Fluorine

Charli XCX

53 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

While I disagree with at least 90% of your music takes, especially in regards to new shapes(my favorite song on the album), I do agree you’ve shat on it consistently.

and I truly don’t mean this in a rude way— but whenever I feel self conscious about sharing one of my takes, I always see one of your posts and think “wow what I’m about to say is nearly as tasteless as that” and then I get the courage to press submit. A great reminder of how it’s all completely subjective.

Edit: i also agree about the herd mentality thing

I’m glad I give you all confidence :ma:

sometimes lanaboards needs a destructive presence 

Girls Night Out (feat. Pete Tong)

Come To My Party

Hey Boy Hey Girl (feat. Will.i.Am)

Good Girls

The One I’d Die For

Bounce (feat. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)

Down Like Woah

Waterfall (feat. Noonie Bao)

Boys

I Wanna Be With U

No Angel

Can You Hear Me?

Taxi

After The Afterparty (feat. Lil Yachty)

:wub:

1. come to my party

2. girls night out

3. good girls

4. bounce (the final where she says if your names kyary)

5. party party

6. down like wow

7. taxi

8. no angel.

9. i wanna be with u

10. can you hear me?

11. waterfall

12. die 4

13. after the afterparty (solo)

just made this thinking abt the tracks if they were a storyline:

asking her besties to come to her party, having a gno while saying to her parents shed be a good girl, bouncing-party partying-goin down like wow, getting a taxi w a boy and ending up cheating on her bf at the hotel, then wanting to get back w him, failing while saying shed die for him, and j doing an afterparty out of spite anyway

sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday

Charlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | Tenor

qfrWuBl.png

i'm curious as to why you guys think xcx world would be such a bad move for charli's career... it's not like n1a and pop 2 gave her any hits and this album was the beginning of her hyperpop era. i feel like the making of this album was very important for her even if she didn't get to release it. at this point in time though i dont think it would be a great move to release the album even as a mixtape. we already have it! let's move on and focus on the amazing things she's doing right now

8 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday on sunday monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday

Charlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | TenorCharlixcx GIFs | Tenor

this is the exact gif i imagine while vrooming in my car to work listening to this

I need to go through all her unreleased and pick out my faves. I hate having a bunch of unreleased that just sit in my library and never get played. 

does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best tracks?

talking about XCX World tracklists... I think any 2015-17 song she made for that album makes sense to be on an XCX World tracklist but some people's tracklists be like

1. 1999

2. Bounce

3. Strobelight

4. Blame it on your love

5. Mow that Lawn

6. Taxi

7. Beach Hut in Hawaii

8. Girls Night Out

9. 5 In The Morning

10. Next Life

bIZyMFi.gif

21 minutes ago, lovesick said:

i'm curious as to why you guys think xcx world would be such a bad move for charli's career... it's not like n1a and pop 2 gave her any hits and this album was the beginning of her hyperpop era. i feel like the making of this album was very important for her even if she didn't get to release it. at this point in time though i dont think it would be a great move to release the album even as a mixtape. we already have it! let's move on and focus on the amazing things she's doing right now

I just personally think that the album would have bombed, clearly the mixtapes helped her reform a fan base as well as gain some critical acclaim. But you could see how cautious the label were about the third album following After The Afterparty and Boys. Let's be honest we only got Charli cos of 1999. 

I think the XCX World album would have lead to her being dropped or forever being held in label purgatory (cos she's a writer) and we'd probably still be living in a world of monthly drops or EPs. With no budgets for music videos etc. 

As much as I love that record I don't see any of the songs becoming hits at that time and they probably would've haulted promotion to save money.

1 minute ago, Waterfall said:

talking about XCX World tracklists... I think any 2015-17 song she made for that album makes sense to be on an XCX World tracklist but some people's tracklists be like

1. 1999

2. Bounce

3. Strobelight

4. Blame it on your love

5. Mow that Lawn

6. Taxi

7. Beach Hut in Hawaii

8. Girls Night Out

9. 5 In The Morning

10. Next Life

you forgot sweat, i'm done, lucy liu & keyboard funk!!!11!1111!1111!!!!!

also hey boy hey girl is supposed to be on the album because my great grandmother's aunt's friend's cousin's nephew's dog's parasite's boss' acquaintance who is an insider said so

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Some of XCX World were great, but other ones weren’t as impressive as some of you think they are. Especially songs like Queen Lizzy, Die 4 and Can You Hear Me sounded like straight up Sucker outtakes. 

Charli tried to revive the era with monthly drops in 2018 but Atlantic fucked her up once again. Reviving it again after so many years just would be beating a dead horse.

Spoiler

With that being said I still think Girls Night Out, Bounce, Down Like Woah, I Wanna Be With U and Waterfall are timeless classics.

3 hours ago, venicebitch said:

other ones weren’t as impressive as some of you think they are. Especially songs like Queen Lizzy, Die 4 and Can You Hear Me sounded like straight up Sucker outtakes. 

👎👎👎 Queen Lizzy is a cute bop and Die 4/CYHM are masterpieces. I love Sucker but they don't sound anything like that era production-wise

But I do agree that it's bizarre how people still expect her to release all this old XCX3 stuff. It's a shame that the OG album campaign went how it did but I'm sure she's moved on from these songs after all this time… we have most of the main album contenders in some form anyways so let her move on :smh:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