Fluorine

Charli XCX

How are some of you trying to pass off not liking self-titled as an unpopular opinion when every few days we have pages and pages of people trashing it… :stareney2:

The TRUE unpopular opinion is that Next Level Charli, Gone, Cross You Out, and Click is one of the strongest back to back runs on a Charli album. :true:
Yes I like 1999 but it disrupts the flow of these 4 iconic songs. :nails:

Another unpopular opinion: Grins is overrated. I love it, but it’s not even top 5 on True Romance. The highlights of the song are Charli belting “no-o no-o no-o-o-o” at the end and her aggression in the “beaches and oceans” part and those are both only in the live version.  :nails:

The live version eats the album version up. :true:

My top 5 (in no particular order) would be:

• Black Roses

• What I Like

• Set Me Free

• You’re the One

• You (Ha Ha Ha)/So Far Away

9 minutes ago, xcx said:

Another unpopular opinion: Grins is overrated. I love it, but it’s not even top 5 on True Romance. The highlights of the song are Charli belting “no-o no-o no-o-o-o” at the end and her aggression in the “beaches and oceans” part and those are both only in the live version.  :nails:

The live version eats the album version up. :true:

:wtf: 

i thought a superlove stan would have better taste

WISH YOU COULD SEE ME WHEN I’M LYING IN BED—

demi.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

my unpopular opinion (out of several):

grins isn’t just the best song on true romance, it’s one of the best songs of her career and it’s one of my favorite songs ever made :true:

nah youre right with this

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

it’s literally a masterpiece :crying4:

i think the only other song that comes close is visions

Another song of hers that I think is overrated :true:

Visions is one of my least favorites on HIFN honestly :bebe:

7 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

This isn’t unpopular though-many of us feel the same

yeah i know but you'd be surprised how many people (especially on reddit) think charli is her best work... and fantano too 

9 hours ago, abombnd said:

I agree, I always felt it like it was a disaster especially with the hellish 1999 era along with the fact bioyl + 1999 are super out of place. it's just not a very good album overall

SO many songs sound out of place. Official, WM, SC make no sense with the rest. 1999? BYOL? that era is a mess. im just glad we got WM (although in retrospect... not that glad)

i feel like self titled slander gets over-exaggerated at times but i think one fact we can ALL agree on is that bioyl is one of charli’s worst. i’ve literally never seen anyone praise it, and it should stay like that

27 minutes ago, xcx said:

Another song of hers that I think is overrated :true:

Visions is one of my least favorites on HIFN honestly :bebe:

This 

Also

Forever

I finally understand 

Pink Diamond 

Party 4 U-although mixed on this one are the only good ones to me on HIFN

Look @Theprettyymess, this was back when cars were functional and bluetooth was alive and kicking... but then she put on a bra, made people sweat and became a sports instructor for a day. Now Japanese people have had their cars crash and bluetooth was, or is sometimes, not working, unless of course she unleashes Japanese bonus track 'Sweat' with or without Miranda on the track!

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

This 

Also

Forever

I finally understand 

Pink Diamond 

Party 4 U-although mixed on this one are the only good ones to me.

P4U is one of my all time faves! I like all the songs on the album, but I really think I Finally Understand could’ve been switched with I Hate All This Gravity. 

To me Charli is a self-indulgent pop serve, it’s a diverse pop record and I guess that could read as incoherency to some? It’s produced really well front to back and has quite a few career highlights.

the only dud is 1999, but mainly because it doesn’t fit

6 minutes ago, Sis said:

Look @Theprettyymess, this was back when cars were functional and bluetooth was alive and kicking... but then she put on a bra, made people sweat and became a sports instructor for a day. Now Japanese people have had their cars crash and bluetooth was, or is sometimes, not working, unless of course she unleashes Japanese bonus track 'Sweat' with or without Miranda on the track!

I love how in the first 20 seconds or so she seems to be bra shopping and looks very critical at what's in the stores like she's a pretentious art critic like Mr. Fantano. It seems like she had to go to Japan to figure out that braless is the best way to enjoy the sun & that it doesn't matter, because we just need to make fun and let it all hang out. So Mr. Fantano and other art critics can suck it.

I love how empowering this video is and this song gives me life. This is what it means to be a Charli XCX fan. And this was my critical analysis, take it or leave it.

13 minutes ago, xcx said:

P4U is one of my all time faves! I like all the songs on the album, but I really think I Finally Understand could’ve been switched with I Hate All This Gravity. 

I really like I finally understand-I would switch 7 years with if I cried :hdu: