Fluorine

Charli XCX

ok hi girls i'm drunk enough but! beg for you is an amazing pure pop song! not only does it sample Cry For You by September it interpolates & flips it! Beg For you is desperate for a lover (me coded right now!) The opposite for Cry For You which is kinda begging for a lover to leave/never see you again! (both me & not me coded right now!) It manages to make this UK Garage inspired beat from a very euro-pop beat! i know people hate on the lyrics but it's simple enough for the garage era that it truly works!

truly i slay. also troye sivan's voice suckks to my ears but like he's hitting on 1999 rn! and also BIOYL is hitting because i will blame it on anyone else! but the issue is perpetually me!

1 hour ago, Raupeka said:

ok hi girls i'm drunk enough but! beg for you is an amazing pure pop song! not only does it sample Cry For You by September it interpolates & flips it! Beg For you is desperate for a lover (me coded right now!) The opposite for Cry For You which is kinda begging for a lover to leave/never see you again! (both me & not me coded right now!) It manages to make this UK Garage inspired beat from a very euro-pop beat! i know people hate on the lyrics but it's simple enough for the garage era that it truly works!

The best isn’t sampled from cry for you though

22 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

:lmao:

Taylor and Selena really have the most generic voices because it sounds like a random edm girl demo :oic2:

"taylor's" verse doens't sound like taylor at all lol sounds more like kim petras had a cold when she was recording her voice or something

1 hour ago, charli bby said:

Sucker is the only Charli vinyl I don’t have… hurry tf up with the repressing

I'm just missing sucker, true romance and n1a (I pre ordered the pop 2 vinyl) I'm starting to get feral for more vinyl 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

24 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Actually all her show performances gaslight me-this was too good :sluttybunny:

we were robbed of good ones on snl…. cuz who tf wanted beg for you! boring ass white sheets and funky nails 

46 minutes ago, brandon said:

we were robbed of good ones on snl…. cuz who tf wanted beg for you! boring ass white sheets and funky nails 

I mean the lady deathstrike vibes were a choice… but I can’t say I was complaining/more just confused lol!

7 hours ago, blameitonme said:

we shine when the lights go out...............i wanna kiss you in the nightclub 

Snorting GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

roll with me being my most played song of 2022 AND your profile photo being the picture i use to tag unreleased songs from 2017

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

On 2/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, Raupeka said:

I don’t think people see it as a bad song… it just sounds a little bland and manufactured considering her previous work! More so considering her collaboration with Rina was over hyped. :eek:

I don’t know… I enjoy it if it comes off but I don’t seek it. One of the main things that disappointed me of the Crash album is the overuse of samples honestly… Charli is a great songwritter so she doesn’t need to borrow other melodies (I’m not against samples, if done right they can serve so hard like Hung Up or Midnight Sky, to mention some) but in this case it’s almost like she didn’t even alter the instrumental in any way… and the lyrics sound similar to me! 

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

The fact we never got  songs like roll with me, secret, burn rubber(wish she recorded), TKO on an album together is criminal :defeated:

TKO deserved to be at least on Vroom Vroom EP :true:

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

One of the main things that disappointed me of the Crash album is the overuse of samples honestly… Charli is a great songwritter so she doesn’t need to borrow other melodies (I’m not against samples, if done right they can serve so hard like Hung Up or Midnight Sky, to mention some) but in this case it’s almost like she didn’t even alter the instrumental in any way… and the lyrics sound similar to me! 

no cuz honestly i’m so done with the sampling/interpolation trend… there’s a dutch producer trio (Kriss Kross Amsterdam) here that will completely copy an older song and release it with different (very mediocre) lyrics, it sounds so bad too