6. move me

7. baby

8. lightning

9. selfish girl

10. yuck

11. how can i not know what i need right now

12. used to know me

13. twice

14. every rule (target + japanese bonus track)

15. just one touch (target + japanese bonus track)

16. beg for you (ag cook remix) (japanese bonus track)

edit: btw i still think the standard album is superior but it's fun making playlists

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

this is my revamped tracklist :nails:

1. crash

2. new shapes

3. good ones

4. constant repeat

5. sorry if i hurt you

6. move me

7. baby

8. lightning

9. selfish girl

10. yuck

11. how can i not know what i need right now

12. used to know me

13. twice

14. every rule (target + japanese bonus track)

15. just one touch (target + japanese bonus track)

16. beg for you (ag cook remix) (japanese bonus track)

edit: btw i still think the standard album is superior but it's fun making playlists

Spoiler

17. sweat

this is what im using:

01 Crash

02 New Shapes
03 Good Ones

04 Constant Repeat

05 Beg For You

06 Baby

07 Selfish Girl

08 Move Me

09 Lightning
10 Sorry If I Hurt You
11 Every Rule

12 What You Think About Me

13 Yuck

14 Touch

15 How Can I Not Know What I Need Right Now

16 Twice

i liked used ot know i feel ike its just a lot lazier than the rest of the album if that makes sense, it stands out in an odd way imo 

xMcVPI7.jpg

okay soooo… been a long time lurker here since the xcxworld leaks back in the day and finally made and account lmaoooo…

anyway i just wanna put my input in -

the way charli talked about what this album was going to be (literally charlis version of pop) and the vibe i truly think she ate that shit uppp, hard!!! 10/10 album. Best since true romance imo.

i love her pots and pans alt music so much too but like….. this album ateeeeee especially because we didn’t get the first quote on quote full “pop” era, xcx world, this album just gives me everything i’ve ever wanted for her in the GP pop realm. It’s charlis version of pop though and that to me is so sick how she is giving me my spice girls britney gaga whatever pop icon you have.. fantasy. 

anyway album is 10/10

* some stand outs *

YUCK - heard in like october last year and it was the demo that leaked before the album and i was instantly in love. first listen to the new version i was like ummmmm it lost its cute lovey dovey charm. after listening to the album version a few more time i am truly i loveeeee!!! giving me screaming sucker era. her moody attitude really shows on this track and it gives me hella nostalgia

*also didn’t think anyone has caught this yet.. but when charli says “don’t wait up for me” it’s definitely an interpolation of Janet Jackson’s - Doesn’t Really Matter* 

USED TO KNOW ME - People need to clean them ear and give this song the love it deserves. so many pop songs are just samples of old music. i watched a review of this album and the guy said it’s hard to form emotional connections to songs you have prior emotional connections too and i completely agree. Used to know me is special because 1. it’s a fucking BANGER and she sounds like a hypnotizing demon angel baby. The best part is that even the the sound heavily relies on the sample her vocals SHINE through and i already have an emotional connection with this one. (also i am a house head and i can 100% say that i will def hear djs dropping this or their remix’s to this during shows) (diplo remix plz??)

edit: (adding more)

Any single pop artist could have taken this song and done this. But it’s literally the sell out eta. Almost all pop stars have taken samples of club bangers or what not and have transformed them into new songs to love. This is THE one though. This is going to be summer anthem i’m telling everyoneeeeee. Wait until the video. Charli said 9 looks and i’m kinda hoping for a Spice Girls Who Do You Think You Are inspired video…

CONSTANT REPEAT - flawless. i’ve never heard anything like it. Love that there is no drop and it just continues. flawless 10/1000000

LIGHTENING - I have no words. The bridge guitar is giving me spice girls vibes. They would always includes instrumental in their songs and lightening gives me life with it. 

CRASH - it’s funny that lightening gives everyone TR vibes cuz i actually think the verses in crash give me more true romance vibes. this so it’s SUCH a good album opener btw. 

