Fluorine

Charli XCX

47 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I love each and every Angel but Bounce is becoming a meme at this point. :smokes:

bounce is a meme and we love her regardless shes incredible leak the final leak the stems yada yada 

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

On 2/19/2023 at 1:57 PM, evalionisameme said:

The way nobody is obsessing over one of these leaks :toofloppy:

we used to have a page atleast devoted to everybody in awe of a leak-now it’s “oh that’s an interesting song…”

Try harder leakers 

I think there's a diminishing returns thing with leaks. You find an artist you ABSOLUTELY love, and you're craving more more more, and then you find there's a little back catalog of unreleaseds or leaks or songs that were released but then quickly taken down, and it's like "OH MY GOD, MORE CONTENT TO LOVE!", but after awhile, the shine wears off.

Sometimes, the songs were legit mastered and ready, they're *done*, but held back for a deluxe that never materialized, or an entire album or EP that was canned last minute. They're great quality, lyrically and compositionally, if it's a ballad and you love ballads, then you love it. If it's a pop-bop and you want another pop-bop, you love it. Love/hate comes down to personal taste regardless, and everyone is happy to have another song or body of work.

Then you have the songs that were 'done' in the sense of album ready, but not selected and sent for mastering, and the rest of the body of work they were to go with went on and lived its life while they got forgotten. They're still great, but they just didn't get included for thematic reasons. The execs and managers did their own ranking and reviews and the track(s) ended up at the bottom of the pile for whatever reason. Still listenable. Still likable. Fans rejoice.

Then you've got the songs in the intermediate that were still in the workshop. Some are 'finished'. Some are absolutely not. Some are lyrically right, but the instrumental is shit, or vice versa. We've got 8 different versions with different intros and outros. Sometimes they're missing a bridge or a proper intro/outro. Sometimes it's just all instrumental stems with no vocals. Depending on the case, dedicated fans will 'fix' the track in a week. Sometimes it's absolute crap. Song quality is questionable - sometimes we get that 320k/WAV, sometimes we get that "recorded in a club in the bathroom on a 2002 Nokia' experience". Sometimes listenable, sometimes horrid. And with demos and WIPs - wide range of expectations v. reality. Could get shit that sounds almost album-perfect, could get shit that's literally tin-can microphone and a ukulele. Could have nonsensical lyrics to fill the space in a track, could just have gaps of silence in the tracks altogether.

After awhile of leak after leak after leak after leak after leak after leak bouncing between these different quality levels, it gets fatiguing. I used to be like 'OMG NEW SONG WHENN???!!!", but then when the full doesn't match the hype of the snip, I'm a little more reserved the next go round. Or when the snippet is passed around for months before the full drops, by then I'm already over it.

Add in that some people are really hunting for leaks or unreleaseds from a certain 'era' of an artist, or only looking for a specific sound or song, and suddenly the leaks and outtakes and resurfaced old material starts to become less impactful, less important, less celebrated. In the case of Charli, there's a dedicated block of folks who have basically bone-grafted Pop2/Self-Titled/HIFN to their skeletons and literally anything that isn't poppers bottom PC music is panned. There's a block of people who crave witchy-goth-tumblresque True Romance 24/7/365 and anything not from that angsty era is panned. XCXWorld sluts literally want one thing and it's Bounce are constantly chasing that "high" of when that whole thing materialized, so anything less doesn't smack the dopamine button like it used too.

Just my 2 cents (adjusted for inflation).

(Also sometimes the song really is just that fucking bad, which is WHY it wasn't released. Something something we all missing the forest for the trees on that one.)

THAT BEING SAID...

I am (baby) obsessing.

MOTDF and Crying Stars are good. 3.5/4 out of 5. Solid songs (to me). Going into playlists. Will be bopping. Worth the wait or w/e on MOTDF. I have her. We living.

WvW I like it a LOT, BUT sonic texture is off. Sounds demo. Maybe more in future? Maybe scrapped and this is what we get. Who knows. I remember hearing snippets in the past so getting the full now is nice.

Hotel - meh.

Tables - I need the fulllllllll. I love it.

Edited by AtomicMess
Forgot a thought.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

3 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Spoiler

I think there's a diminishing returns thing with leaks. You find an artist you ABSOLUTELY love, and you're craving more more more, and then you find there's a little back catalog of unreleaseds or leaks or songs that were released but then quickly taken down, and it's like "OH MY GOD, MORE CONTENT TO LOVE!", but after awhile, the shine wears off.

Sometimes, the songs were legit mastered and ready, they're *done*, but held back for a deluxe that never materialized, or an entire album or EP that was canned last minute. They're great quality, lyrically and compositionally, if it's a ballad and you love ballads, then you love it. If it's a pop-bop and you want another pop-bop, you love it. Love/hate comes down to personal taste regardless, and everyone is happy to have another song or body of work.

Then you have the songs that were 'done' in the sense of album ready, but not selected and sent for mastering, and the rest of the body of work they were to go with went on and lived its life while they got forgotten. They're still great, but they just didn't get included for thematic reasons. The execs and managers did their own ranking and reviews and the track(s) ended up at the bottom of the pile for whatever reason. Still listenable. Still likable. Fans rejoice.

