Fluorine

Charli XCX

22 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Can’t we just be messy and laugh without all the faux gen z hysterics for once-

SAY IT LOUDERRRR :mariah:

14 hours ago, glitch diva said:

WYTAM pre-chorus is such an earworm, omg... 

that whole song is underrated.. i renamed it to IDGAF in my library tho because that’s honestly the song’s true name. :flutter:

14417469274.gif

1 hour ago, Nova Times said:

this song really changed my life so good. so so good. 

the way that she's singing without even moving her mouth! icon!
literally don't even care that she's barely singing she's literally carrying the entire weight of the moon on the projection behind her because... she's an icon!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

This is going to be a controversial BUT...

Spoiler

Yeah Crash did age pretty fast imo. Like I was really happy for her to come back to pop music but I feel like after a while I only listen to the same songs and the rest feels really forgettable :toofunny: Baby, Lightning, Good Ones, Selfish Girl, New Shapes, Constant Repeat and Sorry If I Hurt You being the only ones I still listen to. Doesn't mean Crash is a bad album, just that it's def not the perfect pop album I tought it was at first when it came out

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

6 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

This is going to be a controversial BUT...

Hide contents

Yeah Crash did age pretty fast imo. Like I was really happy for her to come back to pop music but I feel like after a while I only listen to the same songs and the rest feels really forgettable :toofunny: Baby, Lightning, Good Ones, Selfish Girl, New Shapes, Constant Repeat and Sorry If I Hurt You being the only ones I still listen to. Doesn't mean Crash is a bad album, just that it's def not the perfect pop album I tought it was at first when it came out

same :bebe:

it's still great though and it's definitely not her worst

take my opinion with some salt because i'm the person that thinks hold the girl is the AOTY

edit: :bebe:

Spoiler

another album ranking :taylor:

1. how i'm feeling now - 10/10 masterpiece, aging like fine wine
2. true romance - 10/10 masterpiece, aging like fine wine, part 2
3. pop 2 - 9.75/10 was absolutely monumental when it was released and i think it will continue to be
4. vroom vroom - 9.5/10 the start of sophie x charli
5. super ultra - 9/10 the best of the true romance sessions
6. number 1 angel - 8.75/10 extremely solid pop album; has a slight cohesion problem but all tracks slap
7. crash - 8/10 overall a great album, sounds a little dated & a couple tracks are noticeably worse than the rest
8. sucker = xcx world - 7.5/10 the highs are very high and the lows are... middling; both are iconic pieces of her career though
9. heartbreaks & earthquakes - 7/10 every non-TR track is great but i feel like it's overshadowed by TR & super ultra, partially because half of it IS on TR

[wall]

10. charles bob.gif - 5/10 sounds like a compilation of xcx world & pop 2 outtakes made to capitalize on the success of 1999 and so they could put an end to the 3rd album curse; the highs are absolutely excellent though

55 minutes ago, the ocean said:

same :bebe:

it's still great though and it's definitely not her worst

take my opinion with some salt because i'm the person that thinks hold the girl is the AOTY

edit: :bebe:

Reveal hidden contents

another album ranking :taylor:

1. how i'm feeling now - 10/10 masterpiece, aging like fine wine
2. true romance - 10/10 masterpiece, aging like fine wine, part 2
3. pop 2 - 9.75/10 was absolutely monumental when it was released and i think it will continue to be
4. vroom vroom - 9.5/10 the start of sophie x charli
5. super ultra - 9/10 the best of the true romance sessions
6. number 1 angel - 8.75/10 extremely solid pop album; has a slight cohesion problem but all tracks slap
7. crash - 8/10 overall a great album, sounds a little dated & a couple tracks are noticeably worse than the rest
8. sucker = xcx world - 7.5/10 the highs are very high and the lows are... middling; both are iconic pieces of her career though
9. heartbreaks & earthquakes - 7/10 every non-TR track is great but i feel like it's overshadowed by TR & super ultra, partially because half of it IS on TR

[wall]

10. charles bob.gif - 5/10 sounds like a compilation of xcx world & pop 2 outtakes made to capitalize on the success of 1999 and so they could put an end to the 3rd album curse; the highs are absolutely excellent though

i agree with y’all, i hardly ever listen to CRASH these days. it’s still really good but i’m not quite…in that mood!! 

