Fluorine

Charli XCX

42 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i only recently found out that New Shapes is inspired (and sounds similarly chord wise) by SOPHIE/Kim’s 1 2 3 Dayz

omg i knew it, i literally made a mashup of them

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

18 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

xcx6 needs to bring back trapli, i need a whole album of 100 bads and hot girls from her

OH and also XXXTC, we all need to talk about XXXTC more often

**pounding the table**

The final verse… THEE verse…  IS. PEAK. XCX…!!!!!

Charli and A.G. absolutely KILLIN the gameee :defeated: :defeated: :toofunny:

1 hour ago, Heartmachine said:
3 hours ago, sack said:

the end of take my hand deserves to be extended and turned into a song of its own :oprah3:

It’s an interlude for Lock You Up but I think I know what you mean and can agree

ok WAIT i extended the take my hand outro into lock you up per someone's request on this site almost 2 years ago (r u still on here? hello lol)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_KAgK0tnAzsFON3pMakD788ZMnSkk256/view?usp=share_link

I hope the next album gives Sucker teas. I need a polished bubblegum pop record from her, leave all of the experimental stuff out and just go full on Max Martin style production if you're going to serve basic popstar. 

An album in the vein of Focus/GNO/Taxi (genuinely her best work to date) would be so amazing. Crash's subject matter about relationships/cheating was off-putting, if you're gonna be immature just be fun with it. 

Just now, This Feeling said:

I hope the next album gives Sucker teas. I need a polished bubblegum pop record from her, leave all of the experimental stuff out and just go full on Max Martin style production if you're going to serve basic popstar. 

i mean not saying bubblegum pop charli is bad at all i mean she's served some excellent sell out songs but i would not say sucker is bubblegum pop charli at all :bebe:

it's definitely a mainstream radio friendly album but it's more power pop than max martin, i don't think max martin would ever produce songs like sucker or breaking up and i wouldn't even say body of my own or famous

BUT i would be here for real bubblegum pop charli :true:

i think the closest she's gotten to pure bubblegum pop is either the 2010/11 tracks (one of them was given to bella thorne disney era & one was given to twice, a kpop girl group) or the 2015/16 demos for other artists like her "the middle" or "issues" demos

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i mean not saying bubblegum pop charli is bad at all i mean she's served some excellent sell out songs but i would not say sucker is bubblegum pop charli at all :bebe:

it's definitely a mainstream radio friendly album but it's more power pop than max martin, i don't think max martin would ever produce songs like sucker or breaking up and i wouldn't even say body of my own or famous

BUT i would be here for real bubblegum pop charli :true:

i think the closest she's gotten to pure bubblegum pop is either the 2010/11 tracks (one of them was given to bella thorne disney era & one was given to twice, a kpop girl group) or the 2015/16 demos for other artists like her "the middle" or "issues" demos

Fair. But you know what I mean! If she's gonna sell out, I'ma need her to fully commit. 

I heard The Middle on the radio the other day and thought about how Charli recorded a version, my god did they make the correct choice because the song definitely called for someone with actual vocal talent. Her over-processed vocals would have been a monstrosity for this track. I really wish she would ditch that aspect of her music, it's so jarring.

11 hours ago, This Feeling said:

Fair. But you know what I mean! If she's gonna sell out, I'ma need her to fully commit. 

I heard The Middle on the radio the other day and thought about how Charli recorded a version, my god did they make the correct choice because the song definitely called for someone with actual vocal talent. Her over-processed vocals would have been a monstrosity for this track. I really wish she would ditch that aspect of her music, it's so jarring.

I actually do think she has a lovely voice naturally- see:

This is what annoys me, if she took vocal lessons-she’d have a beautiful tone, realistically the auto tune is not going to age well. At this point who knows if there’s been extensive damage because she’s constantly losing her voice.

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I actually do think she has a lovely voice naturally- see:

This is what annoys me, if she took vocal lessons-she’d have a beautiful tone, realistically the auto tune is not going to age well. At this point who knows if there’s been extensive damage because she’s constantly losing her voice.

i love that performance. does she smoke? i can’t remember if she did when i was with her last.

On 11/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, evalionisameme said:

I don’t know when the magazines were published but at one point she threw out the idea of going to Italy and making an Italian-disco record.

I'd die. Give. Give it.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