Fluorine

Charli XCX

honestly didn't really like the self titled either, but I LOVE Next Level Charli so much. Pretty big fan of Official and February 2017 also and I always thought Thoughts (i'm surprised it's the least streamed song from that album??) was crazy. Also thought I was the only one that didn't like that cover lmfao 

sgopYhV.gif

after all the predictions said crash would debut at #12 on the billboard 200 it debuted at #7 w/ 31k sold!

not too bad for the US omg!

(this is her highest by far !!! sucker peaked at 28!)

some unpopular opinions about Charli's career:

- SUCKER is actually a very bright, solid and fun album, the polished production overral is what elevates him and he has a really good tracklist
- as much as i love pop punk, almost none of the pop punk demos of SUCKER sounds good comparing to the final mixes
- So Over You demo is better than the final one, and Sucker demo is ultrainferior to the released one
- the only reason why some people love to hate Boys, 1999, Blame It On Your Love, Boom Clap, Out of My Head, Gone and Beg For You is because they're Charli's pop bangers, if they were released by some other artist y'all would be worshiping them
- if SuperLove was a smash hit, a lot of you would hate her just like you do with the other pop bangers in her catalog

https://media.tenor.com/images/15c86258c530f88f6d752456f98b4450/tenor.gif

21 hours ago, KillForLove said:

whats an unpopular charli opinion you guys have?

Hide contents

mine is that I don't get the hype for Gone, I dont think its bad, but i think its very mid in her discography. I also don't people who say its one of her best videos.

break the rules and boys are the best singles she’s ever released :true: they’re easily her most original and well written songs. they blow songs like grins and visions out of the water

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Heartmachine said:

A Billboard top 10!!! :defeated: :defeated: 

Wasn’t someone saying that vinyl sales don’t count if they don’t ship too? :facepalm:

i mean yeah, they don’t with the new billboard rules, but i think a very small percentage of people had vinyl delays 

bc i (and i know many others?) got theirs on time!

5 minutes ago, sack said:

break the rules and boys are the best singles she’s ever released :true: they’re easily her most original and well written songs. they blow songs like grins and visions out of the water 

Sorry but I have to lock the thread after this one :awkney2:

21 hours ago, KillForLove said:

whats an unpopular charli opinion you guys have?

Hide contents

mine is that I don't get the hype for Gone, I dont think its bad, but i think its very mid in her discography. I also don't people who say its one of her best videos.

Gone isn't bad or anything, but the Clarence Clarity Remix ended the album version with ease, it's just so much more interesting to listen to.

Conversely, even though I usually love Easyfun, I don't like his remix of 1999; I much prefer the original and the Alphalove Remix. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

53 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

Top 10..........BABY

:gurl: not very much a fan of this one but TOP THOSE CHARTS MAMA :kris: 

47 minutes ago, LoveIsReligion said:

I wonder if she is going to become independent...if that's so...I wonder if her label will own all of her produced songs including XCX World.

Atlantic should let her own her unreleased material that has not been pitched/sold to other artists. She's done so much, so many releases, that it would be unfair for them not to give those to her.

Also, OMG IS THAT 'TRACK 10' FROM YOUR SIGNATURE A FONT? I NEED IT :omg: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: