Fluorine

Charli XCX

I met her right after the show. She came out at another entrance with her band and J£ZUS MILLION for a cigarette break ten minutes after the show ended. She was pretty discreet about the whole thing though, it was only me and my two friends. I got my TR vinyl and ticket signed in addition to getting two pictures with her.

I think I hate you... Were you just lucky or did you know she would be there somehow?

My show started at 9, there were two opening acts (was it just me or was Liz, as pretty and cool as she was, lip syncing most of her set?)

Liz went on at 9, kitten at 9:45 (they were SO crazy, Chloe is especially insane. Way crazier than Charli haha but I feared for her safety at times) and Charli went on at 10:45 and ended at 11:45

Liz was so basic. All her songs sounded the same. She's a clean mess, no thank you. No one was interested in her act, lol. Kitten was fucking NUTS. I love them. I watched the back up singing girl the whole time, she was so sexy. They were nuts though, I like the sexy keyboardist. Insane show.

The crowd was the worst. It's all ages so there were 12 year olds and their parents, and it was really funny when Charli was talking about how she could smell the weed and wanted someone to hit her up, lmfao. Smh their parents probably grounded them after the show. She was good live, good setlist, etc. Doesn't talk much and was quite disconnected, I think.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Yeah I feel you about the disconnected part. Other than during Take My Hand she didn't interact with the audience much (but she held my hand and sang right in my face during it so I'm happy!) ... And she went to one side a lot more than she went to the side I was on :/

I actually think How Can I was one of the best, that's the one she went the craziest for. Many of the songs she just stood at the mic and the lighting was either really dark or too flashy all the time so I didn't get any good pictures of her even though I was right at the front (well, second row I guess you'd call it. I wasn't physically touching the stage).

I'm not saying standing at the mic is bad, she killed it, I just expected her to be a bit crazier and more interactive. I did sense a bit of a disconnect tbh. She seemed to enjoy herself more when I saw her open for Marina I think?

Yeah I feel you about the disconnected part. Other than during Take My Hand she didn't interact with the audience much (but she held my hand and sang right in my face during it so I'm happy!) ... And she went to one side a lot more than she went to the side I was on :/

I actually think How Can I was one of the best, that's the one she went the craziest for. Many of the songs she just stood at the mic and the lighting was either really dark or too flashy all the time so I didn't get any good pictures of her even though I was right at the front (well, second row I guess you'd call it. I wasn't physically touching the stage).

I'm not saying standing at the mic is bad, she killed it, I just expected her to be a bit crazier and more interactive. I did sense a bit of a disconnect tbh. She seemed to enjoy herself more when I saw her open for Marina I think?

I enjoyed Kitten more than her, I think. The highlights for Charli was definitely I Love It, lmao, I swear the regret she has for not actually releasing that as her own song... She didn't sing the last chorus of You're The One, which is weird since it was the last song. You was okay, I liked Stay Away a lot too.

I felt like she wasn't genuine and didn't really care. She just got up there, did a really energetic set, didn't talk much, went back. I can't help but compare her to Lorde or Sky, both shows I saw recently. In terms of technical performance, she's better than Sky, but there's something just off about how Charli performs live. Not bad, not amazing, but it wasn't anything special. It was enjoyable but I wasn't like "OMG THAT WAS SO GOOOOOOD!"

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png