Fluorine

Charli XCX

Thinking about last year when she said she would repress TR with a new cover….. :crossed:

Real shame she didn’t end up doing that since the logo she’s using on the shirt is such a serve 

14 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

she has her sucker/xcx world personality back before she got smited by god atlantic. 

She was never like this during sucker- sucker her didn’t have an ego, she was just an icy b*tch we all loved- still love her obvs but these answers were shit ngl! Being harsh but it’s true like 10th anniversary for this?

Like if your not going to put midnight or killing moon on a deluxe it’s kind of pointless because nothing was revealed 

1 hour ago, Ceremonials said:

bet it's why she released break the rules, she was probably scared it would be bigger with someone else.. 

isn't this a sucker era photo too lolol 

Rihanna probably would have taken it to a UK top 10- she was doing her mullet “goth” stage then 

Idk how to describe it but True Romance is one of those albums where as soon as I heard it I knew it was meant to be.. it’s like an album that is SO ME. it’s like someone went inside my brain and made something of everything i find cool and interesting and captivating and beautiful and scary and dark and exciting. I feel the same about Pure Heroine and Night Time, My Time

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

happy birthday true romance <3 love this album so much. whenever i listen to this album i always get such a bittersweet feeling in my chest. lock you up in particular always reminds me of when i used to play with my tamagotchi and just hang around online on tamatown. thank you charli for creating such an amazing album

6 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

funny that I felt a little regret salt  reading that instagram post saying what would’ve been if only she released “I love It” on TR. to be honest i think it would flop for some reason 

idk im happy she didn't, the track would have never made it to Style of Eye who's production is arguably at least 50% of the reason that song was popular, the og demo had a really synthy sound with none of the edge. Also if that would have blow up True Romance probably would have never existed in the form we got it, as Atlantic probably would have stuck their hands in it (a la Sucker) and probably would have been an absolute nightmare for her. Idk i think if I Love It were her song I have a weird feeling that she would have gotten annoyed with the industry and fizzled out very quick. Honestly as much as I love XCX World, I don't know if I'd change any of her releases. Even the failures of Sucker led her to people like SOPHIE and AG and rage against the pop industry.

2 hours ago, heatwaves said:

10 years????

jamie-lee-curtis-hehehehe.gif

Hi, it's me, in my 30s. Bothered. Unmoisturized. Probably not in my lane (but I need new glasses so I can't tell). Struggling. Still thinking it's only like 2014 and I just graduated from college only a few years ago when in fact I've been a corporate slave for almost a decade.

Shhhhhh. Time is irrelevant when the music is good. :hooker:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I’ve been thinking about who was influenced by TR and I honestly can’t think of anyone- I do think the movement as a whole “alt pop tumblr girl” influenced but TR itself not really. 
The 80s influences were before their time but done much differently in comparison to say Dua Lipa. 

I’d argue her biggest influence came from her hyper pop era and sucker(more than TR).In suckers case you can see she revived female driven pop rock and it seems Olivia Rodrigo was atleast mildly inspired by her use of mixing film influences and pop rock from 00s/90s.There was also a wave of “90s” nostalgia music videos after sucker came out.

I think she’s trying to get at that people like Billie Eilish were inspired by her sonic template but I honestly do not hear it all despite TR being my favourite record it’s a cult classic that would be too difficult for most to replicate.