Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

guys the middle eastern cover just dropped!!!111!1111!11111!!!!11!

CpZfZbT.jpg

This scared me for a second lol. I thought those were caterpillars. The image really looks like something your therapist would show you in a session and say "what do you see here?" 😭😭😭

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

are you about to crash? :ma:

i'd recommend starting with number 1 angel if you're new to her discography

if you like the pc music / sophie tracks then i'd recommend vroom vroom + most of her unreleased stuff

if you like the slower trippy tracks then i'd recommend pop 2 + charli + how i'm feeling now

if you like the more mainstream tracks then i'd recommend sucker + the new album crash available to stream now

and then there's also true romance + the complimentary mixtapes that are also very good and have a more tumblr / witchy sound

6 minutes ago, alienprincess said:

I think you should start with true romance tbh!! Considering it's her debut

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

true romance was my favorite charli album (before crash :lmaoney:) but it's not necessarily representative of her discography

BUT @TRENCH if you love that family jewels marina / grimes visions tumblr sound then i could not recommend it enough

i actually tried to get into her when she dropped vroom vroom but I've only listened to sucker and VV in full (and a bit of Charli). I think itll be easier just to go in order. thank you for the suggestions :bop:

can we take some time to appreciate the king, the legend, the master of sound, big mixer and engineer Geoff Swan?
for those who don't know, he's the reason why Charli's stuff is always great for us to listen. ISTG i can't imagine someone better than him in mixing all of the landscapes that Charli inserts in her discography. a true legend <3

26 minutes ago, alan said:

can we take some time to appreciate the king, the legend, the master of sound, big mixer and engineer Geoff Swan?
for those who don't know, he's the reason why Charli's stuff is always great for us to listen. ISTG i can't imagine someone better than him in mixing all of the landscapes that Charli inserts in her discography. a true legend <3

Is the mixing why her songs are good though? I think it’s mostly Charles melodies and the producers input that does the work. 

Geoff doesn’t have enough dynamic range-the Lightning strike in Lightning should have been a bit louder.