Fluorine

Charli XCX

tbh

when I think of Charli XCX, my brain will always think of her during the SUCKER era. It’s when I first heard of her back in high school, and Boom Clap was inescapable. 

Also the opening line to SUCKER is so fucking iconic

negAbhB.png

sucker reminds me of being sixteen (it was the best of times, it was the worst of times etc) but it always holds a special place in my heart :wub:

also charli's aesthetic/fits were showstopping back then, i'm too lazy to make a post but sooooo many gorgeous gowns, still my fave fashion from her

lastly, i rly wish she would revisit this sound one day, seeing as how much the label fucked w/ it. SUCKER (Charli's Version) pls!!

let's talk about those sucker sessions too. it doesn't matter (seven day holiday), bel air, japan, high on helium, i wanna be like you, mow that lawn, nyc (the way out), save you… the list is endless. UGH! HER MIND!

20 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

The way I've always been scared to say that I like Sucker more than True Romance here but it must be said

So funny, I'm actually watching The Boss rn and that scene where her cover of Money plays just came on...totally forgot about that

dont be afraid to say it, i cannot get into true romance no matter how much i try

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

late to the sucker convo but the first time i saw her live was 2 months before sucker dropped and hearing the title track/london queen/breaking up/need ur luv/caught in the middle/gold coins live before they even came out was such an experience and i will always be nostalgic for that era :crai: