Fluorine

Charli XCX

29 minutes ago, brandon said:

new shapes WAS a promo single - which is why it was 1. not sent to radio and 2. had a much much lower budget mvĀ 

also unpopular opinion but i actually like new shapes a lot as a single, itā€™s repetitive and catchy which is great (also the snl slot makes sense, most pre-album snl performances are lead+promo)

Ā 

good ones is still getting more play in the US (itā€™s already at a higher radio chart position than 1999 ever was here), iā€™m pretty sure SNL was the labels way of Majorly boosting it on radio but alasā€¦ postponedĀ 

It was not a promo single, you donā€™t push a promo single on snl dear.Ā 
Ā 

she should push baby as it sounds the best out of the singles along with good ones.Ā 
Ā 

begĀ for you may get some streams in the UK though because of garages resurgenceĀ 

34 minutes ago, brandon said:

new shapes WAS a promo single - which is why it was 1. not sent to radio and 2. had a much much lower budget mvĀ 

also unpopular opinion but i actually like new shapes a lot as a single, itā€™s repetitive and catchy which is great (also the snl slot makes sense, most pre-album snl performances are lead+promo)

Charli's a bit of a grey area when it comes to singles & promo singles. Her songs are barely ever sent toĀ radio, nothing from the entire HIFN campaign was pushed at radio. 1999 was the last one that got sent to US radio, BIOYL didn't even get an impact date. So the majority of her "official singles" don't even go to radio anyway.

Ā 

So the fact that New Shapes got an official music video & (cancelled) SNL performance slot gave it more promo than the majority of her previous singles from XCX3 & 4.Ā 

Ā 

I just feel that investment could've gone to another song.

Ā 

so the tracklist we got so far is:

Ā 

2. new shapes

3. good ones

5. beg for you [there's a track length for this placement on itunes and we all know beg for you is the next single so it's safe to assume]

6. move me

7. baby

8.Ā 

10. yuck

11. lavender

12. don't think twice

Ā 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

18 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

It was not a promo single, you donā€™t push a promo single on snl dear.Ā 
Ā 

she should push baby as it sounds the best out of the singles along with good ones.Ā 
Ā 

begĀ for you may get some streams in the UK though because of garages resurgenceĀ 

ArtistsĀ literally ALWAYS pushĀ a promo single on SNL? Like the other user said, the two performances are almost always an official single and a promo singleā€¦ and considering Good Ones was still bubbling under on radio at the time, itā€™s clear which song they were truly pushing.

1 minute ago, Kurt said:

ArtistsĀ literally ALWAYS pushĀ a promo single on SNL? Like the other user said, the two performances are almost always an official single and a promo singleā€¦ and considering Good Ones was still bubbling under on radio at the time, itā€™s clear which song they were truly pushing.

What? When.Ā 
Ā 

If they do, what a waste of time.Ā 
promo singles usually donā€™t have videos but whatever-it was never marketed as a promo release so you can keep the narrative.
Ā 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

What? When.Ā 
Ā 

If they do, what a waste of time.Ā 
promo singles usually donā€™t have videos but whatever-it was never marketed as a promo release so you can keep the narrative.
Ā 

Narrative? Damn ma is it THAT serious?

15 minutes ago, Monsef said:

Charli ripping Sweet Dreams with Good Ones and Cry For Me with Beg For You... SoĀ much for the future of pop sounding like she just discovered it.

And New Shapes has almost the exact same synth progression as California GurlsĀ has lol

25 minutes ago, Monsef said:

Charli ripping Sweet Dreams with Good Ones and Cry For Me with Beg For You... SoĀ much for the future of pop sounding like she just discovered it.

Ā 

i wouldn't say she's ripping it off per se but i do think she needs to give credit where it's due

Ā 

2 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

Shes literally an inventor

Ā 

hmm idk about her INVENTING... she IS a pioneer though and this isn't to say that she doesn't have a knack for predicting trends

Just now, nuclear angel said:

i wonder how did they got rights to sample literally the whole song

it's not that hard charli did basically the same thingĀ months ago with another hit song for out out lolĀ 

2 hours ago, godsmonster said:

i work retail and recently went to a different brand, and have heard Good Ones on each companyā€™s playlist for the stores

come to think of it, i have heard a ton of charli songs while working retail

Ā 

Claws

Emotional

ily2

Blame It On Your Love

Good Ones

Girls Night Out

Gone (?)

and i think Boys

Ā 

which surprisesĀ me cause Iā€™ve heard them plenty enough that i remember when they were on the playlist and for what company but i had NEVER realized it was Charli

negAbhB.png

50 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Ā 

i wouldn't say she's ripping it off per se but i do think she needs to give credit where it's due

Ā 

Ā 

hmm idk about her INVENTING... she IS a pioneer though and this isn't to say that she doesn't have a knack for predicting trends

she's frequently stated that she's a curator i mean look at super ultra. she also stole the beat for grins and got permission after.Ā 

Ā 

she was right, this is the most charli eraĀ 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

7 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

she's frequently stated that she's a curator i mean look at super ultra. she also stole the beat for grins and got permission after.Ā 

Ā 

she was right, this is the most charli eraĀ 

Ā 

yeah i completely agree with this and i wasn't mad about it to begin with

to some people sampling = ripping off which is just incorrect

but also i think to use the word inventing is also incorrect y'know

Ā 

20 minutes ago, nuclear angel said:

i wonder how did they got rights to sample literally the whole song

Ā 

i mean she's essentially covering it but with different lyrics

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

but also i think to use the word inventing is also incorrect y'know

girl i was being sarcastically delusional since it has to be clarified..

anyway this whole conversation is boring like why are you guys upset over a brand new song sounding similar to a song youve heard like twenty times all together in your life?