Fluorine

Charli XCX

21 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She's probably just exhausted from all the promotion she's been doing. That can explain her lack of energy. 

what promo? Lol

I feel like she’s so over this era already. I thought someone said she signed another deal with Atlantic already? Maybe she is not so enthusiastic because she knows her contract is coming to an end and I doubt another major label will sign her.

she’s gonna be turning 30 next year. I feel like she’s going down the same path Iggy has been with going independent then going on hiatus after her first indie album bombs. 

She’s never had energy in any kind of interview she’s ever done lol she always has the same croaky, non-interest tone and she carries it into every interview she does, I remember back when she and Rita Ora did Graham Norton and after the performance Charli was sat in the sofa looking like a moody teenager. I think it’s somewhat put on or a defence mechanism when she feels awkward but it always gives edgy “I think too cool for this” cousin in the corner at the family Xmas party vibes every time

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

what promo? Lol

I feel like she’s so over this era already. I thought someone said she signed another deal with Atlantic already? Maybe she is not so enthusiastic because she knows her contract is coming to an end and I doubt another major label will sign her.

she’s gonna be turning 30 next year. I feel like she’s going down the same path Iggy has been with going independent then going on hiatus after her first indie album bombs. 

delete this 

it feels like shes not feeling well this era idk, i mean the break up and probably thoughts about not doing numbers with the singles must be exhausting

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

remember that charli does not and will not care about charting anymore :party: she just confirmed in the crack magazine interview that this era is her trolling.

charli is VERY respected in the music industry and will only go up from here, she is a true artist 

I thought that it was clear she was trolling but I’ve been seeing so many people taking the “this is her mainstream era” thing so literal? She’s just making a polished pop album & wants it to have a bigger era, that’s literally all there is to it lol. Sure she probs wants it to be successful but it’s not like her number 1 goal with this album is chart success.. Same with the “RIP hyperpop” thing like she’s most likely gonna be making more experimental music again in the future, she just wanted to make a clean polished pop album this time.

qfrWuBl.png

The blatant ageism here is bizarre, 30 is very young. 

people begin careers at 30-you are all acting like she’s 70 years old, even still Blondies still at it. 
As far as her expressions, she’s British we don’t fake emotion or expression-she’s not rude she just DAF 

5 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

She's probably just exhausted from all the promotion she's been doing. That can explain her lack of energy. 

This, especially since she probably recorded a whole lot of meaningless promo that day for media outlets on youtube, etc.

8nl2OpX.png

imo these bland interviews are very reflective of her attitude towards the forced promo that record labels seem to put out when there's an album/promo cycle. Charli is working on what she wants to, but having to do these promo videos of 'artist reacts to X' and 'artist rates their top 10 X' for the record label would be very draining, and i'm not surprised that she doesn't give a fuck.

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

This, especially since she probably recorded a whole lot of meaningless promo that day for media outlets on youtube, etc.

she already recorded tons of stuff for "Crash" release. lots of videos for streaming platforms and etc. i can tell. 

3 hours ago, xcxangel said:

imo these bland interviews are very reflective of her attitude towards the forced promo that record labels seem to put out when there's an album/promo cycle. Charli is working on what she wants to, but having to do these promo videos of 'artist reacts to X' and 'artist rates their top 10 X' for the record label would be very draining, and i'm not surprised that she doesn't give a fuck.

this makes no sense... it's literally promo where she is being celebrated as an artist? like that's not draining at all lol maybe she's bored but like... im sorry she has to do a 5 minute video to promote her own album ??? 

Y’all don’t remember the videos of Charli saying “I’m the greatest pop star in this world, buy my album, it’s bomb” etc with NO emotion in her face/tone at all? Idk that’s just the typical “idgaf lol” Charli to me. :hooker:

9 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

gonna be turning 30 next year. I feel like she’s going down the same path Iggy has been with going independent then going on hiatus after her first indie album bombs. 

Gurl, get out of here with that energy. Her stanbase is LOYAL. Her connection to artists EVERYWHERE are often rooted in years of friendship. She will always be fine. She will ALWAYS be able to tour cause we show up!