Fluorine

Charli XCX

Just now, comeintomybedroom said:

no you dummy but she just released a brand new album (that she is really proud of) like two months ago so us bitches are literally not thinking about an xcx world release as of now! why is that hard for you to understand!

QJyMcQ7.png

Xcx World>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CRASH…

Idk which is worse, the baseless generalization or your aggressiveness:awk:

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

I'd love it if XCX World would be released, I won't lie. But if not, well, it's mainly because of what that time means for her. She's said it multiple times. And honestly I find it terribly unlikely to happen, so I'm not deluluing myself on it.

That said, yeah, I agree she really has some of her best work there, and that's why that album, even if unreleased, is very high in my Charli discography ranking.

Anyways, stream Sorry If I Hurt You aka what should be the next single from CRASH :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'd love it if XCX World would be released, I won't lie. But if not, well, it's mainly because of what that time means for her. She's said it multiple times. And honestly I find it terribly unlikely to happen, so I'm not deluluing myself on it.

That said, yeah, I agree she really has some of her best work there, and that's why that album, even if unreleased, is very high in my Charli discography ranking.

Anyways, stream Sorry If I Hurt You aka what should be the next single from CRASH :true: 

It sucks seeing how drastically her demeanor & personality changed between XCXWORLD & Charli… it fucked her up bad 100%. She obviously has no problem playing Taxi live or even miming to it during a zoom party, she said herself the reason it wasn’t released was out of her hands & it would be extremely beneficial/full circle for her to finally profit off of a body of work that meant so much to her.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, comeintomybedroom said:

no you dummy but she just released a brand new album (that she is really proud of) like two months ago so us bitches are literally not thinking about an xcx world release as of now! why is that hard for you to understand!

QJyMcQ7.png

If you used some reading comprehension you would see that in that post I was talking about people hating on people giving xcx world attention, not people thinking it won't be released. But if you feel addressed by "yall stink" then idk what to tell you like...

https://www.amazon.com/Dove-Moisturizing-Fragrance-Free-Hypoallergenic-Effectively/dp/B08LM7291W/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=dove%2Bsoap&qid=1652995139&sr=8-2&th=1

qfrWuBl.png

Personally I like the mystique around XCX World, and it would be even greater if it hadn’t leaked… The reality is, most songs feel like demos, rough around the edges and maybe needing a few minor tweaks at times, and when she played the songs at the Crash tour, it was really apparent that they sounded unfinished over the system (on the production, mixing, and mastering end.)

So there still IS kind of that “what if?” feeling for me… It’s the IDEA of the album, I think, that people hold on to… the big, grandiose, future-leaning, SOPHIE produced, bubble-gum pop opus could’ve been… After Vroom Vroom, it’s year 2016, classic unreleased bops like Round & Round and Up & Down are being teased… No Angel (SOPHIE version) was teased a few months later… the hype and premise surrounding the album was absolutely insane. The sound was still so fresh for so many and XCX World was set to blow people’s minds.

That’s how I personally remember the lead up and it’s like honestly, that’s how I prefer to view the album these day… what could’ve been. What IF these songs HAD been finished and popped off? That’s the mystique that still remains.

39 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

It would be amazing for XCX World to be released, but it's definetly not going to now that SOPHIE passed away so don't expect anything

I mean her passing doesn’t mean it’s impossible for it to be released. her family is planning some posthumous SOPHIE releases iirc, and i think they’re really fond of charli, so i think she could definitely get the clearance if she wanted

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

charli said yuck is the next single and she wants to film a mv with julia fox

i’m so here for this.. we need charli x julia fashion moments. they would serve the SICKESTTTT looks for the mv!!! think the SLIME aesthetic from TR - Sucker… bring it back!!! 

