Fluorine

Charli XCX

Honestly she should have released XCX World after 1999 became a ''hit'' and added Focus, 1999 and Boys to it :true:

Spoiler

1. CTMP
2. Girls Night Out
3. Good Girls
4. Bounce
5. No Angel
6. Taxi
7. 1999
8. Down Like Woah
9. The One I Die 4
10. Can You Hear Me?
11. Waterfall
12. I Wanna Be With U
13. After The Afterparty

Bonus Tracks
14. Boys
15. Focus
16. Queen Lizzie
17. Paris

And then release the best songs from Charli as a 10 tracks mixtape:

Spoiler

1. Next Level Charli
2. Click
3. Gone
4. Cross You Out
5. Dreams
6. Shake It
7. Silver Cross
8. Official
9. February 2017
10. I Don't Wanna Know

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

2 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

And then release the best songs from Charli as a 10 tracks mixtape:

kind of love this idea though

Spoiler

1. next level charli
2. gone
3. i don't wanna know
4. click
5. purpose
6. [a bop track here - either lucy liu, ice cakes, green money, etc.]
7. silver cross
8. official
9. february 2017 (extended)
10. 2099 (solo)

cross you out / white mercedes can be released as a cute droplet single to accompany it

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i don't wanna know is the best song from self titled. the build up, the production, the lyrics, the tempo.

it makes me hyped asf 

facts

This is definitely a very unpopular opinion but I always kind of thought it would’ve been nice for XCX World to have been repurposed in 2018 with some newer tracks instead of the monthly singles campaign which I loved but also left me wanting more.

Like obviously I wish XCX World was released as it was but if it HAD to be killed, it would’ve been cool to see tracks like CTMP, GNO, Bounce, No Angel, IWBWU etc mixed with 5ITM, Focus, Next Life, 1000 Times, 1999, White Mercedes… stuff like that :flutter:

Sure, it isn’t exactly Charli at her most inventive but I think it would’ve been a solid pop record and almost a pre-cursor to Crash in terms of being more streamlined musically. Self-titled just didn’t age well for me and I could certainly live without it!

Spoiler

Sry for the essay but I honestly dream about this kind of album existing all the time :flutter:

11 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

a reminder that you for me exists, we all forgot about her when rita ora released it and then crash happened but shes so good

And legend 1000times sharing the superior demo. Oh yes we will never forget :dua:

18 hours ago, lovemooch said:

Jajs pero claro! un Chileno aquí no se ve todos los días eee

Tinashe en mi corazón, la conocí en el aeropuerto/ví en vivo cuando telonio a Katy Perry :crai:

nOOOOoooo me mueroooo, yo tenia la esperanza que vendria como viene a Sao Paulo en marzo, pero nada... Lemonlab/Blondie hagan algo AAAAH

8nl2OpX.png

15 hours ago, Kurt said:

This is definitely a very unpopular opinion but I always kind of thought it would’ve been nice for XCX World to have been repurposed in 2018 with some newer tracks instead of the monthly singles campaign which I loved but also left me wanting more.

oh i so agree with this, the monthly singles campaign was always so random to me. at the time it was happening i really thought it was leading up to a mixtape at the end of the summer comprising of most the xcx world tracks.

which… they honestly should’ve done? they were able to get no angel & girls night out released, it would’ve been the perfect moment to get all/most of the xcx world tracks out and just call it a mixtape like they did with n1a/pop2. the tracks were so hyped and she was constantly being begged to release them, it would’ve shut a lot of people up, and added a lot of great songs to her officially released discography, real “album” or not

then they could’ve used the success of it/1999 and lead right into self titled or whatever (with a different single than bioyl tho cuz that was random as shit)

years old and irrelevant topic at this point but i still have thoughts on it so idc  

i think people are forgetting how little control charli had over her own music not even that long ago.

self titled was about giving the fans experimental bops whilst also pleasing the label.

i don’t think it worked as it’s not a cohesive album BUT the era did repair her relationship with the label and allowed her to release two polar opposite VERY cohesive projects (HIFN and CRASH) as the label could see the demand and benefit of both separately.

7 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i think people are forgetting how little control charli had over her own music not even that long ago.

self titled was about giving the fans experimental bops whilst also pleasing the label.

i don’t think it worked as it’s not a cohesive album BUT the era did repair her relationship with the label and allowed her to release two polar opposite VERY cohesive projects (HIFN and CRASH) as the label could see the demand and benefit of both separately.

i enjoyed the era a lot and i wouldn't go back and change anything - but the album is still not that great as a collective unit

it was what everyone needed in that moment but it's time has kind of ran out - versus the rest of her work

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

16 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

you do have a good point, her and her label were in such a terrible place with each other it was WILD :toofunny:

however iirc, her getting a new manager was responsible for a lot of them getting on better terms, just due to better communication and compromise 

but also if she just released another mixtape that summer i don’t really see why the label would’ve cared that much, they obviously saw how much critical acclaim and attention it brought her with n1a/pop2 and they obviously weren’t gonna let her release those tracks on an album so :rollin:

but yeah like @the ocean said, even though i don’t like self titled as a cohesive body of work and i do question their way of release that entire time period, i don’t think i’d want to go back and change anything, ultimately she’s ended up in a really good place and has made incredible music and had a lot of freedom since then so it’s like, whatever, slay

17 hours ago, Kurt said:

Like obviously I wish XCX World was released as it was but if it HAD to be killed, it would’ve been cool to see tracks like CTMP, GNO, Bounce, No Angel, IWBWU etc mixed with 5ITM, Focus, Next Life, 1000 Times, 1999, White Mercedes… stuff like that :flutter:

Sure, it isn’t exactly Charli at her most inventive but I think it would’ve been a solid pop record and almost a pre-cursor to Crash in terms of being more streamlined musically. Self-titled just didn’t age well for me and I could certainly live without it!

Hide contents

Sry for the essay but I honestly dream about this kind of album existing all the time :flutter:

Die 4 deserves a release like it’s so damn good

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I’m finally exploring the final three projects from her that I haven’t been that familiar with : Charli, Pop2 and N1A.

I absolutely love them. Official, White Mercedes, Roll With Me, 3AM, Ily2 are so fucking good :beyonce:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

4 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I’m finally exploring the final three projects from her that I haven’t been that familiar with : Charli, Pop2 and N1A.

I absolutely love them. Official, White Mercedes, Roll With Me, 3AM, Ily2 are so fucking good :beyonce:

These are arguably the ones that gained her current fan base! Three of my fav albums ever