Fluorine

Charli XCX

35 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

on the 2015/2016 version of xcx world i feel like vroom vroom was track 1 :flutter:

i feel like the earliest version of the album was the the vroom vroom ep + 8-10 other songs 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

9 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

and then they returned to the store because that tracklist is whack

9 hours ago, EXODUS said:

What the fuck did they do to the tracklist, omg. 

9 hours ago, the ocean said:

wait isn't that the "commonly accepted" tracklist that everyone was using a couple years ago with 100 tacked onto the end

like why is it terrible i'm slow :toofunny:

8 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

no...its an ugly tracklist...to start with, come to my party should not open the album

6 hours ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i've seen a lot of criticism on CTMP being an opener by several people on this thread, so don't mind me asking but where do y'all put it? like fr, i can't envision it being anywhere else in the tracklist. it's the perfect album opener for me and it sets the mood for track 2 (which we all know is BOUNCE :bored:)

Well, in my opinion, Come to My Party is an obvious opener because it invites you to her party world, like, the base of her aesthetics to the album... I don't give a f if it jumps directly into the lyrics. Who the hell cares. Girls Night Out has this intro everyone adores but I feel it fits better right after Charli called you to invite you to her party so you just get ready to get out with the girls and then Girls Night Out comes into the tracklist. Just me, but okay.

Besides, the songs flow in a good way like that - and I just added 100 as a bonus track because I felt if this album was released it would've had a lot of "territorial" bonus tracks, like one for Japan, one for German, one for Italy etc lol. My digital version has Offline as bonus, and I've also put either Focus, Boys or Miami as well.

Eek, but sorry for offending y'all with my choice for tracklist lol, it's truly not even the *worst* I've seen.

Let me just ask, have y'all seen Taxi as an opener? Bounce as an opener? Or people including songs from 2018-9 in it? (1999, Lucy Liu :biblio:) Taxi or Come to My Party as a closer? Now that's what I call a less cohesive (but not horrible, my god, subjective taste) tracklist.

:eek2:

@Motorcycle Love Divine it's true, it's a very obvious intro choice :true: I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

7 hours ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i've seen a lot of criticism on CTMP being an opener by several people on this thread, so don't mind me asking but where do y'all put it? like fr, i can't envision it being anywhere else in the tracklist. it's the perfect album opener for me and it sets the mood for track 2 (which we all know is BOUNCE :bored:)

01. Girls Night Out (ft Pete Tong)

02. Come To My Party

03. Hey Boy, Hey Girl (ft Will i am)

04. Good Girls

05. Taxi

06. Bounce (ft Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)

07. Down Like Woah

08. Waterfall

09. Boys

10. I Wanna Be With U

11. No Angel

12. Can You Hear Me?

13. After The Afterparty (ft Lil Yachty)

[yes i am aware queen lizzy and die 4 have been left out but srsly its a scrapped album, arrange it however u want!!!?]

16 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

[but srsly its a scrapped album, arrange it however u want!!!?]

no seriously :creep: like who cares 😭 

the songs are so cohesive you could arrange them randomly and it would STILL sound good 

anyways #team ctmp as track 1

CTMP is, to me, the perfect opener. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Not reading 9 lines? QUEEN I guess. :awk: 

----

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

its a scrapped album, arrange it however u want!!!?

50 minutes ago, brandon said:

no seriously :creep: like who cares 😭 

the songs are so cohesive you could arrange them randomly and it would STILL sound good 

anyways #team ctmp as track 1

48 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the correct opener is come to my party and girls night out is the correct track 2

after the afterparty is the only correct closer

the rest i don't think matters lmao

THESE 3. :gclap: :gurl: 

There were tens and tens of songs for these sessions, the combinations are infinite and we apparently still haven't had any real draft of the tracklist so :whatever2: 

11 hours ago, the ocean said:

wait isn't that the "commonly accepted" tracklist that everyone was using a couple years ago with 100 tacked onto the end

like why is it terrible i'm slow :toofunny:

That's the tracklist I use but having 100 there is travesty 

I love the song (the one that goes "why are you hurting me") but it just doesn't belong there 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

That's the tracklist I use but having 100 there is travesty 

I love the song (the one that goes "why are you hurting me") but it just doesn't belong there 

Ugh sorry, lol, I didn't clarify. I'm not using that one in the album lol. Mine is the 2015 one, "your love, your love, your love is taking me high". The other one (hurting me) was from either Pop 2 or Charli, I don't remember correctly.

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Ugh sorry, lol, I didn't clarify. I'm not using that one in the album lol. Mine is the 2015 one, "your love, your love, your love is taking me high". The other one (hurting me) was from either Pop 2 or Charli, I don't remember correctly.

Thanks for claryfing!