Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 hours ago, Lukeb said:

I could see Baby being played on the radio/streaming/becoming a TikTok. The problem with New Shapes is how it’s off beat and it’s too hard for the locals to casually follow. So I guess my point is, we’re getting the whole album in 2.5 months so I’m hoping for the best commercial success. 

no offence but we have been saying this for AGES and she has never received radio play whatsoever

the only song that became somewhat of a hit was out out, but that's it, none of her singles are ever going to be hits again so i don't understand why she keeps chasing after a hit... 

7 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

no offence but we have been saying this for AGES and she has never received radio play whatsoever

the only song that became somewhat of a hit was out out, but that's it, none of her singles are ever going to be hits again so i don't understand why she keeps chasing after a hit... 

I’ve heard Good Ones on the radio a few times on Radio One and I don’t listen to the radio much. We don’t really know what all of Baby sounds like so we don’t know how it will perform yet. There will never be a Boom Clap moment again though, I don’t see Charli chasing a hit but some commercial success is good. I want more people to experience her music. 

speaking as an american i’m really not surprised this topic came up sooner or later about the racism thing

and with the lack of really anything happening it was bound to happen because we make everything about ourselves :true:

also speaking of america what place is baby gonna chart on the billboard charts :ma:

Spoiler

yes i acknowledge how i made everything about myself in this post it was part of the point

also inb4 baby doesn’t chart at all :agree:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 1/4/2022 at 2:03 PM, Queen Lizzy said:

there's only 12 songs on crash with a running time of like 30-sumn minutes, i guarantee she'll do the whole album

honestly idk why people were so pissed about this last tour...the album is good af and even the lesser songs are absolute bops live so enjoy?? many artists only play a few songs from new albums and mostly oldies which i hate bc some sleeper songs/non-singles never get played live. i would be thrilled w her doing the whole album plus a mix of deeper cuts/fan favs making up the rest of the show. and honestly when i went to the charli tour she played several songs i didn't care about (boys & 1999, warm) and i have never had more fun shouting along and dancing anyhow– it's a win/win situation when charli is touring imo! :lanahairflip:

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

speaking as an american i’m really not surprised this topic came up sooner or later about the racism thing

and with the lack of really anything happening it was bound to happen because we make everything about ourselves :true:

also speaking of america what place is baby gonna chart on the billboard charts :ma:

Reveal hidden contents

yes i acknowledge how i made everything about myself in this post it was part of the point

also inb4 baby doesn’t chart at all :agree:

charli actually deleted the comments about caroline in her comment section today, so i guess she saw them 

26 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

honestly idk why people were so pissed about this last tour...the album is good af and even the lesser songs are absolute bops live so enjoy?? many artists only play a few songs from new albums and mostly oldies which i hate bc some sleeper fans/non-singles never get played live. i would be thrilled w her doing the whole album plus a mix of deeper cuts/fan favs making up the rest of the show. and honestly when i want to the charli tour she played several songs i didn't care about (boys & 1999, warm) and i have never had more fun shouting along and dancing anyhow– it's a win/win situation when charli is touring imo! :lanahairflip:

being completely honest charli could do an entire set of just i love it, fancy, boom clap & break the rules and it would be fun because of the energy. not saying i WANT that but just that it's gonna be good no matter what we get

2 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

? good ones is continuing to climb higher and higher on pop radio charts but okay, been in the top 40 for a few weeks now (in the US at least)

1 hour ago, rightofjupiter said:

honestly idk why people were so pissed about this last tour...the album is good af and even the lesser songs are absolute bops live so enjoy?? many artists only play a few songs from new albums and mostly oldies which i hate bc some sleeper songs/non-singles never get played live. i would be thrilled w her doing the whole album plus a mix of deeper cuts/fan favs making up the rest of the show. and honestly when i went to the charli tour she played several songs i didn't care about (boys & 1999, warm) and i have never had more fun shouting along and dancing anyhow– it's a win/win situation when charli is touring imo! :lanahairflip:

What was missing for me was GNO, No Angel and Pop2 tracks. Most people weren’t able to go to a Pop2 show, she had been performing GNO and NA at festivals and had NA merch. I enjoy listening to the live album now and I got to meet Charli, so I do have good memories of the tour. 

4 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

What was missing for me was GNO, No Angel and Pop2 tracks. Most people weren’t able to go to a Pop2 show, she had been performing GNO and NA at festivals and had NA merch. I enjoy listening to the live album now and I got to meet Charli, so I do have good memories of the tour. 

i feel that (i also love those songs & Pop@)– would be cool if she switched up the non-crash songs at least every other night so we could get a wider variety of tracks (including those, esp GNO).

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, brandon said:

? good ones is continuing to climb higher and higher on pop radio charts but okay, been in the top 40 for a few weeks now (in the US at least)

what charts? i looked her up on billboard and uk charts and good ones only reached the top 40 in the uk 

11 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

what charts? i looked her up on billboard and uk charts and good ones only reached the top 40 in the uk 

i think he's talking about like the mainstream top 40 & airplay charts not the main ones but i could be wrong

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

it’s currently at 35 on billboard’s pop airplay chart - the chart that strictly counts radio play numbers. when a song goes top 40 - this is the chart that refers to since pop radio is like, the most listened to format

(i’m assuming you looked at the hot 100?  billboard has a ton of diff charts that count diff things! for example, out out spent 2 weeks at number 1 on the dance airplay chart) 

!!

The problem with the Charli setlist was that Charli wasn’t a front to back party album like we kind of expect from a Charli concert so it felt a little odd with her performance ethos to do the entire thing with all the slower/atmospheric moments that don’t necessarily read CLUB PARTY SWEAT DANCE.  Also not acknowledging Pop2 much when she didn’t get the chance to tour it was a misstep IMO. I still had a blast at the show but it was a little disappointing to not hear some of the bangers I’d been waiting for. Maybe Crash will be different and if she does decide to perform it all it will translate a little better. Do think she needs to do some Pop2 tracks and GNO is a MUST. How she left that off of the Charli setlist I’ll never know.

20 minutes ago, Mariahspoolboy said:

Do think she needs to do some Pop2 tracks and GNO is a MUST. How she left that off of the Charli setlist I’ll never know.

I think she's going to be more sensitive with her SOPHIE collabs now. :'(

Wouldn't be surprised if all we got live was Vroom Vroom tbh. Or maybe she'll be more inclined to play GNO in tribute? Idk only time will tell.

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~