Fluorine

Charli XCX

26 minutes ago, its said:

waittt i've never heard of this demo/idea does anyone have anymore info on this? sounds like a fucking bop i just found it in a sophie googledrive but idk anything else

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15V6Jl4cvUP3kETsBOq_Ak1K1i-M3xMxo/view?usp=sharing

i think its from the XCX sessions. They delivered so much talent together

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Charli hasn’t cared about musicianship since sucker, musician wise she is lazy. 

7 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

she has no impact on any production choices on her records or the sound besides selecting who’s she thinks is best. 

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

From what I gather from her interviews post TR-she has a specific decade or producer in mind and writes over their production specifically. 

or in the case of some songs like good ones 2018 and up, she’ll add some verses of her own and hum the melody to her lyrics to see if they match.

y’all just be saying anything

all of your assumptions about Charli’s artistry and work are just so off-base and unfounded that i’m just gonna frown and shake my head and move on

I really don’t see why some of you are pressed over my comments but I’ll leave it at this-again I even clarified this was not related to the music but excuses at why she sometimes does not care about input. 

it is factual that people submit instrumentals for her to write over-she most definitely does try to find sonic similarities sub consciously and the overall sound is cohesive. This is all evidenced and documented. 

she does no longer strive for complete input. 

There are people on this specific section who jump onto the Sky Ferreira sec and call her a crackhead etc so….

46 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I really don’t see why some of you are pressed over my comments but I’ll leave it at this-again I even clarified this was not related to the music but excuses at why she sometimes does not care about input. 

it is factual that people submit instrumentals for her to write over-she most definitely does try to find sonic similarities sub consciously and the overall sound is cohesive. This is all evidenced and documented. 

she does no longer strive for complete input. 

There are people on this specific section who jump onto the Sky Ferreira sec and call her a crackhead etc so….

Trust me, this thread is full of the most ravenous/biased fans. Don't waste your time trying share your point of view since the response will always be the same :stareney:

12 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Charli hasn’t cared about musicianship since sucker, Love her but musician wise she is lazy. 

She used to produce her own demos and shit. 
she’ll make some excuse about how she’s really playing into the idea of manufactured pop stars and is in the point of her career where backing tracks played on a cassette add creativity. No bass players allowed 

saying she hasn't cared about musicianship since sucker is a lie, Pop 2/N1A are flawless pop records, regardless of how much input she had in those

also id rather something like this than something like marina who writes eventing herself and its crap 

1 hour ago, Charlottexseax said:

saying she hasn't cared about musicianship since sucker is a lie, Pop 2/N1A are flawless pop records, regardless of how much input she had in those

also id rather something like this than something like marina who writes eventing herself and its crap 

I’m not talking about the albums though, you are all misinterpreting what I mean-I’ll change the wording. 

Charli is an impactful melodist and songwriter, however she is NOT a producer or sound person and has not made any attempts to diversify her skill-set despite producing early demos. She is a highly intelligent individual and so I said I found it lazy. The same applies to her tour regime of cassette backing track and metal dancing with tune. 
Charli talks in interviews about women who are not recognised for their achievements and rightfully so, but I wonder why she cannot work towards expanding her skills in other areas like vocals, production. 

it would be nice if she could have some backing dancers and a band on tour-she has the money and time to tell a band the arrangements. 

7 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Charli talks in interviews about women who are not recognised for their achievements and rightfully so, but I wonder why she cannot work towards expanding her skills in other areas like vocals, production.

perhaps, consider this, she doesn’t care or want to?

not everyone has to be an overachiever 😭 

i, for one, think it’s super cool that she can use her major label/mainstream platform to help promote/give coin to up and coming producers instead of just doing it all herself

Charli has literally expanded her skillset so much lmao what are u talking about???

She’s directed music videos, managed a band, exec produced a netflix show featuring said band… 

Just because she’s not producing her own album by herself doesnt mean she is lazy. Don’t act like you were there in the studio witnessing her assumed lack of input regarding production. We get it, you havent loved charli’s music the same since Sucker. With all due respect, you don’t have to project your disappointment of her current sound onto her work ethic as a person. 

14417469274.gif

2 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Charli has literally expanded her skillset so much lmao what are u talking about???

She’s directed music videos, managed a band, exec produced a netflix show featuring said band… 

Those have nothing to do with being a musician tho

Like I couldn't care less about her managing a band that went nowhere, producing a low tier show or directing a MV

Just now, godsmonster said:

gays should gatekeep Vroom Vroom EP, just saying

its so good, Secret is prob my fav on it

i think we need to gatekeep true romance, number 1 angel & how i'm feeling now as well :true:

charli has and pop 2 is starting to get seized by the hipsters and sucker has been local territory for awhile

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif