Fluorine

Charli XCX

It's just irritating because

Me: hey guys i made this mix cd

Everyone: oh that's all fine but you should totally take off those songs and add these 

Me: but then it's not a mix, it's literally just an official album

Everyone: yeah just use the album, your mix sUx lol 

Showing somebody an artists' best album is usually how you get them into them. True Romance is technically her first album, so it's her best by default.

True Romance is technically her first album, so it's her best by default.

:oic:   

Showing somebody an artists' best album is usually how you get them into them.

maybe for you but i find a lot more fun in making a mix of songs that span across an artist's discography.

besides, the mix is for my boyfriend. a playlist i worked on myself has sentimental value, whereas "oh i just ripped you her album hope u like it" does not. 

maybe for a casual friend, but not someone i plan on actually discussing her music with. 

14417469274.gif

Fun fact - the majority of my top 10 XCX songs are young MySpace Charli. My all time fave charli song is NFAG :toofunny:

If HDB wants to put old songs on, then let him. He is making the tape, right?

EDIT: aaaand Live Life just came on :toofunny:

BYE :omfg:

Oh how I've missed this thread being so active :flutter:

I barely like Charli's old stuff, so I would never use like MySpace stuff to try and introduce someone to Charli, but hey, that's you decision Bill! A lot of people do really get into that side of her earlier music, so go for it! :P

I really hope as we get closer and closer to album #2, this thread gets super active like it was last spring, I miss it :defeated:

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm sure her live shows are awesome but I'm sad she's not playing any new songs (except I guess Superlove if you want to count that). She told us she would definitely make up for postponing it and that it would be better than she planned but there's nothing super special about the shows, I think they would've been the same before she postponed them - superlove.

I just had a dream that I saw her and she played Glow and something else she would never play but I forget what. I remember her performing Glow though <3

I'm sure her live shows are awesome but I'm sad she's not playing any new songs (except I guess Superlove if you want to count that). She told us she would definitely make up for postponing it and that it would be better than she planned but there's nothing super special about the shows, I think they would've been the same before she postponed them - superlove.

I just had a dream that I saw her and she played Glow and something else she would never play but I forget what. I remember her performing Glow though <3

I'd KILL to see her perform Glow. Imagining those hypnotic ghost voices throughout the song just enveloping the room. :flutter: 

14417469274.gif

Okay guys help... if we're let in at 7 PM, Kitten at 8 PM, Charli's at 9, right? or 10? because I need to go to the H&M opening at midnight.... halp.

No she has Liz too afaik, and Charli's definitely last. They were all pretty prompt at my show and Charli was on by like 10 but I know the NY show has a bunch of extra shit like DJs and a host...

Mine is forever going in a frame now that queen has graced it with ha chicken scratch :slayty:

458a2d26467a11e3b6fe22000a9f12db_8.jpg

I am beyond jealous! l bought a vinyl specifically so she could sign it but I couldn't go this second time because nobody could go! It was 4 hours away, so I wasn't going solo.

Honestly it sounds like crap on vinyl.