Fluorine

Charli XCX

don't you leave me this way / you'll never see me again

won't you wait another hour or two? / so now who's gonna cry for you?

you know i need you to stay / you'll never see me again

don't make me beg for you / no matter what you do

charles' mind on how beg for you's lyrics almost mirror cry for you's lyrics not just in the theme but it almost seems like a conversation

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I’m really confused about how this era links together tbh: 

we have 1960s bouffants, leather soft goth like Trent Reznor and synths. 

Then she said the album will be demonic sex songs-but the next single is a 2000s euro dance/garage track? 

I wonder if there’s a transition between beg for you and something else 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, wildstar said:

It does't really matter cause she's sampling the September sample/version specifically lol

I'm aware, but my point is that people are talking about how Charli sampled Cry for You but aren't acknowledging the fact that Cry for You also sampled/copied that melody, it isn't an original song either. 

29 minutes ago, charli bby said:

Just realised that neither Charli or Rina have mentioned the release date yet… inch resting 

true, but also, she announced New Shapes two days before actually releasing it sooo

the charli hate train is ridiculous. people acting like they’ve never heard an interpolation on the radio before. when Rihanna did Wild Thoughts i didnt hear anyone complaining people thought that was an entirely new song so its like come on now

4 hours ago, andruexcx said:

the charli hate train is ridiculous. people acting like they’ve never heard an interpolation on the radio before. when Rihanna did Wild Thoughts i didnt hear anyone complaining people thought that was an entirely new song so its like come on now

Considering this won't be touched by radio in the U.S. the only people complaining are internet gays who stan Ava Max despite her entire career and persona being derivative of other artists.

BzhmW.png

9 minutes ago, drewby said:

Considering this won't be touched by radio in the U.S. the only people complaining are internet gays who stan Ava Max despite her entire career and persona being derivative of other artists.

Maybe Baby will be more for the US audience closer to the album release, this is a European track but Rina’s career hasn’t exactly been mainstream much in the UK. I think it will happen though with her next album and acting projects.