Fluorine

Charli XCX

3 hours ago, charli bby said:

another day of very kindly asking for lightning stems, pls I will accept just BGV2_left mono.mp3 in 128kbps

be careful, if you ask then you shall receive

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

22 hours ago, no1angel said:

Out of interest, what was the first ever unreleased Charli song you ever heard? 

I remember hearing Bottles for the first time and then discovering that unreleased/leaked music was a thing. My music library hasn’t been the same since 

I've always liked Charli, but she was not my fav artist till someday Apple put Trophy on an apple watch ad, so I realized I loved that song and remembered that Vroom Vroom - EP was on my iTunes Library but never played them sm, since then I started playing them 24/7. Then I was looking through YouTube if Charli had more songs like that and discovered Round & Round / Up & Down / Bounce and that Charli was a great musician n song writer. 

Ever since I discovered about Exchange shows, Sophie music, Hey QT, Liz, Danny L Harle and A.G. and of course about PC music.

But my first best unreleased songs were R&R / U&D / Hey Boy Hey Girl/ WGFU/ Bounce / GNO

Because I'm a crackhead I wanted to see if any of those silver TR vinyls that have been leaking were showing up for sale anywhere and I look on Discogs and, omg wig, someone was selling one.

Did I purchase on the spot? Absolutely 100% yes. Did my near-maxxed out credit card like that? It absolutely 100% did not. (But also was like ~$80ish USD  after international shipping at the end of it so that's not terrible compared to some records I've bought...)

I will update if/when it actually shows up.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

50 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Because I'm a crackhead I wanted to see if any of those silver TR vinyls that have been leaking were showing up for sale anywhere and I look on Discogs and, omg wig, someone was selling one.

Did I purchase on the spot? Absolutely 100% yes. Did my near-maxxed out credit card like that? It absolutely 100% did not. (But also was like ~$80ish USD  after international shipping at the end of it so that's not terrible compared to some records I've bought...)

I will update if/when it actually shows up.

hope u dont get scammed

51 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

hope u dont get scammed

Me too, but the seller appeared to be a record shop based on the inventory and the large number of reviews. At absolute worst, I get nothing. At the bad-but-not-nothing, I actually get some scratched up LP of scandanavian folk music, which I could just play at 45 instead of 33 and pretend it's hyperpop/pc music. At the "meh", it's actually just a copy of the standard black TR pressing from years ago (which is still a win, but not with a capital W).

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

they played Used To Know Me twice while I was in IKEA today :hottie: but I was with my grandma so I couldn't press the slay button and fag the house down :rip:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

What do you think of hyperpop in 2022? I was thinking about it today and it kinda lost its appeal to me. It used to be an avant-guard, experimental, queer genre and it was rooted in clubs and rave. It was glossy. Nowadays It doesnt have that, I think it has become much more bedroom-oriented and a lot of sad boys singing over generic and heavy beats out there. 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

1 hour ago, xlanax said:

What do you think of hyperpop in 2022? I was thinking about it today and it kinda lost its appeal to me. It used to be an avant-guard, experimental, queer genre and it was rooted in clubs and rave. It was glossy. Nowadays It doesnt have that, I think it has become much more bedroom-oriented and a lot of sad boys singing over generic and heavy beats out there. 

It lost a lot of it's appeal once 1000 gecs got released and every f@g decided they were gonna make hyperpop by pitching their vocals while screaming over distorted, bass boosted electronic beats

Then the rest of its appeal got lost once SOPHIE, the pioneer of hyperpop imo, died

So yeah... hyperpop is pretty much dead or on the verge of dying imo

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 hours ago, xlanax said:

hype its dead but once in a while I like to listen to it. I really enjoy it, btw out of topic but That Kid just dropped a new hyperpop  album today and its amazing imo 

3 hours ago, xlanax said:

I agree with this unfortunately… it’s almost like the “hyper-pop” movement was squashed overnight and it’s really upsetting to me honestly. It was so much fun for so long. Got me through some shit.

…NOT by being all sad boy/emo but through celebration of differences, and having fun with it, and vibing as high as possible and forgetting about your troubles just for the moment, rather than “I’m so different wah wah someone notice me.”

There’s a huge shift in who that music is going to appeal to, even if some elements carry over.

hyperpop isnt dead, its just that the word has lost all meaning. anything with wacky vocals and big bass is "hyperpop" now. personally i use the term to literally mean hyper pop in reference to a lot of early slayyyter and a lot of sophie/charli collabs or anything that fits that vibe

the problem is “hyperpop” never existed and all these trend chasing tiktok plants like glaive & aldn tried to make it their brand when there’s no appeal to the “genre” other than the main artists that define it, like Charli, Shygirl, Grimes, etc.