Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, Monsef said:

Charli ripping Sweet Dreams with Good Ones and Cry For Me with Beg For You... So much for the future of pop sounding like she just discovered it.

Lol it's Cry For You by the euro dance queen September 

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

What? When. 

If they do, what a waste of time. 
promo singles usually don’t have videos but whatever-it was never marketed as a promo release so you can keep the narrative.

Almost.. always 

usually artists only push one big single at a time - but obviously there’s two song slots on snl, so they’ll perform the big radio push single + the promo one, seems like a simple concept to me :deadbanana:

also?? 😭 artists don’t usually say “hey guys here’s a single, but only for promo so don’t expect much xx”, it’s just kinda understood that - oh another song right after the lead single, coinciding with the album preorder, with a low budget vid - it’s a promo single, to promote the album preorder

On 11/4/2021 at 9:25 PM, VegaXCX said:

Those snippets are everything. The Ariel track will definitely be one of my favorites. I’m being openly delusional and hoping for this to be a visual album. With the length being so short, I feel it could be a whole moment to truly sell the “I’m a sell out pop star and this is my story.”

Well, that snippet came out of left field for me. Ngl, C4U used to be my JAM. I feel like aside from the timing of everything, this era is going to be my favorite. Also, still hoping for this to be true lol

i’m so hyped for this, the drop feels a little bit bare but i’m feeling that’s bc it’s the first chorus and they’ll add more elements each time the chorus comes back around

6 hours ago, brandon said:

Almost.. always 

usually artists only push one big single at a time - but obviously there’s two song slots on snl, so they’ll perform the big radio push single + the promo one, seems like a simple concept to me :deadbanana:

also?? 😭 artists don’t usually say “hey guys here’s a single, but only for promo so don’t expect much xx”, it’s just kinda understood that - oh another song right after the lead single, coinciding with the album preorder, with a low budget vid - it’s a promo single, to promote the album preorder

Promos are to promote the album though-usually they coincide this with a release bundle and such for the album like liability by Lorde etc. 

Most artists just push both of their normal singles on Snl-Charli did this with break the rules and boom clap, neither were promo singles .

To put so much effort into a promo single would not be useful.

7 hours ago, brandon said:

Almost.. always 

but what about

:hooker:

giphy.gif

I think it’s cute that she flipped the subject material into the opposite situation. I honestly don’t think they’re all THAT similar. I love the garage influence but I prefer the drop in CFY. Could definitely make some noise on UK radio for the throwback sound, very nostalgic

its only been a day and … OH NO DONT YOU LEAVE ME THIS WAYYYYYYYYYYY WONT YPU WAIT ANOTHER HOUR OR TWOOOO

12 hours ago, nuclear angel said:

i wonder how did they got rights to sample literally the whole song

charli is the queen of samples. isnt You (Ha Ha Ha) a “sample” but its literally just someone elses song :toofunny:

don’t forget how moments in love is literally the unedited version of moments in love by art of noise just with her vocals over it

still love it though tbh she could plagiarize an entire artist’s body of work and i’d still listen

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

23 minutes ago, Sierra Madre said:

Tik Tok UK have tweeted that it's dropping exclusively on Tik Tok today??

i have a feeling they’re probably just talking about the snippet and tweeted about it super late for whatever reason

i’d love to be proven wrong tho