I could write about all the songs but these are some faves atm.

can’t get enough of this album!!! so proud of charliiiii

Edited by palmtrev

12 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She stated in a interview a week ago-she was considering it

She mentioned that there was the question "Will I go independent, or will i sign with a major label" but never once has she hinted that she actually planned on going independent.

anyone know what the code is to hear the deluxe snippets? i clicked the link but cant see any code

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I frankly think it would be kind of dumb for her to go independent after spending the last decade fighting the major label system to allow her to release music quickly, authentically, and on her own terms, only to turn around and go independent right at the moment when the major label system has caught up to her and now wants artists who work quickly, release quickly, and write their own music. The only reason would be if they offered her a really bad deal, but I think it's in WMG's best interest to keep her around which is why I think she'll stay in that family of labels.

I feel like she should stay with Atlantic tbh. She said their relationship is much better now and I think her career could only go up from here now that they’re seeing the success of Crash :nails:

5 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

I feel like if she wasn't gonna stay she wouldn't go and specifically say my final album with my label wheww

Agreed but also I wouldn’t be surprised if she changes her mind due to the success. “Final album with my label” is very marketable and I can see her pushing that narrative solely because of it 

19 minutes ago, palmtrev said:

okay soooo… been a long time lurker here since the xcxworld leaks back in the day and finally made and account lmaoooo…

anyway i just wanna put my input in -

the way charli talked about what this album was going to be (literally charlis version of pop) and the vibe i truly think she ate that shit uppp, hard!!! 10/10 album. Best since true romance imo.

i love her pots and pans alt music so much too but like….. this album ateeeeee especially because we didn’t get the first quote on quote full “pop” era, xcx world, this album just gives me everything i’ve ever wanted for her in the GP pop realm. It’s charlis version of pop though and that to me is so sick how she is giving me my spice girls britney gaga whatever pop icon you have.. fantasy. 

anyway album is 10/10

* some stand outs *

YUCK - heard in like october last year and it was the demo that leaked before the album and i was instantly in love. first listen to the new version i was like ummmmm it lost its cute lovey dovey charm. after listening to the album version a few more time i am truly i loveeeee!!! giving me screaming sucker era. her moody attitude really shows on this track and it gives me hella nostalgia

*also didn’t think anyone has caught this yet.. but when charli says “don’t wait up for me” it’s definitely an interpolation of Janet Jackson’s - Doesn’t Really Matter* 

USED TO KNOW ME - People need to clean them ear and give this song the love it deserves. so many pop songs are just samples of old music. i watched a review of this album and the guy said it’s hard to form emotional connections to songs you have prior emotional connections too and i completely agree. Used to know me is special because 1. it’s a fucking BANGER and she sounds like a hypnotizing demon angel baby. The best part is that even the the sound heavily relies on the sample her vocals SHINE through and i already have an emotional connection with this one. (also i am a house head and i can 100% say that i will def hear djs dropping this or their remix’s to this during shows) (diplo remix plz??)

edit: (adding more)

Any single pop artist could have taken this song and done this. But it’s literally the sell out eta. Almost all pop stars have taken samples of club bangers or what not and have transformed them into new songs to love. This is THE one though. This is going to be summer anthem i’m telling everyoneeeeee. Wait until the video. Charli said 9 looks and i’m kinda hoping for a Spice Girls Who Do You Think You Are inspired video…

CONSTANT REPEAT - flawless. i’ve never heard anything like it. Love that there is no drop and it just continues. flawless 10/1000000

LIGHTENING - I have no words. The bridge guitar is giving me spice girls vibes. They would always includes instrumental in their songs and lightening gives me life with it. 

CRASH - it’s funny that lightening gives everyone TR vibes cuz i actually think the verses in crash give me more true romance vibes. this so it’s SUCH a good album opener btw. 

I could write about all the songs but these are some faves atm.

can’t get enough of this album!!! so proud of charliiiii

TASTE also YOU ARE SO HOT :blanche2:

14417469274.gif

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

How can y’all rearrange this at all its perfect

cause move me -> baby -> lightning is weird and so is every rule -> yuck

xMcVPI7.jpg