Fluorine

Charli XCX

53 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

She needs to do a drastic change in her sound. I’ve been bored and disinterested in her music ever since Crash came out. Please no more of that gimmicky hyperpop/80’s inspired bullshit that the gays will eat up. I want to see some growth! :xgiggle:

I mean this in the nicest way possible but you’re not going to get it, she hasn’t done a big pivot since her transition to the vroom vroom EP- we thought back then that each release was going to be completely different but she’s mostly stayed in a similar sonic lane since- while crash was significantly poppier and less experimental it wasn’t a big change or anything she hadn’t done at some point.

you’re going to get some variation of dance music or pop.

2 hours ago, KeybladeMeister said:

There was 0 merch booths at Wollongong 💀

Currently in line for my third show (FTL - Wollongong, Brisbane and Melbourne) and I’m obsessed w the Crash Tour mix of Boom Clap. I want the studio version…

:crai:

omg noooo that is so disappointing :( 

FzytWEW.png

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

you’re going to get some variation of dance music or pop.

Pinning this in the back of my mind when she releases "35" and takes Adele's spot as Brit Ballad Queen

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

58 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Pinning this in the back of my mind when she releases "35" and takes Adele's spot as Brit Ballad Queen

id take a whole album of "emotional"-esque ballads

i just realized that the quotes make it sound weird and shit but yall know what i mean

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

8 hours ago, dance4u said:

hi besties does anyone have an online link to charli's lollapalooza 2022 set? my youtube channel cholly xcx was terminated and im trying to reupload some stuff i had on there to my backup channel :rollin:

edit: if you've ever downloaded anything from my channel per chance, plz send my way bc i lost everything and i'm trying to reupload on a backup account

omg cholly xcx is gone :( 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

On 3/1/2023 at 1:59 PM, CoochieSwirlC said:

She needs to do a drastic change in her sound. I’ve been bored and disinterested in her music ever since Crash came out. Please no more of that gimmicky hyperpop/80’s inspired bullshit that the gays will eat up. I want to see some growth! :xgiggle:

honestly sucker was pretty much the only deviation in her whole career from an otherwise extremely consistent electropop catalogue. she manages to experiment within her signature sound to an impressive degree but i don't know what you're expecting at this point. that being said crash was her second and likely final attempt at a mainstream record; i think we're still a ways out from her next era but i have a feeling it's going to feel new. she's already basically confirmed that she's leaning towards indie sleaze myspace pop which is personally where i was really hoping she would go

pop2 and hifn were ventures into glitchpop but in the future i would like to see her continue to explore some triphop/idm/breakcore/jungle vibes , warp was one label i was wondering if she might sign with but it seems like she's staying with atlantic for the next 2 albums. it's such a shame (understatement) that sophie passed for many very obvious reasons, one of them being her sound was really starting to evolve outside the lines of what could be easily established as "hyperpop" and into more of a deconstructed experimental club sound that i think she and charli really could have made some magic together

25 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

dreamer being used in the new mugler campaign with hunter schafer,,,,, yes i do believe in number 1 angel rights absolutely  

dreamer deserves to be a sleeper hit, especially now that the world is giving raye some attention

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

5 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

are we talking like, folk music? or like country country?

trying to imagine A.G. Cook playing the banjo while Charli wails about love & pickup trucks in a southern twang accent

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina