Fluorine

Charli XCX

Caved and listened to the leak yesterday and thought it was good but also felt a little let down as some of the songs felt like they never quite got to that huge moment., I re-listened today with fresh ears and it clicked for me and like front to back the album is soooooooo solid. I know a lot of her fans are upset that she's not going to continue making the same songs with AG over and over and over again, but like just because the album isn't what you wanted from her does not make it bad. Its an extremely fresh take on todays pop landscape and at it's core is just a load of fun, so I get why that would be really hard for some of her shut in stans to enjoy.

Used to Know Me is soooooo fun and has massive hit potential for an early summer/post-COVID wave hit. I'm happy @Dima said its a label favorite, I hope they push it as a single a week or two after the album drops (i dont want the album drop to overshadow the single release).

4 minutes ago, alan said:

the producers in the room right after Charli wrote "Do you realize I could've been the one to change your life? You could've had a bad girl by your side''

The recording academy hearing the "i used to be your angel, now im walking out the door" line in Used to Know Me when it's up for both SOTY & ROTY

I would never cheat on someone but I do love a good song about cheating :true:

Every Rule slaps :true:

Spoiler

I do think it would be better though if the vocals in the “ahh” part after the chorus weren’t so filtered and processed

I'm interested as to whether she's putting out the deluxe so we get some more of the original material from the "Janet" album that she had started creating pre-covid.

Or whether it'll be newly recorded material that has been created once the standard album was submitted for pressing.

I'd love to know if any of the songs on the standard album are from the initial sessions, pre "how I'm feeling now".

I’m on my first listen through of the full album (wasn’t including the first 3 singles before). I’ve just got to new shapes from crash and wow it goes off so hard. It’s straight up ear candy with lyrics that HIT. V underrated.

It’s like Out of my head all over again. :rollin:

5 hours ago, suckerpunch said:

used to know me samples show me love by robin s 

and beg for you sample is cry for you - september

Baby samples Babylon - Lady Gaga? 🧐

1 hour ago, xcxworId said:

why is everyone on twitter so mean to her

X6jIJa8.png

She's been getting mocked a lot by Twitter after she responded to that stan when Baby came out. The guy who she responded to in the original tweets still posts about her daily. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