Fluorine

Charli XCX

I found a very interesting parallel between these two songs by these two British singers:

Charli XCX - No Angel (2018)

"Promise I'll try, promise I'll try (oh)
Promise I'll try, promise I'll try (oh)
I'm no angel, but I can learn" 

Dido - No Angel (1999)

"'Cause I'm no angel, but please don't think that I won't try and try" 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I found a very interesting parallel between these two songs by these two British singers:

Charli XCX - No Angel (2018)

"Promise I'll try, promise I'll try (oh)
Promise I'll try, promise I'll try (oh)
I'm no angel, but I can learn" 

Dido - No Angel (1999)

"'Cause I'm no angel, but please don't think that I won't try and try" 

But see, the difference is…… ONE has helped forge the path to enlightenment. :legend:

The other, however…… what has the other done? :popcorn: :toofunny:

4 hours ago, Heartmachine said:

But see, the difference is…… ONE has helped forge the path to enlightenment. :legend:

The other, however…… what has the other done? :popcorn: :toofunny:

I mean you could argue that dido pushed the path for later singers like Lana if only slightly with the trip hop beats. 

either way I don’t care for either song

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean you could argue that dido pushed the path for later singers like Lana if only slightly with the trip hop beats. 

either way I don’t care for either song

:karaoke::karaoke::karaoke:

https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/revive-live-tour-concorde-2-tickets/12225465?camefrom=CFC_MVTrevivelive&tm_link=revivelive&_ga=2.186455275.337612448.1658076153-1594252264.1658076153

New Brighton date? (On a Wednesday🤮) Tickets were buy one get one free and I think it’s 18+ because you need a lotto ticket. I wonder what this will be? A Crash show?

• C2 PRESENTS

CHARLI XCX *SOLD OUT*

Concorde 2 

Event status: Sold Out

Door Times 7:30pm - 11:00pm

We're delighted to announce that Charli XCX will be joining us at Concorde 2 on 31 August as part of Music Venue Trust and The National Lottery's Revive Live tour!Tickets go on sale at 10am this Thursday from THIS LINK ONLY: bit.ly/ReviveLive2022 - and you can bring a friend along for *free by ordering a +1 and bringing a National Lottery ticket with you.

***Please note that the Free Ticket must be "purchased" along with your General Admission Ticket. The price you pay per ticket will display.***The free ticket holder must be able to demonstrate they are a National Lottery player by showing either a physical ticket or one on the app at the door. This could be a weekly draw ticket or a scratch card and they must be over 18 to purchase and hold a National Lottery product. The original ticket holder must adhere to the age restrictions of the venue.