Fluorine

Charli XCX

I still think N1A's XCX3 and Pop 2's XCX4 making CRASH XCX7. Calling CRASH XCX5 makes no sense to me like sure N1A and Pop 2 were released as mixtapes but Charli herself said they're basically albums only released as "mixtapes" to get them out quicker without all the label mess. Pop 2 an album idc idc! It's an album. So is N1A. 2 very excellent albums. I never got why people make a distinction between N1A/Pop 2 and the rest of her "official" albums. Like, how is HIFN an album but isn't Pop 2 one like pls if she had the freedom and type of fanbase she had while making HIFN Pop 2 would've been released as an album. She literally just used the word "mixtape" so she could get those albums out like it's just a word and it holds No meaning. Sure they didn't get any music videos or whatever but did em warehouse Charli era videos really make a difference? And u could make the argument that that makes her pre TR mixtapes albums too, but those were clearly mixtapes released as mixtapes intended to be mixtapes, very different! This is the hill I will die on. U can tell me I'm wrong but idc I disagree look at the facts AND the evidence.

qfrWuBl.png

39 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I still think N1A's XCX3 and Pop 2's XCX4 making CRASH XCX7. Calling CRASH XCX5 makes no sense to me like sure N1A and Pop 2 were released as mixtapes but Charli herself said they're basically albums only released as "mixtapes" to get them out quicker without all the label mess. Pop 2 an album idc idc! It's an album. So is N1A. 2 very excellent albums. I never got why people make a distinction between N1A/Pop 2 and the rest of her "official" albums. Like, how is HIFN an album but isn't Pop 2 one like pls if she had the freedom and type of fanbase she had while making HIFN Pop 2 would've been released as an album. She literally just used the word "mixtape" so she could get those albums out like it's just a word and it holds No meaning. Sure they didn't get any music videos or whatever but did em warehouse Charli era videos really make a difference? And u could make the argument that that makes her pre TR mixtapes albums too, but those were clearly mixtapes released as mixtapes intended to be mixtapes, very different! This is the hill I will die on. U can tell me I'm wrong but idc I disagree look at the facts AND the evidence.

i completely agree with the fact that n1a and pop2 are basically albums and should be treated as albums but i also don't like hifn shade either :hairflip:

all 3 are albums and are worthy of being albums

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

52 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I agree with you, but I think it’s just based off technicalities with the label and release strategies really. Like yes, we all think of them as albums but I guess just ‘officially’ they are mixtapes 

14 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i completely agree with the fact that n1a and pop2 are basically albums and should be treated as albums but i also don't like hifn shade either :hairflip:

all 3 are albums and are worthy of being albums

that wasn't HIFN shade lol i love HIFN. the point i was making was that HIFN was in no way a whole big budget era. An album like HIFN wouldn't have been released as an album in the way it was released if Charli was in the same position she was in in 2017. 

4 minutes ago, no1angel said:

I agree with you, but I think it’s just based off technicalities with the label and release strategies really. Like yes, we all think of them as albums but I guess just ‘officially’ they are mixtapes 

that's why i think it's dumb that a lot of people don't see them as albums. those 2 being "mixtapes" is fully based on technicalities.

qfrWuBl.png

The only time I call an album XCX*number* is XCX3 and it's the scrapped 2016-2018 era album cause we spent three years calling that album XCX3 before it (kind of) got officially scrapped and replaced by Charli

For her other projects it got way too complicated and I just refer to them with their name or say her next album

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Charli mostly funded N1A & Pop 2 herself, the label did no marketing and/or music videos for it because it was, what charli called, a “mixtape”. That’s how she was able to release the projects when her label was doubtful of the PC music/hyperpop style she was trying to create.

But looking at the structures of both projects, those are albums.

4 hours ago, Lukeb said:

Maybe Baby will be more for the US audience closer to the album release, this is a European track but Rina’s career hasn’t exactly been mainstream much in the UK. I think it will happen though with her next album and acting projects. 

yeah this is what i’m thinking, good ones is just starting to do well here so another US single right now wouldn’t make any sense (also beg for you doesn’t sound like it would do well here lmaoo)

however! baby sounds perfect for us radio so :usrs:

6 hours ago, joejoejoejoey said:

Taxi is so fucking good :hooker:

4 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

:beyonce: This was meant for the gays and she knew that

taxi for THEM taxi for HIM taxi for HER don't talk GET IN

let's call YOU a TAXI

1ac6JWv.gif

2 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

This is literally her “sell out album” era, what’s more sell out than interpolating another track?

what’s not clicking girlies? 😭😭😭

retweet FxCFtDp.gifwygnLpk.gif

edit: this is reminding me when eclipse said that fans were begging for a sell-out era but once charli actually started to sell out fans would riot... @111 i see no lies told FxCFtDp.gif

1 hour ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Charli: carefully and creatively crafting an album with a more mainstream appeal that has the aesthetic of selling out after her fans told her to do that

The fans: :whoopi:

Maybe it’s the clash between the aesthetics and the sound though, like her aesthetic is giving me Pop Nine Inch Nails or goth pop. 

I’d say good ones fits her look, New shapes and Beg for you not so much. 

It would be more interesting if after this album-she continued with the look onto slightly more experimental, darker music.

the thing is her take on mainstream pop is so good though? it still has these iconic charli-isms so yes AOTY is coming stfu and eat the cake f*****!