my ranking

1.True Romance

2. HIFN

3. Pop 2

4. CRASH

5. N1A

6. Sucker

7. Charli

i remember thinking "charli" was a monumental piece of art when it was first released and then literally 2 weeks later i was already hating it :hillary:
to be fair a lot of songs on the album are great but it just doesn't work as an album it literally sounds like a fan compilation of xcx world & pop 2 outtakes and some of those "outtakes" are excellent career highlights
also there are some actual unreleased tracks that should've been on there in place of a few tracks :hillary:

spoiler for the true hot takes since i'm in the unpopular opinion mood right now:

Spoiler

cross you out is bad, it's just not good, people only praise it because it has sky on it

official is excellent, it's honestly the best song on the album

2099 is also good, people only shit on it because it has troye on it

i think blame it on your love IS bad but lizzo actually saves it a bit

i used to think that february 2017 should've been longer but now i think it's actually the perfect length because the abruptness describes her feelings of that time period perfectly

click has aged poorly

shake it has also aged poorly

purpose & white dress should've been on the album

angels please don't kick me out of the thread we're all friends here :bebe:

6 hours ago, the ocean said:

i remember thinking "charli" was a monumental piece of art when it was first released and then literally 2 weeks later i was already hating it :hillary:
to be fair a lot of songs on the album are great but it just doesn't work as an album it literally sounds like a fan compilation of xcx world & pop 2 outtakes and some of those "outtakes" are excellent career highlights
also there are some actual unreleased tracks that should've been on there in place of a few tracks :hillary:

spoiler for the true hot takes since i'm in the unpopular opinion mood right now:

Hide contents

cross you out is bad, it's just not good, people only praise it because it has sky on it

i used to think that february 2017 should've been longer but now i think it's actually the perfect length because the abruptness describes her feelings of that time period perfectly

click has aged poorly

Spoiler

Yeah I was shocked at its acclaim tbh-I understand some of the ways distortion was tried to be used for experimental purposes but I knew it was going to age like milk for me as I thought it was poorly made on arrival and was a distraction for some iffy songwriting 

My ranking-I don’t expect anyone to agree :troll:

1. TR

2. Super Ultra 

3. Sucker/ N1 angel 

4. Crash 

5. HiFN

6. pop 2

7. Heartbreaks and earthquakes(I struggle to rank this as its like a weird compilation).

8. Charli

Didnt put vroom vroom in as is not long enough.

Cross You Out is AMAZING and that has NOTHING TO DO WITH SKY!! THANK YOUUU. I WILL NOT BE TAKING QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME!! If you can’t relate to the song’s message that’s ok, but do not come for my cutting-toxic-people-out-your-life anthem, which has beautiful lyrics & some of her best production!!! 

how can you praise 2099 !!!???? and slander Cross You Out in the same breath??? JAIL. @the ocean

2099 was an IDEA before it was a song, and that shows more than anything!! 1999 was cute but could have used a better feature. Maybe someone that actually grew up in the 90s and not born at the very end of it. Anyways 2099 is HOT GARBAGE and I’ve clearly got some thoughts on the matter. :toofloppy:

i do generally agree that Charli is her worst “album” mainly because of the awkward tracklist. It’s very clunky to me & i had to add / remove + rearrange some things to adjust it to my liking. :) 

xoxo 

14417469274.gif

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

click has aged poorly

Yeah honestly Click is really bad :toofunny: I really think they should have kept Charli and Slayyyter verses and added them to Shake it instead as it has the better instrumental

Purpose, Would You, Lucy Liu and Dreams should have replaced Blame It On Your Love, Click, Warm and 1999 imo

And I will say it again but 2099 IS good

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

18 hours ago, the ocean said:

Reveal hidden contents

click has aged poorly

agree with most of your hot takes actually. i also felt Charli was HUGE, i was like “oh my god!?!?” 

i think Thoughts is a bad song but i’ll stream it every once in a while.

Shake It is only bad when Pabblo comes in. can’t stand them. i’ll never understand what people see in them, surely it can’t be talent! :true: Brazilians don’t kill me please!

8 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Cross You Out is AMAZING and that has NOTHING TO DO WITH SKY!! THANK YOUUU. I WILL NOT BE TAKING QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME!! If you can’t relate to the song’s message that’s ok, but do not come for my cutting-toxic-people-out-your-life anthem, which has beautiful lyrics & some of her best production!!! 

i actually agree with you lol i love the song but not because of Sky, she was just an added bonus for me kiiii i don’t even mind the “shitty” vocals people always are talking about.