Fluorine

Charli XCX

10 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

what promo? Lol

I feel like she’s so over this era already. I thought someone said she signed another deal with Atlantic already? Maybe she is not so enthusiastic because she knows her contract is coming to an end and I doubt another major label will sign her.

she’s gonna be turning 30 next year. I feel like she’s going down the same path Iggy has been with going independent then going on hiatus after her first indie album bombs. 

she’s done more promo than she’s done in quite a while so not sure what you’re on about? also as someone mentioned - i’m sure the breakup has taken a toll on her 

and lol. why wouldn’t another major label sign her? everyone in the industry knows she’s capable of making hits, especially for other artists. she’s profitable + she’s said before she doesn’t wanna go indie lol she likes a budget 

43 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

she’s literally always been like this lol thinking about the “wow thats amazingg 😐” when sophie anderson showed her her potato during em hifn livestreams

that moment had me so 😭 sophie was so excited about that damn potato and charli was just 😐😒

18 minutes ago, DaddyATRL said:

Gurl, get out of here with that energy. Her stanbase is LOYAL. Her connection to artists EVERYWHERE are often rooted in years of friendship. She will always be fine. She will ALWAYS be able to tour cause we show up! 

I love how pressed everyone gets just cause I mentioned her age lol I was comparing her to Iggy and how they seem to have similar situations. Their biggest hit song of both their careers was with each other. 

10 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

what promo? Lol

I feel like she’s so over this era already. I thought someone said she signed another deal with Atlantic already? Maybe she is not so enthusiastic because she knows her contract is coming to an end and I doubt another major label will sign her.

she’s gonna be turning 30 next year. I feel like she’s going down the same path Iggy has been with going independent then going on hiatus after her first indie album bombs. 

This take makes no sense lol Iggy hasn’t built the loyal fanbase / found her niche like Charli did. Iggy’s the type of artist that publicly gets annoyed when her album doesn’t chart high, Charli’s the type of artist that drops 2 non-commercial albums in a year labeling them as mixtapes so she can get them out quicker, a year after she drops an EP like Vroom Vroom. Very different types of artists. I also highly doubt Charli would ever wanna go independent. Being signed to a big label probs makes it easier to write songs for other artists, which she’s been successful at. It’s where the money’s at, she’s still cashing in those Señorita checks.

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, Lonely Planet said:

I love how pressed everyone gets just cause I mentioned her age lol I was comparing her to Iggy and how they seem to have similar situations. Their biggest hit song of both their careers was with each other. 

And? Look at Robyn. She's working her own label, releasing when she wants and collects COINS with merch and tours around the world.

That's the best blueprint for Charli I could imagine. 

Carly sort of did it and is SET for life. We'll always bop and support. Roisin Murphy doing her thing. Yasss, positive energy. Those are strong mature queens 😍

(and I mean mature in pop music years. I'm almost 32 and well aware that they aren't old!)

Imagine if Charlene did something like JoJo's Leaks, Covers & Mixtapes Tour, now that's a record breaking tour! MDNA Tour who? Rep Stadium Tour who? Charles would outsold them all :true:

2 hours ago, sxcx said:

okay random but did Bella Thorne actually record a demo of X-Ray Specs? like is there proof of that anywhere or was it just a rumor?

She’s registered as the performer on ASCAP. Idk much about Bella but I know she has a scrapped album from around that time so it was probably recorded for that.

16 minutes ago, Kurt said:

She’s registered as the performer on ASCAP. Idk much about Bella but I know she has a scrapped album from around that time so it was probably recorded for that.

Yep it makes sense for her to have recorded X-Ray Specs, since that's another Charli X Kool Kojak collaboration from 2010, like Boyfriend Material. I wonder if there's Bella Thorne versions of You Me and the Radio/Dynamite lol

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

40 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Yep it makes sense for her to have recorded X-Ray Specs, since that's another Charli X Kool Kojak collaboration from 2010, like Boyfriend Material. I wonder if there's Bella Thorne versions of You Me and the Radio/Dynamite lol

I’ve always loved the electro-pop tracks from that time :flutter: Angry All The Time and the demo of Diamonds also sound great with the songs you mentioned!

