Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 minute ago, letterblue said:

agree with most of your hot takes actually. i also felt Charli was HUGE, i was like “oh my god!?!?”

i think Thoughts is a bad song but i’ll stream it every once in a while.

Shake It is only bad when Pabblo comes in. can’t stand them. i’ll never understand what people see in them, surely it can’t be talent! :true: Brazilians don’t kill me please!

i think thoughts is cute, definitely not next level charli or official though

shake it... :bebe:

well it's better than blame it on your love

Spoiler

ok just for the record here's the songs from charli that i like:
- next level charli
- gone
- 1999 (the easyfun remix is superior to the album version but i'll bop to the album version if i'm in the mood)
- click (i still like it, i just think it's aged worse than the way it sounded when it came out)
- thoughts (she's cute, i think she's aging better as time goes on actually)
- white mercedes
- silver cross
- i don't wanna know
- official
- february 2017

i've already stated my feelings on cross you out & shake it

warm is one of those songs where i have no opinion on it, i don't hate it i don't love it and i don't really think about it, she exists i'll listen to her when she comes on but i never seek her out

ok i'm gonna stop shitting on miss charles now, we're here to talk about charli's achievements and bops which is 98% of her discography charli.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, sack said:

can we discuss how lock you up is an underrated masterpiece :wipe: i desperately need more music like that from her 

i’m dying for a True Romance revisit from her lol.

53 minutes ago, glitch diva said:

Warm is amazing, y'all are so wrong for this...

Warm IS amazing, i love HAIM so much.

1 hour ago, sack said:

can we discuss how lock you up is an underrated masterpiece :wipe: i desperately need more music like that from her 

the way that lock you up is both a ballad & a bop and it's both really happy but also kinda sad, not to mention the god-tier production

onenight.gifcharli.gifcharli2.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

that brief period of time when everyone was using clyp.it and vocaroo before d**** took off :hillary::awkney2:

trauma flashbacks

only real ones remember the OG d**** that had a gorgeous website design, with a built in spectrometer 

also a moment of silence for the OG OG, picosong

anyway i like Cross You Out, obv for SF but also it has interesting production 

Charli (album) as a whole does feel very clunky so i don’t ever really listen to it. some songs are really tired for me from working retail (i never knew how exposed i was to Charli while working retail until this year)

negAbhB.png

1 minute ago, Ceremonials said:

1. True Romance

2. N1A

3. HIFN 

4. Super Ultra 

5. Crash 

6. pop2 

7. H&E 

8. Sucker 

9. Charli 

but her best song is super love 

SuperLove :worship: i was obsessed with it when it first came out.

24 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

only real ones remember the OG d**** that had a gorgeous website design, with a built in spectrometer 

yeah it was dbr.ee i think it was so great i miss it - i think it took off after the clyp.it & vocaroo time though i'm pretty sure those were popular after picosong retired

23 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

but her best song is super love 

it's true :true:

i adore the style and aesthetic of sucker so much but i wish it was executed better. i’d kill for her to revisit the genre on a new project :angie: breaking up is the best song on the album imo, the way she sings the verses scratches an itch in my brain

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

28 minutes ago, sack said:

i adore the style and aesthetic of sucker so much but i wish it was executed better. i’d kill for her to revisit the genre on a new project :angie: breaking up is the best song on the album imo, the way she sings the verses scratches an itch in my brain

Fawkin CHEAP perfume :karaoke:

SUCKER > Charli

at least SUCKER has a clear identity, it’s fun and it’s cute. Charli is and will always be just a bad replica of Pop 2. she saw people were hyping her electronic noisy sounds and just went with it, it felt rushed and uninspired (the artwork is a proof of that). doesn’t mean it doesn’t have good songs, the songs are cute. it’s the whole thing that just doesn’t work.

SUCKER served pop rock cunt and it’s so fresh and fun to listen to. and the era has some of her best outtakes ever!!!! 

i don’t wanna hear anyone disagreeing with this statement, thank you!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever