Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, junho1015 said:

Am I the only one thankful sweat didn't make the album? It was cute but weak. 

I am so excited to hear the new single in a couple of days 😍 

honestly kinda shocked by how many people want  it. i kinda h*te it 

11 hours ago, EXODUS said:

BZ just shared new tea about the album:

Reveal hidden contents

She is not selling out, CRASH is Charli's tribute to decades of dance pop music and all forms it took in the mainstream through the years. She is openly letting in influences from every generation is it 90s' house, 00s eurodance or currently popular nu-disco revival, to create full palette of sounds that shaped the genre she is expanding herself today. If it hasn't become clear with the 3 pre-release singles, it will as soon as the opening track, Crash, kicks in. Don't be fooled by its aggressive snippet, It's such a spacious retro synthpop banger that sounds exactly like one of those Initial Talk remixes recreating italo-disco craze in European pop music of the 80s. It's funny how the Future Nostalgia jokes have been thrown since she showed us the album cover, but these two could really stand next to each other on some grounds! Yuck for example is a sugary-sweet disco leaning bop that would find its place right next to Doja's Say So or most notable Kim Petras singles (looks like you CAN make this sound work perfectly without a need of a rapist on board!). She really wastes no time on this big throwback party, but there is one song that slows things down - AG Cook and OPN produced Every Rule, beautiful nostalgic ballad carried by just one simple synth riff. The biggest highlight for me tho is probably the beloved snippet that turned out to be Constant Repeat, but just like Every Rule it's more of casual Charli sound we've heard before, maybe that's also why I love it. Wish Twice  would join this trio, but sadly this one turned out to be pretty disappointing. The live version made it sound like some everchanging Track 10-like outro to the album, but it's way too short and too flat for that effect.

On paper this sounds like a dream record from an artist like Charli and maybe it really is one, I can see a lot of fans being in love with it, even those who are not fully sold on the singles yet as (imo) they remain the least exciting moments of Crash. As for myself I can't help but feel pretty unsatisfied with this project as a whole. Her songwriting became visibly so lazy it's just annoying sometimes, cause I know a lot of these songs could be so much more if she tried harder. Most of the greatness here is carried by the detailed production and not by catchy melodies or fun hooks. Beg For You definitely suffers from having boring drop instead of prominent chorus while Baby, even though very addictive, feels like an endless repetition of same two lines - this will ultimately lead to both songs getting tired quickly. Lightning on the other hands is such a creative, progressive track with different styles clashing into another big banger, but I know damn well it's all Ariel's magic and the song would be just as great without Charli on it. Let me not even start on how short some of the tracks are and how they follow the most simple Verse - Chorus - Verse - Chorus structure without any interesting additions, not even a bridge. I still think it's a good album that will snatch wigs from hordes of gays, but it doesn't tick all the boxes. 

PS. The single covers represent this record much more than the album cover. Still glad she went with it tho, cause it's amazing, probably her best  :clap3:

This makes me even more excited!
This seems to be the album tracklist with the final titles:

1. Crash - 2:10 
2. New Shapes (feat. Christine and the Queens & Caroline Polachek) - 3:21
3. Good Ones - 2:17
4. Constant Repeat - 3:09 
5. Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama) - 2:48
6. Move Me - 2:27
7. Baby - 2:40
8. Lightning - 3:57
9. Every Rule - 3:02 
10. Yuck - 2:18 
11. Lavender - 2:28
12. Twice - 3:14

This doesn’t sound positive at all but it’s what I’ve said for awhile now, her melodies and hooks aren’t as well though out. Hoping Boz is wrong on some accounts and the album surprises me, I genuinely don’t believe it is purely a dance record-she’s mentioned a lot of New Jack artists so we’ll see.

EDIT: in hindsight New Jack Swing is just dance pop mixed with hip hop.

The description makes me extremely excited for the album but also mad that it's so short... how are 7 songs out of 12 under 3 minutes and half of them are under 2:30...

6 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

remember when charli did bricks for assassination nation and didnt release it til literally everyone forgot about it

no bricks was released im pretty sure? if you're talking about the song that goes im stacking bricks with my clique it was released i listened to it on spotify i remember listening to it on spotify in 2019 during a road trip lol

1 minute ago, Charlottexseax said:

The description makes me extremely excited for the album but also mad that it's so short... how are 7 songs out of 12 under 3 minutes and half of them are under 2:30...

no bricks was released im pretty sure? if you're talking about the song that goes im stacking bricks with my clique it was released i listened to it on spotify i remember listening to it on spotify in 2019 during a road trip lol

they mean that she did release the song but not till wayyyy after the movie & soundtrack were released

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I wish I was able to get into her music more and understand the hype. I got into her with her first album True Romance back in 2013, but I didn’t follow after that and now anytime I try to listen to her new music, it just doesn’t click with me. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

37 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

they mean that she did release the song but not till wayyyy after the movie & soundtrack were released

OHH yeah that's true I forgot abt it because in stan years it was so long ago I can't even distinguish the years 

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I wish I was able to get into her music more and understand the hype. I got into her with her first album True Romance back in 2013, but I didn’t follow after that and now anytime I try to listen to her new music, it just doesn’t click with me. 

okay and?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1