Fluorine

Charli XCX

15 minutes ago, no1angel said:

Out of interest, what was the first ever unreleased Charli song you ever heard? 

I remember hearing Bottles for the first time and then discovering that unreleased/leaked music was a thing. My music library hasn’t been the same since 

i think maybe mow that lawn? cuz i always loved the live version so much and was so excited to find a recorded version.

aOaIzH2.gif

17 minutes ago, no1angel said:

I remember hearing Bottles for the first time and then discovering that unreleased/leaked music was a thing. My music library hasn’t been the same since 

most likely girls night out 

52 minutes ago, no1angel said:

i remember mine was come to my party and i IMMEDIATELY collapsed... then i proceeded to download all the live recordings from sxsw and the exchange LA shows from a russian leak wesbite and the rest is history...

54 minutes ago, no1angel said:

So I discovered Charli right when "You (Ha Ha Ha)" dropped (courtesy of my then-boyfriend's reccomendation). The stuff wasn't quite "unreleased" (or maybe it was depending on your standards), but for me the "unreleased" tracks were the early stuff like Wires and Valentine or the Heartbreak High EP - stuff that was on Myspace, Soundcloud, Tumblr, etc. - the demos or tracks that got uploaded and were available for download but later got removed or buried.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

14 hours ago, Kurt said:

Sorry to bring this up again but did we get any confirmation what era LA, 1 I Love, My Type and Picture This are from?

I thought they were said to be hifn (?)

2 hours ago, no1angel said:

It was Come to My Party - actually XCX World was the first Charli *album* I heard, back in late 2019 (literally the only Charli song I heard before that was Boom Clap but hated it, and Boys). This happened right after self-titled was released and a friend of mine from college asked me what did I think about the album, and I was like "I don't know Charli XCX music". His disappointed stare made me look out for her music but, weirdly, the first thing I ended up listening to was XCX World (studio versions for the famous 13-songs tracklist were already available, in MQ to HQ, mostly demos before we got finals or stems, and ATAP, NA and GNO were released by then), which of course I absolutely loved. Then I went into her released music (iirc, it was Number 1 Angel - Pop 2 - Charli - True Romance - Vroom Vroom - Sucker in that order lol) and well, been here since.

But yeah, an unreleased made me get into AND stan this woman.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, no1angel said:

technically, it was her cover of allergic to love since it was included in the breaking up video but other than that, probably something unreleased that charli performed live like mow that lawn or the SXSW songs

15 hours ago, Kurt said:

Sorry to bring this up again but did we get any confirmation what era LA, 1 I Love, My Type and Picture This are from?

yes 

LA : either Charli or HIFN (i put it under charli tho)

One I Love: HIFN

My Type: Charli

Picture This: HIFN

6 hours ago, no1angel said:

lost in space !! 

edit because i can't read. interior/chains/heartbreak high as leaked 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

japan i think but i precisely remember hearing bottles for the first time, it was in beetwen 2 hrs of p.e. classes, i was that little twink in the boys locker room bopping quietly with my headphones on while others were kicking and pissing on the door or something, ohh what times

photography. it's charli like not so subtly ripping off paparazzi by lady gaga in her own way and its the song that made me realize she wasnt just another tumblr girl

X----into me, into you----X

8 hours ago, no1angel said:

I think it was either Bounce, Vroom Vroom (demo) or Girls Night Out: I saw her perform them/talk about them and couldn't wait to see her release those songs (Rip Bounce :toofloppy:) and one day the studio versions were on Youtube and I downloaded them immediately :legend:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

9 hours ago, no1angel said:

hmmm I think it was Interior (which made me love her more at the time) I discovered Charli bc of the I Love It collab but never gave her much attention. Then I listened to TR for the first time but it didnt clicked with me either (poor me) but at that moment Sucker was getting released with all the Boom Clap fever and im stanning her since then.

10 hours ago, no1angel said:

i think it was an xcx world song (atap sophie demo maybe???), but the first one that i remember hearing in detail was the original demo for bioyl

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

19 hours ago, no1angel said:

girls night out. that song holds a special place in my heart along with CTMP and a few other tracks cuz it reminds me of 2017/18 and partying every weekend listening to xcx world :wub:

charli xcx gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

I think the first Charli song that I saw leak was Heartbreak High & I was OBSESSED.

But the way I found Charli was searching “witch house” on SoundCloud after hearing Salem & Purity Ring in 2012. Which is really funny to me in hindsight, but damn if I didn’t stream the shit out of Heartbreaks & Earthquakes while waiting for True Romance, and when the album finally came the only song we hadn’t heard yet was Black Roses… I miss those early angel days :rock:

19 hours ago, no1angel said:

I think it was when a guy I was dating showed me a leaked, super LQ version/snippet of Trophy and then he showed me some live performances she’d done of like…Round & Round? Roll With Me? No Angel? I can’t remember but it was pre-Vroom Vroom.

I got into Charli during the TR era, fell off the bandwagon when Sucker was released, still enjoyed Sucker but she wasn’t much of a second thought artist for me and then EAGERLY awaited the Vroom Vroom release after hearing the live performances/leaks

giphy.gif