Fluorine

Charli XCX

15 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yup. Good Ones was the best lead single this album could've had. + that video... it was really giving that energy she was talking about.

I don't really know what order though, but imo Constant Repeat, Used to Know Me, Baby and Yuck should've been the only other singles from the era. Maybe Sorry If I Hurt You as a promo single (and included in the standard pls), New Shapes as promo too.

I like Every Rule but I still don't get how it was released as a promo single and, say, Constant Repeat didn't.

good ones worked as a lead single but only because we did not know about any of the other songs. i am a diehard believer that used to know me should have been the lead single. she would have had her mainstream pop girl renaissance if that song got the promo it deserved.

also i am an every rule apologist, the song is mid but the video is cute asf and i am glad it exists

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

17 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

If you did happen to be a miss Charles underneath there-please tell your intern to reign it in :lmao:

I’ve never seen charli type like this 

She’s not wrong, serve us Elvira

13 hours ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

Reminder that RuPaul made a carbon copy of Unlock It on his 2022 album MAMARU.. the song Fascination.. and then it kind of does the Visions rave breakdown :toofloppy:

I still remember that Azealia ripoff track he did like half a decade ago

his albums don't matter anyway; they might as well be titled RuPaul's Drag Race (Original Soundtrack, Vol. _) cuz that is the extent of their worth/use :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

4 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

good ones worked as a lead single but only because we did not know about any of the other songs. i am a diehard believer that used to know me should have been the lead single. she would have had her mainstream pop girl renaissance if that song got the promo it deserved.

also i am an every rule apologist, the song is mid but the video is cute asf and i am glad it exists

tbh im not sure abt used to know me as the lead, 

it would’ve made sense for europe, but for the US, good ones was the Perfect choice - very the weeknd/dua vibes, dark synthy pop is having a moment. i very strongly believe that if atlantic would’ve put in a little payola, it would’ve been soooo much more successful, especially with the release date being near halloween and the video being gorg 

true on the every rule thing tho, i think she was just making the most out of the coin she had, that video was probably extremely cheap to produce, so why not give the every rule stans a little treat 

this convo is so old and useless at this point but i like talking so :kiss3:

5 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Good Ones being the lead single and video just made the rest of the album/era disappointing by comparison... Like that was too good, if that's possible :rip:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

59 minutes ago, dance4u said:

Blame It On U is the Delicious of Number 1 Angel. will not elaborate 

This deserves another link… :popcorn: :defeated:

When A.G. starts the riser effect early at 2:52… 🚀🚀🚀🚀

and those added synth brass hits in the chorus too 😗👌