Fluorine

Charli XCX

8 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

She would play her own cling clang remixes on her live shows and we would eat these LQ recordings up :crai:

the gays in hell (but the vip section where everyone is chill) are bopping to sophie’s set right now :sluttybunny:

Spoiler

i’m not religious btw lmao :nails:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

OMG thank you so much!!!!

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Now Imma have an amazing weekend making some extended edits :brows: @the ocean @godsmonster @BlackTulip74 ready for Lightning (6 Minute Version)? :gurl: 

I'll try to extend all of the terribly short songs into 3-4 mins., but those that already are around that length could possibly be longer :true: 

Pleaseeeeeeee we need CRASH (extended version) pls alert us of the .zip when you’re finished 💖

5-EAF829-B-1-F87-43-C3-A34-A-C196028-AD9

11 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

OMG thank you so much!!!!

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Now Imma have an amazing weekend making some extended edits :brows: @the ocean @godsmonster @BlackTulip74 ready for Lightning (6 Minute Version)? :gurl: 

I'll try to extend all of the terribly short songs into 3-4 mins., but those that already are around that length could possibly be longer :true: 

also the dolby atmos stems are also available if that helps you become even more creative

also i kinda wanna try and make my own versions too but they obviously won’t compare to yours so :sass: 

edit: if you are gonna use them then use the eac-3 files since those have the individual dolby tracks

1 minute ago, miamigardenclub said:

@Dimasorry if this sounds greedy but can we have the acapellas too? i'd really like to try to make extended edits of the tracks

you asked not me :true:

Spoiler

this translates to : i also want them i just don’t wanna keep begging our generous queen for stuff cause i’m already grateful for what we’ve gotten so far

5 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

@Dimasorry if this sounds greedy but can we have the acapellas too? i'd really like to try to make extended edits of the tracks

YASSSS!!! ACAPELLAS THATS MY DREAM TOO!!!

HER VOICE IN LIGHTNING INSANELY GOOD

edit: her voice insanely good in every song, oops

xoxo, monsterxcx!

got the key can you unlock it?

2 hours ago, vrtvie said:

At the moment I can say that it is an enjoyable commercial pop record, but rather far from her goth electropop known from the first album, let alone her colleagues' pop aims (Born to Die, Electra Heart and the like). Don't know why she kept comparing it to True Romance. It feels at times like something Ariana Grande or Katy Perry could've released, apart from those revisits to sounds from earlier decades, but isn't it a trend these days, hasn't Dua Lipa done the same? I've no idea what for this soulless sellout persona was even created to begin with, 'cause there's no story in it at all, and an excuse to make this record was not needed too 'cause I don't feel there's much of a difference between this and what she has previously worked on, to be honest. Maybe something refreshing like disco tits or I Love It in the tracklist would have helped.

All in all, it's an okay record with some catchy hits, though lyrically, well... but I'm happy seeing you enjoying it, just speaking from the perspective of someone who's admired every second of her first album, don't get me wrong, . :wave2:

highlights: good ones (instant love forever), new shapes (grower, and this angelic voice of Caroline's is to die for)

also: baby and yuck (simply catchy), lightning (nice 80s vibes)

I don’t see any comparison to Katy Perry nor Dua. 

it’s funny you say this because move me could of been fit directly on lust for life. 

lightning is a mix of Freestyle with aspects of the TR dark wave  moments. 

I agree with the Lyricsm though-but that applies to every album after sucker-it became less metaphorical and more straight to the point.

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

first interview ive watched of hers and it made me tear up twice hahaha; now i want to listen to her discography 

are you about to crash? :ma:

i'd recommend starting with number 1 angel if you're new to her discography

if you like the pc music / sophie tracks then i'd recommend vroom vroom + most of her unreleased stuff

if you like the slower trippy tracks then i'd recommend pop 2 + charli + how i'm feeling now

if you like the more mainstream tracks then i'd recommend sucker + the new album crash available to stream now

and then there's also true romance + the complimentary mixtapes that are also very good and have a more tumblr / witchy sound

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

and then there's also true romance + the complimentary mixtapes that are also very good and have a more tumblr / witchy sound

I think you should start with true romance tbh!! Considering it's her debut

Just now, alienprincess said:

I think you should start with true romance tbh!! Considering it's her debut

true romance was my favorite charli album (before crash :lmaoney:) but it's not necessarily representative of her discography

BUT @TRENCH if you love that family jewels marina / grimes visions tumblr sound then i could not recommend it enough

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

@TRENCH all the replies can be overwhelming cus everyone prefers a diff charli album, but its true that she has a sound for everyone! If i was gonna give my two cents i would say start off with True Romance, and then go immediately to Vroom Vroom. Its the fastest way to gauge the range of her sound and also gives you the sharpest taste of her attitude as an artist :party::wub: Let us know ur thoughts!!

i think the only thing "crash" & "future nostalgia" have in common is that they were both able to take a familiar sound but also make it their own. I think there's a big difference in being influenced by something over just copying and pasting. I don't think theres anything wrong with being inspired with the past especially with how far technology has come in music. On top of that,A LOT of charli's music from the past has big 80's vibes so its not completely left field of her either. I'm genuinely proud of her she did a really good job. 

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

gotta love the middle eastern versions where they edit out the entire person (or) edit it to where there's absolutely nothing exposed

edit: jokes aside though this is a pretty good crash b-sides cover :true:

and it's official!

no cuz they’re always so hilariously edited too