Then you've got the songs in the intermediate that were still in the workshop. Some are 'finished'. Some are absolutely not. Some are lyrically right, but the instrumental is shit, or vice versa. We've got 8 different versions with different intros and outros. Sometimes they're missing a bridge or a proper intro/outro. Sometimes it's just all instrumental stems with no vocals. Depending on the case, dedicated fans will 'fix' the track in a week. Sometimes it's absolute crap. Song quality is questionable - sometimes we get that 320k/WAV, sometimes we get that "recorded in a club in the bathroom on a 2002 Nokia' experience". Sometimes listenable, sometimes horrid. And with demos and WIPs - wide range of expectations v. reality. Could get shit that sounds almost album-perfect, could get shit that's literally tin-can microphone and a ukulele. Could have nonsensical lyrics to fill the space in a track, could just have gaps of silence in the tracks altogether.

After awhile of leak after leak after leak after leak after leak after leak bouncing between these different quality levels, it gets fatiguing. I used to be like 'OMG NEW SONG WHENN???!!!", but then when the full doesn't match the hype of the snip, I'm a little more reserved the next go round. Or when the snippet is passed around for months before the full drops, by then I'm already over it.

Add in that some people are really hunting for leaks or unreleaseds from a certain 'era' of an artist, or only looking for a specific sound or song, and suddenly the leaks and outtakes and resurfaced old material starts to become less impactful, less important, less celebrated. In the case of Charli, there's a dedicated block of folks who have basically bone-grafted Pop2/Self-Titled/HIFN to their skeletons and literally anything that isn't poppers bottom PC music is panned. There's a block of people who crave witchy-goth-tumblresque True Romance 24/7/365 and anything not from that angsty era is panned. XCXWorld sluts literally want one thing and it's Bounce are constantly chasing that "high" of when that whole thing materialized, so anything less doesn't smack the dopamine button like it used too.

THAT BEING SAID...

I am (baby) obsessing.

MOTDF and Crying Stars are good. 3.5/4 out of 5. Solid songs (to me). Going into playlists. Will be bopping.

WvW I like it a LOT, BUT sonic texture is off. Sounds demo. Maybe more in future? Maybe scrapped and this is what we get. Who knows. I remember hearing snippets in the past so getting the full now is nice.

Hotel - meh.

if i could pin comments i'd pin this charli.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

oh my the lecture… wasn't expecting that :hide:

I do be doing too much. :hooker:

Idk I just think that some people don't always think about or realize that shit didn't get released for a reason. They expect album-perfect every single time, like unreleased content is just some dude hoarding secret master recording tapes in their basement next to a map of Atlantis and the secret Krabby Patty formula, when in reality it's the leftover sonic scraps from a concept that has enough structure to stand on it's own.

Artists ain't gonna be hitting home runs every single time, subjectively or objectively.

There's also the ethical elephant in the room regarding leaks and leak culture and how the tracks end up being shared out.

Like there's only so much one could realistically expect - not every track is gonna leave us breathless on the floor and seeing god. 

(and if every track DOES that for you, I implore you to raise your standards *somewhere* because if everything is highlighted, nothing is highlighted)

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

17 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I do be doing too much. :hooker:

Idk I just think that some people don't always think about or realize that shit didn't get released for a reason. They expect album-perfect every single time, like unreleased content is just some dude hoarding secret master recording tapes in their basement next to a map of Atlantis and the secret Krabby Patty formula, when in reality it's the leftover sonic scraps from a concept that has enough structure to stand on it's own.

Artists ain't gonna be hitting home runs every single time, subjectively or objectively.

There's also the ethical elephant in the room regarding leaks and leak culture and how the tracks end up being shared out.

Like there's only so much one could realistically expect - not every track is gonna leave us breathless on the floor and seeing god. 

(and if every track DOES that for you, I implore you to raise your standards *somewhere* because if everything is highlighted, nothing is highlighted)

i agree with u sista but this is a popeyes can i please get your order we have costumers waiting

37 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:
Spoiler

(Also sometimes the song really is just that fucking bad, which is WHY it wasn't released. Something something we all missing the forest for the trees on that one.)

THAT BEING SAID...

I am (baby) obsessing.

MOTDF and Crying Stars are good. 3.5/4 out of 5. Solid songs (to me). Going into playlists. Will be bopping. Worth the wait or w/e on MOTDF. I have her. We living.

Hotel - meh.

charli stans really are the smartest pop stans huh

44 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:
Spoiler

THAT BEING SAID...

I am (baby) obsessing.

Hotel - meh.

Spilled. Up & Down leaking was the last time I felt that rush that matched up with the rush I got when the XCX World tracks originally leaked

qfrWuBl.png

OMG NOT ME COMING BACK TO FUCKING MURDER ON THE DANCEFLOOR :crying: it's a BOP!!! jail to whoever decided to scrap it - Charleigh included :usrs: 

Numb me, numb me :kris: 
Numb 'cause the city's on fire, fire :illumilana2:
DJ know how to keep me swaying :beyonce:
Turning, till I forget the blues :dance:

OOH :oprah4:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

im the only bitch in the house who cares about the solo version of Gone. Christine’s verses are like gasoline flavored air for my ears. It’s like I can smell her breath through the song

i don't agree with most of that but i'm backing you anyway. 

leak the gone solo demo 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

im the only bitch in the house who cares about the solo version of Gone. Christine’s verses are like gasoline flavored air for my ears. It’s like I can smell her breath through the song

doesnt chris use he/him now?