Fluorine

Charli XCX

58 minutes ago, loveinstereo said:

Two things weirding me out about all the leak discussions

1: Every Rule couldn’t sound less like Julee Cruise. Much more uptempo, the synths sound like classic AG, very little reverb, more hooky than dreamy & languid. Enough with the comparison

2. Stop saying Yuck is a diss track. Lyrics depict a guy that likes her so much that it weirds her out. That’s not a drag. What part of that is so damning? Charli follows Huck on socials, he doesn’t follow her. She clearly has no problem with him. So why are people hoping she drags him on the deluxe? It’s weird. If she still has positive feelings for him, why tf would she do that? Stop it, let’s celebrate the fact she’s being mature & not doing what you all apparently want her to do

Agree with all this except the Julee Cruise thing. I’m a huge Twin Peaks fan, and literally 5 seconds in and it immediately made me think of the show’s intro lmao. No one is making the comparison a bad thing though. It’s not that deep. I like that it sounds like that :true:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i know people are probably sick of me saying this… but constant repeat + lightning

wendy-williams-dancing.gif

Currently listening to constant repeat in a bass boosted car and it is THEE ultimate experience omg. I also recommend that anyone who doesn’t like beg for you should listen to it in a bass boosted car. Game changer :true:

i'm kinda shocked to see that some of you don't like Beg For You lol
it was the only song that i heard when i was outside of the forum that i expected you all to love it, especially for the sample and the Rina vocals

1 minute ago, alan said:

it was the only song that i heard when i was outside of the forum that i expected you all to love it, especially for the sample and the Rina vocals

The lack of taste on this forum is always a surprise 

15 minutes ago, Whoopiedoo said:

Is it true that one of the songs samples Ray of Light?

no :true:

6 minutes ago, alan said:

the idea in theory is absolutely excellent and it just sounds so underbaked - and it's such a waste of a rina feature because i know rina can absolutely slay

the song just sounds a bit neutered and it's the most "sell-out" on the entire album 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

17 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the idea in theory is absolutely excellent and it just sounds so underbaked - and it's such a waste of a rina feature because i know rina can absolutely slay

the song just sounds a bit neutered and it's the most "sell-out" on the entire album 

with that being said... perhaps she's the perfect song for this era

https://media.tenor.com/images/15c86258c530f88f6d752456f98b4450/tenor.gif

Honestly I feel like Charli did herself a disservice marketing this as a “sell-out” album. It makes it sound soulless when it’s anything but. Only beg for you, used to know me, and good ones really have that vibe. :true:

1 minute ago, xcx said:

Honestly I feel like Charli did herself a disservice marketing this as a “sell-out” album. It makes it sound soulless when it’s anything but. Only beg for you, used to know me, and good ones really have that vibe. :true:

i don't see it as a negative remark about the album, but i see that some angels didn't catch the vibe. this sounds more like the ultrapop sound she wants to go rather than some generic pop sound she would do
it's not like we listen to an eurodance song like Beg For You being shaped into the mainstream radar everyday, it's really unique and a big Charli-thing to do

9 minutes ago, alan said:

i don't see it as a negative remark about the album, but i see that some angels didn't catch the vibe. this sounds more like the ultrapop sound she wants to go rather than some generic pop sound she would do
it's not like we listen to an eurodance song like Beg For You being shaped into the mainstream radar everyday, it's really unique and a big Charli-thing to do

I don’t really see it as a negative remark either. It’s just that it seems to have given a lot of her fans (outside this forum) complexes about it. But the gag is those people all love XCX World and this is very comparable to it :true:

Spoiler

the songs everyone said were good (crash, constant repeat, yuck) werent hitting for me... maybe i need to wait for another day or higher quality :yawn:

with that being said i absolutely love BFY, lightning, and UTKM, MM was cute but she was just missing something to her, every rule also felt empty

the rest of the songs i forgot what they sounded like or bored me

im definitely gonna relisten another day though so this isnt my final opinion