock It Up - it’s a perfection. A N1A outtake we lost. Such a good damn song 

Just curious - what songs do you have sorted as N1A outtakes?

I find it really hard to discern because she was still working on XCX World at the same time (late 2016/early 2017) so I’m really curious how you guys have organized the material!