14417469274.gif

19 hours ago, brandon said:

:scoff:even charli hasn’t moved on…

the constant teasing… taxi was just registered.. her using xcx tower in this roblox collab.. it’s obviously still relevant even if u disagree 

but okay!

also i find it funny that this was said on lanaboards, a forum about lana del rey, who just put various leaked songs from 2013-2017 on her 2021 album. 

i think it’s relevant because it’s part of the XCX mythos. it’s iconic and legendary at this point

3 hours ago, heatwaves said:

popping in 2 say tht hifn should've been 14 tracks. it being her shortest album still saddens me ngl LMAO :oprah:

justice for I Hate All This Gravity

negAbhB.png

On 5/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, brandon said:

I mean her passing doesn’t mean it’s impossible for it to be released. her family is planning some posthumous SOPHIE releases iirc, and i think they’re really fond of charli, so i think she could definitely get the clearance if she wanted

It's not so much an issue with the clearance of the songs but rather that SOPHIE was the main collaborator/creative partner for that release and Charli said it wouldn't feel right to finish that project without her. I mean, she could get a bunch of "hyperpop"/PC-adjacent creatives to work on these songs, but it just wouldn't be the same (although that would work really well as a remix album imo). I still hope she will revisit this album someday in some capacity (kinda like Brian Wilson with Smile). But if she doesn't I can respect that as well.

BXmHR6N.png

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time thinking about XCX World this past month. The buildup to it really felt like the promise of something glossy and magical back in 2016, but now it feels kinda heartbreaking and bittersweet. It's infuriating how she was met with so much resistance just when she was starting to come into her own as an artist (it literally would have been SO iconic if she had been given a chance to realize her vision :cryney2:). I'm glad she was able to push through and stick to her creative impulses and turn noes into yeses, delays into mixtapes and leaks into new beginnings...

It was a beautiful dream that met a terrible fate. It was punished for challenging the status quo but it paved the way for even more exciting bleep-bloop music. XCX World was all these things. But most importantly, XCX World is a place in our hearts. 💕

(Okay, I think I will give this a rest now and go back to streaming Crash.)

BXmHR6N.png

2 hours ago, poropompo said:

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time thinking about XCX World this past month. The buildup to it really felt like the promise of something glossy and magical back in 2016, but now it feels kinda heartbreaking and bittersweet. It's infuriating how she was met with so much resistance just when she was starting to come into her own as an artist (it literally would have been SO iconic if she had been given a chance to realize her vision :cryney2:). I'm glad she was able to push through and stick to her creative impulses and turn noes into yeses, delays into mixtapes and leaks into new beginnings...

It was a beautiful dream that met a terrible fate. It was punished for challenging the status quo but it paved the way for even more exciting bleep-bloop music. XCX World was all these things. But most importantly, XCX World is a place in our hearts. 💕

(Okay, I think I will give this a rest now and go back to streaming Crash.)

this is so beautiful, bless u bb <3333  :wowcry:

I literally never post here but just wanted to say the London show was incredible. We are so lucky to have Charli :crai:

Highlights/notable moments:

- Caroline coming out on New Shapes

- Charli dedicating Vroom Vroom to SOPHIE

- Charli getting overwhelmed and crying and saying how much she loves us

- Saying she wants a video for Yuck

- Move Me (which seemed to be one of the favourites of the crowd)

- UTKM and Baby (everyone was jumping and dancing)

- She played XCX World before she came out (including the Pete Tong version of GNO)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

the london show was amazing! so crazy seeing her biggest show yet 

literally no one in the crowd around us knew what was going on when xcx world came on fidkdkakfkfn not even taxi

visions was INSANE live

the venue was so big that it was being filmed and put on screens, so there may be a live recording posted from the show?

i like used to know me, twice and move me even more now because they were so special live!

the crowd got sooo rowdy when caroline came out like it was a bit scary fkfkdkwkdkffmf

2 hours ago, californianfreak said:

I literally never post here but just wanted to say the London show was incredible. We are so lucky to have Charli :crai:

Highlights/notable moments:

- Caroline coming out on New Shapes

- Charli dedicating Vroom Vroom to SOPHIE

- Charli getting overwhelmed and crying and saying how much she loves us

- Saying she wants a video for Yuck

- Move Me (which seemed to be one of the favourites of the crowd)

- UTKM and Baby (everyone was jumping and dancing)

- She played XCX World before she came out (including the Pete Tong version of GNO)

fr though I knew it’d be a good one to see live but didn’t expect THAT energy level from the audience, it was so good:beyonce:

giphy.gif