Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 hours ago, NEXTLIFE said:

We do not talk enough about Charlis Don't Delete The Kisses Cover and the Remix Alice and her did together. She made it beautiful on her own way and changed the verses so gracefully. 

If anyone got the flac version, send please 

100% but the Live Lounge version was way better than the one she released on streaming unfortunately

Need some help besties :party:

I’m really wanting to do my uni dissertation on Charli but I’m stuck on topic ideas. Thinking possibly the route of the ‘perfect pop star’, the whole selling out theme and journey through eras orrrr something about the subculture of pc music and hyperpop and it’s impact on the mainstream with Charli being the main example throughout. 

Love to hear any suggestions, thoughts or topics & I’d kinda like to share this with you all as I go along think it’s might make it more enjoyable for me 

i’m still astonished by how great True Romance is 

and i really love that her “true romance” voice is kinda back with songs like ‘lightning’ and her live performances too.. It feels like she’s embracing her own voice more

19 minutes ago, Imalreadygonebaby said:

I’m really wanting to do my uni dissertation on Charli but I’m stuck on topic ideas. Thinking possibly the route of the ‘perfect pop star’, the whole selling out theme and journey through eras orrrr something about the subculture of pc music and hyperpop and it’s impact on the mainstream with Charli being the main example throughout. 

Love to hear any suggestions, thoughts or topics & I’d kinda like to share this with you all as I go along think it’s might make it more enjoyable for me 

how about how fans interact with artists & vice versa

the how i'm feeling now era / alone together is a huge source for that topic

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

22 minutes ago, Imalreadygonebaby said:

how she went from underground to mainstream then back underground whilst still working in the mainstream has always been super interesting to me

33 minutes ago, Imalreadygonebaby said:

Don't know if it could be helpful but maybe you could write about is it better to chase for mainstream success (And talk about Sucker/her hits) or to develop a small but strong fanbase with more experimental music (No big hits, but a more stable amount of success and critical acclaim on everything you release)

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

34 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

Don't know if it could be helpful but maybe you could write about is it better to chase for mainstream success (And talk about Sucker/her hits) or to develop a small but strong fanbase with more experimental music (No big hits, but a more stable amount of success and critical acclaim on everything you release)

Now this is such a cool idea and would be great to do a comparative piece on - playing on that idea too of is mainstream music ‘less meaningful/genuine’ than underground experimental music

1 hour ago, Imalreadygonebaby said:

Now this is such a cool idea and would be great to do a comparative piece on - playing on that idea too of is mainstream music ‘less meaningful/genuine’ than underground experimental music

Yes! And you could even compare what makes True Romance an experimental record and what makes Crash a mainstream one when both are mainly appropriating elements of the 80s and modernizing them

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900