18 hours ago, blameitonme said:

remember that charli does not and will not care about charting anymore :party: she just confirmed in the crack magazine interview that this era is her trolling.

i just find it all very contradictory tbh... like one minute she's talking about the artistry that goes into pop music and how she wants to make a more "pure pop" album then the next minute apparently she's just trolling. everyone has been making a fuss about the lack of promo and budget from atlantic for her releases and she has voiced her frustration in not having the support or trust in her vision from her label, yet when she books promo gigs she puts so little effort into trying to come across as likeable. obviously members of her niche fanbase know she's incredibly smart and hilarious and charming and i can completely understand how reacting to corny covers for example may not feel like a productive use of her time but to me it just feels like a squandered opportunity. sometimes the interviewers or whoever just don't really respect her legendarity and do their research or give her much to work with but she's got an incredible personality and i'll never understand why she doesn't try harder to share that with wider audiences, especially within the context of her "main pop girl era." when i first heard that term used before crash was underway i was so pumped for her to maybe have the commercial success that we know she is capable of (see boom clap, fancy, i love it), and let's not kid ourselves and say she doesn't care about charting or sales/streams at all because good ones was sent to radio, she's booking late night tv peformances, she's doing these glamour/vogue youtube videos and the pandora contract, she's utilized her industry connections (as per her crack interview) for album production and she's given us cunt music videos with choreo and visuals; like she is putting in work and we can't assume it's all for nothing. atlantic is obviously optimistic about some level of success for the record otherwise they wouldn't be pouring money into it. i think it's smart for her not to get her hopes up too high for any commercial success so if and when it does come then it's a pleasant surprise, otherwise she may be setting herself and/or others up for disappointment and if she doesn't end up charting well then that's fine. but if she's just gonna half ass these promotional opportunities then why even bother, she should be really trying to sell it. like it's not just normies that may stumble across whatever interview she may do, her fans are interested in seeing her too. anyways i'm not trying to be negative, it's got to be so exhausting putting this all together especially with her relatively small team but i just want the best for her and am picking up on some untapped potential

54 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

i just find it all very contradictory tbh... like one minute she's talking about the artistry that goes into pop music and how she wants to make a more "pure pop" album then the next minute apparently she's just trolling. everyone has been making a fuss about the lack of promo and budget from atlantic for her releases and she has voiced her frustration in not having the support or trust in her vision from her label, yet when she books promo gigs she puts so little effort into trying to come across as likeable. obviously members of her niche fanbase know she's incredibly smart and hilarious and charming and i can completely understand how reacting to corny covers for example may not feel like a productive use of her time but to me it just feels like a squandered opportunity. sometimes the interviewers or whoever just don't really respect her legendarity and do their research or give her much to work with but she's got an incredible personality and i'll never understand why she doesn't try harder to share that with wider audiences, especially within the context of her "main pop girl era." when i first heard that term used before crash was underway i was so pumped for her to maybe have the commercial success that we know she is capable of (see boom clap, fancy, i love it), and let's not kid ourselves and say she doesn't care about charting or sales/streams at all because good ones was sent to radio, she's booking late night tv peformances, she's doing these glamour/vogue youtube videos and the pandora contract, she's utilized her industry connections (as per her crack interview) for album production and she's given us cunt music videos with choreo and visuals; like she is putting in work and we can't assume it's all for nothing. atlantic is obviously optimistic about some level of success for the record otherwise they wouldn't be pouring money into it. i think it's smart for her not to get her hopes up too high for any commercial success so if and when it does come then it's a pleasant surprise, otherwise she may be setting herself and/or others up for disappointment and if she doesn't end up charting well then that's fine. but if she's just gonna half ass these promotional opportunities then why even bother, she should be really trying to sell it. like it's not just normies that may stumble across whatever interview she may do, her fans are interested in seeing her too. anyways i'm not trying to be negative, it's got to be so exhausting putting this all together especially with her relatively small team but i just want the best for her and am picking up on some untapped potential

ma'am this is a wendy's

21 hours ago, blameitonme said:

i need charli to remember number 1 angel exists and perform a song on tour :read:

if she doesn’t do roll with me or anything from xcx world there will be blood spilt